ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 latest postage time

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

pepene

Tier 2 latest postage time

Post by pepene » Sat Jan 16, 2010 3:57 pm

Hi guys,

Just hoping if someone can advice regarding this issue.

My Tier 2 expires on the 17th of February and looks like I will be able to post the application only on 1st week of February.

Will this be too late?

If approved, will there be a gap in the visa and thus ruining chances of an ILR?

Many thanks.

Pep.

ash786
BANNED

Re: Tier 2 latest postage time

Post by ash786 » Sat Jan 16, 2010 8:03 pm

pepene wrote:Hi guys,

Just hoping if someone can advice regarding this issue.

My Tier 2 expires on the 17th of February and looks like I will be able to post the application only on 1st week of February.

Will this be too late?

If approved, will there be a gap in the visa and thus ruining chances of an ILR?

Many thanks.

Pep.
1. Why it wud be late as u visa expires on the 17 of Feb and u r going to apply in the first week of Feb so u r applying well before u visa expired.
2. That wud not harm u ILR as u r applying before u current visa expires.
3. So do not worry too much.

pepene

Post by pepene » Sat Jan 16, 2010 8:28 pm

hey many thanks mate.

well they say to apply 1 month before expiry and I will be able to do so just 2 weeks before and if they stamp a visa say after the 17 (for that matter even 20th of Feb or so) then it might cause probs for ILR wont it?

regards.

Pep.

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Sat Jan 16, 2010 9:07 pm

pepene wrote:hey many thanks mate.

well they say to apply 1 month before expiry and I will be able to do so just 2 weeks before and if they stamp a visa say after the 17 (for that matter even 20th of Feb or so) then it might cause probs for ILR wont it?

regards.

Pep.
NO pepene..

once you send you application even if the HO takes 2 or 3 or 5months to take the decision.. they will extend your new visa from the previous visa expiry date.. dont worry.. GOodluck..

pepene

Post by pepene » Sat Jan 16, 2010 9:17 pm

much obliged, u guys are very helpful here. anyway have to crack on :)

Pep

ash786
BANNED

Post by ash786 » Sat Jan 16, 2010 9:20 pm

pepene wrote:hey many thanks mate.

regards.

Pep.
1. HO advises but its not compulsory.
2. If u worry about that if they stamp the visa after u expiry date even u send the application before u expiry date of the current visa then do the following.

i. Do a special delivery and keep the receipt.
ii. U will also receive an acknowledgement letter which will confirm u date of the application.
iii. It does not matter wen HO stamp the visa and as long as u applied before u visa expired ( past applications and future) u will be alrite for ILR.
iv. If u still worry u can always order u SUBJECT ACCESS REQUEST file from HO for £10 fee and thats u immigration file kept at HO which includes all the information about u applications and the date HO received them.

esal

Post by esal » Thu Jan 21, 2010 1:06 pm

wow very helpful information ..

my case is almost same and I was worring about the same like wht if they stamp 5 days later than my previous visa expirary date ...

thanks guys...