ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 General Visa - English Language

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

amit_uvce
Newly Registered

Tier 1 General Visa - English Language

Post by amit_uvce » Sun Jan 17, 2010 8:34 pm

Hi,

I am applying for a change of status from Work Permit to T1 General visa.

I am using my qualification - MBA from IIT Delhi (2 yr course). This is seen in the drop down while calculating the eligibility points.

Can this degree be used as proof of English Language or do I need a letter from the University as well.

Please advise.

Amit

kunze

Post by kunze » Sun Jan 17, 2010 8:41 pm

As long as your degree is in the PBS calculator ,you are ok.
you can use your B.sc and the MBA for prove of english.
NB
bE SURE YOUR MBA IS IN THE PBS CALCULATOR.

kunze

Post by kunze » Sun Jan 17, 2010 8:42 pm

As long as your degree is in the PBS calculator ,you are ok.
you can use your B.sc and the MBA for prove of english.
NB
bE SURE YOUR MBA IS IN THE PBS CALCULATOR.

UKVisit
India

Post by UKVisit » Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:01 pm

Hi

I have done MCA from DU which is also in the drop down while calculating the eligibility points.

Would you please let me know that have they considered your degree as a proof of English Language or do you need a letter from the University as well.

Thanks

rohitktm

Post by rohitktm » Thu Jan 21, 2010 3:37 pm

For international universities like from UK, USA, Australia or other immigration department have put in systems by themselves. For may universities in India and some other Asian countries, the university is in list means that some one from that university have applied earlier and have provided enough documentation proving that the course has been conducted in English.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:22 pm

Not sure from where people are getting the idea of submitting letter from University to fulfil English Language requirements - because nothing of this sort is mentioned in the Tier 1 policy guidance or the UKBA website.

This (letter from University) used to be practice in the HSMP days when it was mentioned that such a letter was acceptable by UKBA. But this was many moons ago! And no longer accepted as valid evidence!!

The Tier 1 (General) policy guidance clearly explains how the applicants can determine whether or not their qualifications meet the English Language requirements (points based calculator), and in absence what is the alternative (e.g. - English Language test).

regards