ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Basic steps to be taken

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

owais
Newly Registered

Basic steps to be taken

Post by owais » Thu Dec 22, 2005 10:01 am

hi
iam new this board.
what will be the basic steps to taken for UK visa process pls answer the following question.

iam resident of Pakistan.
completed MS-IT(awaiting result)
married
take process first individually or with wife
if, alone how much time take and how my wife will come in UK.
how i get job in UK.
my age is 28 years at the end of december 2005.

rogerroger
Member of Standing

Post by rogerroger » Sat Dec 31, 2005 1:11 pm

Hi Owais

are you looking for a work visa or a visit visa. in case you are looking for a work visa and you have considerable experience, perhaps you can apply for an HSMP, an HSMP is a "azaad" visa which lets you work for employers which you choose, of course as long as you get a job.

perhaps you should consider the fact that the US is a bigger economy, germany is another option.

being married helps you with a visit visa, since it gives the message to the visa counsellor that you are not going to marry a resident nd sette down in the UK.

owais
Newly Registered

please

Post by owais » Mon Jan 02, 2006 3:45 am

hi
iam 28 and interested to get work visa or u said HSMP, but the problem is iam not coming in the scale of earning mentioned in calculator and second is my job designation is also not senior level what can i do.

rogerroger
Member of Standing

Post by rogerroger » Mon Jan 02, 2006 12:03 pm

Hi Owais

i think you should focus on getting a company which is willing to sponsor a work permit for you. one way is to work for a multinational company in pakistan and get yourself an overseas assignment in the UK. you can then use this opportunity to find a "UK based job" in the UK using your previous work experience.

the other way s to get yourself onto a masters program in the uk or actually check out germany/sweden/finland, there are some real good universities there and then upon completion of your masters look for a job