ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

TIMELINE AFTER NATURALISATION APPLICATION SUBMISSION

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

yarons

Re: new good character requirement

Post by yarons » Tue Jan 19, 2010 9:40 pm

keshgrover wrote:
Lunch time break. Nothing to do...lol
Lol. Most probably!

Btw Kesh, I'm sure you'll get the good news next week. Good luck and let us know as soon as you hear something :)

mohamedmourad

Post by mohamedmourad » Tue Jan 19, 2010 10:04 pm

3.2.4 Caseworkers should not normally disregard any unspent conviction that falls into the following categories irrespective of the severity of the sentence imposed:
a.
Offences involving dishonesty (e.g. theft, fraud)
b.
Offences involving violence
c.
Offences involving unlawful sexual activity
d.
Offences involving drugs
e.
Offences which would constitute “recklessnessâ€

keshgrover
Member of Standing

Re: .

Post by keshgrover » Tue Jan 19, 2010 10:13 pm

[quote="mohamedmourad"]3.2.4 Caseworkers should not normally disregard any unspent conviction that falls into the following categories irrespective of the severity of the sentence imposed:
a.
b.
c.
d.
Offences involving drugs
e.
KESH

mohamedmourad

thanks

Post by mohamedmourad » Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:09 pm

keshgrover thank you and good luck for you and evrybody weating i hope that good news coming soon for all

joelondon
Member of Standing

Re: thanks

Post by joelondon » Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:57 pm

mohamedmourad wrote:keshgrover thank you and good luck for you and evrybody weating i hope that good news coming soon for all

|Incha-Allah

eagleeye09

Update..

Post by eagleeye09 » Wed Jan 20, 2010 12:06 am

Hi Guys, -> KESH, BRIGHTEST STAR and Everyone,

I had my passport interview today and these were the questions i was asked...

The Questions:

1. Spell your full name .
2. date, place and country of birth.
3. when and where i been to the ceromony.
4. what did i send with my application.(the supporting docs incl.Pics)
5. have i received my docs back yet.
6. mother's full name, date and place of birth
7. Father's full name, date and place of birth
8. name of countsignee and approx age.
9. how do i know him?
10. Is there any adult living with me?
11. Full name, date and place of birth of my partner.
12. have i got any credit agreements like loans credit cards ect...
13. Who do i bank with?
14. For how long i have had this account?

well that was all and i was out of there in 1o minutes. The guy said as we have to do some further checks, ( a standard sentence) you will hear from us in next 4/5 days and if u dont in 1o days then call us.

So hopefully another 2/3 days.

Wish you all the best with your applications. Specially KESH and Brightest Star..

Anything else i could help with plz do let me know.

Regards,
Eagleeye09

Spartac

Application Timeline

Post by Spartac » Wed Jan 20, 2010 8:49 am

My application timeline thus far:

NCS or Postal : NCS – Hatfield
Date of submission or posting : 12-01-2010
CRITERIA - 5 years due to HSMP JR (2 Adults + 1 Child)
Date of debit of debit/credit card : Debit Card 19-01-2010
Date of receipt of acknowledgement : Pending
Date of receipt of approval : Pending
Date of citizenship Ceremony : Pending
council had offered me the
Date of passport application : Pending
Method used : Check and Send
Date for passport Interview: Pending
Date of Receipt of Passport: Pending

Regards - Spartac

Brightest Star

Re: Update..

Post by Brightest Star » Wed Jan 20, 2010 8:53 am

eagleeye09 wrote:Hi Guys, -> KESH, BRIGHTEST STAR and Everyone,

I had my passport interview today and these were the questions i was asked...

The Questions:

1. Spell your full name .
2. date, place and country of birth.
3. when and where i been to the ceromony.
4. what did i send with my application.(the supporting docs incl.Pics)
5. have i received my docs back yet.
6. mother's full name, date and place of birth
7. Father's full name, date and place of birth
8. name of countsignee and approx age.
9. how do i know him?
10. Is there any adult living with me?
11. Full name, date and place of birth of my partner.
12. have i got any credit agreements like loans credit cards ect...
13. Who do i bank with?
14. For how long i have had this account?

well that was all and i was out of there in 1o minutes. The guy said as we have to do some further checks, ( a standard sentence) you will hear from us in next 4/5 days and if u dont in 1o days then call us.

So hopefully another 2/3 days.

Wish you all the best with your applications. Specially KESH and Brightest Star..

Anything else i could help with plz do let me know.

Regards,
Eagleeye09
Hi Eagle Eye, congrats now the interview is out of the way as well. From what I have heard from may folks that these are standard question asked by the officer to establish the indentity and to make sure you are who you say....not to worry buddy.........You will soon have your passport in your hand...

Brightest Star

Re: .

Post by Brightest Star » Wed Jan 20, 2010 8:58 am

[quote="keshgrover"][quote="mohamedmourad"]3.2.4 Caseworkers should not normally disregard any unspent conviction that falls into the following categories irrespective of the severity of the sentence imposed:
a.
b.
c.
d.
Offences involving drugs
e.

madhavkb
Newly Registered

TimeScale for Postal Applications (CitizenShip)

Post by madhavkb » Wed Jan 20, 2010 1:54 pm

Hello All,

Can anybody advice me on how long it may take if you apply for Citizenship through Post (Not NCS).

i.e.

NCS or Postal : Postal
Date of submission or posting : 14-12-2009
CRITERIA - 1+3+3 (4+1 ILR)
Date of debit of debit/credit card : Debit Card 22-12-2009
Date of receipt of acknowledgement : 29-12-2009 (Dt 22-12-2009)

Your help is appreciated.

Cheers,
Madhav.

Brightest Star

Re: TimeScale for Postal Applications (CitizenShip)

Post by Brightest Star » Wed Jan 20, 2010 2:08 pm

madhavkb wrote:Hello All,

Can anybody advice me on how long it may take if you apply for Citizenship through Post (Not NCS).

i.e.

Cheers,
Madhav.
First this first if you got your documents back..ie passport etc?

hsmp-jr2
Newly Registered

Post by hsmp-jr2 » Wed Jan 20, 2010 6:35 pm

I believe its vary from case to case. I have applied for my wife on 18th Nov 09, Fee deducted 24 Nov, recevied documents passports etc back on 18 Dec with a letter that these are returned for your convenience and the case is still under consideration.

we have called HO few times each time they replied it's 'on going' case.

I think it was simple case as she don't have any issues , don't know why its taking so long.

We are getting child benefit on her name after getting ILR can anybody advise could it be a problem ?

--> madhavkb have you received your documents back ?

Thanks

keshgrover
Member of Standing

Post by keshgrover » Wed Jan 20, 2010 6:44 pm

hsmp-jr2 wrote:I believe its vary from case to case. I have applied for my wife on 18th Nov 09, Fee deducted 24 Nov, recevied documents passports etc back on 18 Dec with a letter that these are returned for your convenience and the case is still under consideration.

I think it was simple case as she don't have any issues , don't know why its taking so long.

We are getting child benefit on her name after getting ILR can anybody advise could it be a problem ?

Thanks
You are right. It depends from case to case. Some cases got done in three weeks and some in six months. It is all waiting game these days.

Regards
KESH

madhavkb
Newly Registered

Post by madhavkb » Wed Jan 20, 2010 9:58 pm

Hi Brightest Star, hsmp-jr2, keshgrover,

Thank you very much for your replies.

Nope, I havn't recceived my documents yet. I have enclosed the HO letter (saying I am eligible to apply for citizenship - as per judicial review - reverting 'period of stay' from 5yr to 4 yr to get PR). They checked all my docs 6 months back only - when I applied for ILR. Again will they take Six months time?

Thanks, M.

keshgrover wrote:
hsmp-jr2 wrote:I believe its vary from case to case. I have applied for my wife on 18th Nov 09, Fee deducted 24 Nov, recevied documents passports etc back on 18 Dec with a letter that these are returned for your convenience and the case is still under consideration.

Thanks
You are right. It depends from case to case. Some cases got done in three weeks and some in six months. It is all waiting game these days.

Regards

MsKay

Post by MsKay » Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:21 pm

Hi Madhav

I called the HO today and was told that my case has been assigned to a case worker, so maybe it would good for you to give them a call, that way you will be better able to guage the timeline.

I hope you will recieve good news soon, but I can understand the overwhelming wait as the timelines do vary from person to person.

Good Luck

hsmp-jr2
Newly Registered

Re: TimeScale for Postal Applications (CitizenShip)

Post by hsmp-jr2 » Thu Jan 21, 2010 11:08 am

Brightest Star wrote:
madhavkb wrote:Hello All,

i.e.

Cheers,
Madhav.
First this first if you got your documents back..ie passport etc?

Hi Brightest Star

What does this mean if you receive your doucments (passport etc ) back ? What stage the application is ?
I recevied documents back 17 Dec 09 after that nothing ....
~Thanks

Spartac

Application Timeline - Update

Post by Spartac » Thu Jan 21, 2010 12:03 pm

NCS or Postal : NCS – Hatfield
Date of submission or posting : 12-01-2010
CRITERIA - 5 years due to HSMP JR (2 Adults + 1 Child)
Date of debit of debit/credit card : Debit Card 18-01-2010
Date of receipt of acknowledgement : 21-01-2010 (Dated 18-01-2010)
Date of citizenship Ceremony : Pending
council had offered me the
Date of passport application : Pending
Method used : Check and Send
Date for passport Interview: Pending
Date of Receipt of Passport: Pending

Not many new timelines being posted or updated on this thread anymore. I'd be grateful to know about applications made in January 2010.

Regards - Spartac

kindley

Post by kindley » Thu Jan 21, 2010 1:01 pm

sodedra wrote:hi, sent set m postal route 12th oct,
acknoledgement letter recieved 13th oct,
payment taken out 17th oct,
and now waiting, anyone know how long it might take?

help please

hello,

Have you heard anything regarding your form SETM.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Regards
Always Seek Further Opinion (ASFO)

mustafa80
Newly Registered

Post by mustafa80 » Thu Jan 21, 2010 9:16 pm

Hi all
I had my ILR for 11 months, can i apply for naturlization now as I have urgent travel plan this month.

Spartac

Post by Spartac » Fri Jan 22, 2010 6:54 am

[quote="mustafa80"]Hi all
I had my ILR for 11 months, can i apply for naturlization now as I have urgent travel plan this month.[/quote]

Hi mustafa80,

You must have held your ILR for atleast 12 months before applying for naturalisation. If you then apply via th NCS you should not travel for about 5 days after application. If you apply via post, you wont have your passport anyway for a few weeks.

Depending how urgent your travel plan is, you might want to delay your application until after you are back from your trip.

Hope that helps - Spartac

asher1979
Newly Registered

Post by asher1979 » Fri Jan 22, 2010 5:38 pm

Hi guys,

I called them again today.. no letters have been dispatched yet. The guy at the HO told me it will be next week.. I guess I waited 11 months for my PR so surely I can wait for one more week for this letter as well. I hate it when they know the outcome already yet they don't want to share this information with you which is perfectly within your right to know since this information relates to you ... why on earth we have to wait for this letter to know the outcome ... HO always find a way to annoy people.

asher1979 wrote:Hi I called the council they have not got anything yet.. lets wait and see
Brightest Star wrote:
asher1979 wrote:Hi Guys, I called the HO today.. they said the decision is already made on the 11th, but they said no letters have been sent out. so.... what do you think guys.. when will I get my letter of rejection or approval
:wink: [

quote="peter786"]Kesh

Will you please tell me which other forum you check for timline of citizenship. I shall be grateful.
Buddy..check with your council with whom you would have your ceremony...Usually HO sends the letter first to the local council before sending it out to the applicant and do remember to update us after you have spoken to them
[/quote]

keshgrover
Member of Standing

Post by keshgrover » Fri Jan 22, 2010 7:19 pm

Guys Good News!!!!!

With the kind grace of the Most High and love of Lord Jesus as from now on I am a BC.

I had a call from my local council yesterday and told that they have recieved my certificate from HO and asked when I am going tobe available for ceremony. So I done private one this morning and now I am a BC.

I would like to take this opportunity to give a big thank you to John, Vinny, Batley Khan, Sidster, Eagleeye, Ms kay, Brightest Star and all of you for being there for me and providing me A class guidence. John and Vinny : you guys have done really a good job. All the information and guidence you two provided was excellent and that is why I am what I am today.

I wish a very good luck to rest those are waiting for their decisions and I pray to the Most High to get them out of this period of stress and arrange things for them.
KESH

kindley

Post by kindley » Fri Jan 22, 2010 7:59 pm

keshgrover wrote:Guys Good News!!!!!

With the kind grace of the Most High and love of Lord Jesus as from now on I am a BC.

I had a call from my local council yesterday and told that they have recieved my certificate from HO and asked when I am going tobe available for ceremony. So I done private one this morning and now I am a BC.

I would like to take this opportunity to give a big thank you to John, Vinny, Batley Khan, Sidster, Eagleeye, Ms kay, Brightest Star and all of you for being there for me and providing me A class guidence. John and Vinny : you guys have done really a good job. All the information and guidence you two provided was excellent and that is why I am what I am today.

I wish a very good luck to rest those are waiting for their decisions and I pray to the Most High to get them out of this period of stress and arrange things for them.
KESH,

Great news! Congratulations Kesh.
Always Seek Further Opinion (ASFO)

MsKay

Post by MsKay » Fri Jan 22, 2010 8:03 pm

CONGRATS KESH!!!

You deserve it... Enjoy! with the grace of god you came out the other end smiling all the best.

Have a nice weekend.
keshgrover wrote:Guys Good News!!!!!

eagleeye09

Post by eagleeye09 » Fri Jan 22, 2010 8:44 pm

-> KESH

OH boy... I dint even pray for me this much like i did for you.... Well after such a long wait and intense moments you most truely deserved it and you got it. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
I am happy and excited for you..

Well guys with this the last update from me... And that is today i received my Brit. Passport which completes my journey too. :D :D :D :D

Thus taking this opportunity i will wish everyone the best of luck with their applications. It was so nice to have you all...

John... the seed you planted has turned into a massive tree and that too with lots of fruit and you can see many like me and others have benefitted from this a lot... May Almighty bless you for this good work.

Regards,

Eagleeye09.