ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dependent Visa for Newborn in the UK (Tier2)

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

liewanne
Newly Registered

Dependent Visa for Newborn in the UK (Tier2)

Post by liewanne » Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:43 pm

Dear Members,
I would like to find out the procedure to apply for dependent visa for newborn baby (born in the UK) as my baby is due on Feb 2010. I am currently on Tier 2 visa which will end on 2011.

I would like to find out what form to use and what supporting documents to submit, and the maintenance funds. Currently with my Tier 2visa, my husband is my dependent, so when the baby arrives, i will have two dependents on my visa.

Also, I would like to find out how soon do I need to apply for the dependent visa for my newborn, can I wait till the baby is two-months old?

Thank you.

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Jan 14, 2010 10:58 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

goody09

newborn visa

Post by goody09 » Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:46 am

Hi there,

As you hold a visa expiring on 2011, you may not need to apply for a dependant visa for your newborn and you may wait untill you come to the point of renewing your visa where you would include your newborn at that time as long as your baby will not leave the UK, but if the baby leaves UK and on the return back the baby would need to have an entery clearence visa from the local embassy, hope this would help you

Best wihses

liewanne
Newly Registered

Post by liewanne » Thu Jan 21, 2010 12:28 pm

thank you so much for all the replies. I really appreciate it!