ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Student to Spouse visa and initial entry

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

catmando
Newly Registered

Post by catmando » Tue Jan 19, 2010 9:26 am

boulevardofbrokendreams wrote:
catmando wrote:
boulevardofbrokendreams wrote:
catmando wrote:Sorry, as well as the bedrooms there is a converted loft (into an office) over 40sq feet, a living room/dining area over 40 sq feet, plus assorted corridors of varying lengths. The house being privately owned, what proof do you think we would need to submit? I'm guessing obviously a letter from my parents saying we could stay there for a start... Much of the evidence I've seen on the forum has been for rented accomodation...

Re: foreign tuition, she should be getting a scholarship (fingers crossed) - but if, for whatever reason, that doesn't work out, I think we would go for the unmarried/fiancee/married route as we had been planning to move to the UK anyway and also talked about marriage before. Then we would both get jobs, and she could look into studying in the future.
Cheers!
You need to prove that your parents own the property. Go to the land registry website and you can pay £4.00 for the title plan and £4 for the title register which you will be able to print out.
Ooo, interesting. One thing, are you sure the pdf. print out will do? This has worked for you and others? It says on the website that the pdfs are for information purposes only and are not guarunteed, and that I need to send off for an official copy after filling in a form.

Wow, I've learnt so much today! Thanks everyone!
Well an OISC registered advisor told me that both of those should suffice. It seems to have worked for others yes. However, they also provided photos of the inside of the property with the measurements in detail.
I see, ok thats sounds great then, thanks!

catmando
Newly Registered

Post by catmando » Wed Jan 20, 2010 3:18 pm

After another day of research, I have two more questions regarding housing still on my mind, and if anyone can help that would be great...
1) would I need a housing inspection for Entry Clearance for my parents house (owned by them)
2) I would only be at my parents place for a short time ultimately, this would be clear on my app as my wife would be studying in the south (no where near my parents' place), and this info would come out in the 'future plans' discussions. I know there is no limit on how long you have to stay at the address you give, but it also says the officer needs to be happy that you have reasonable accomodation for the future (or words to that effect). So, will this be problematic? We would stay at my parents place until other suitable accomodation was found, could I say that?

I promise to stop asking questions soon and really appreciate all the help...

ElenaW
Diamond Member

Post by ElenaW » Wed Jan 20, 2010 3:37 pm

catmando wrote:After another day of research, I have two more questions regarding housing still on my mind, and if anyone can help that would be great...
1) would I need a housing inspection for Entry Clearance for my parents house (owned by them)
2) I would only be at my parents place for a short time ultimately, this would be clear on my app as my wife would be studying in the south (no where near my parents' place), and this info would come out in the 'future plans' discussions. I know there is no limit on how long you have to stay at the address you give, but it also says the officer needs to be happy that you have reasonable accomodation for the future (or words to that effect). So, will this be problematic? We would stay at my parents place until other suitable accomodation was found, could I say that?

I promise to stop asking questions soon and really appreciate all the help...
1) If it makes you feel better, get it. I've known plenty of applicants that got their visas without getting an inspection report. And they too were living in their in-laws' property.
2) How long exactly are you staying at your parents'? Couple of months?
I tell it like it is.

catmando
Newly Registered

Post by catmando » Wed Jan 20, 2010 3:44 pm

Hi,
That does make me feel better...stress levels lowering...
We may only end up staying there for a couple of weeks, it would all depend on how much earlier than the start of term we'd arrive. The idea is basically to stay there for as long as it takes to find somewhere near her place of study. Naturally, this will take as long as it takes I guess, but speed would be important if we only enter a couple of weeks before her course starts...

EDIT: But, if for whatever reason her scholarship falls through, we would have the time to spend a few months at my parent's place, as she would defer entry.

ElenaW
Diamond Member

Post by ElenaW » Wed Jan 20, 2010 3:58 pm

catmando wrote:Hi,
That does make me feel better...stress levels lowering...
We may only end up staying there for a couple of weeks, it would all depend on how much earlier than the start of term we'd arrive. The idea is basically to stay there for as long as it takes to find somewhere near her place of study. Naturally, this will take as long as it takes I guess, but speed would be important if we only enter a couple of weeks before her course starts...

EDIT: But, if for whatever reason her scholarship falls through, we would have the time to spend a few months at my parent's place, as she would defer entry.
Then write in your letter that it will be for as long as needed until you find a place of your own. The truth is always best as deception can get you in heaps of trouble.
I tell it like it is.

catmando
Newly Registered

Post by catmando » Wed Jan 20, 2010 4:04 pm

Good point. Interestingly, it just crossed my mind that perhaps she could apply for couples accomodation from the uni? If it was a self contained flat (en-suite etc), provided by the uni it would surely have to meet all the government standards (no overcrowding for example), and she would be issued a housing acceptance letter to show immigration...
Ever heard of anyone doing this?

ElenaW
Diamond Member

Post by ElenaW » Wed Jan 20, 2010 4:38 pm

catmando wrote:Good point. Interestingly, it just crossed my mind that perhaps she could apply for couples accomodation from the uni? If it was a self contained flat (en-suite etc), provided by the uni it would surely have to meet all the government standards (no overcrowding for example), and she would be issued a housing acceptance letter to show immigration...
Ever heard of anyone doing this?
Yep totally a good idea. All you need is a studio for the both of you. I would go for it if I were you. Living with in-laws is a no no! :D
I tell it like it is.