ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Application for British citizenship

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

decentguy_uk

Application for British citizenship

Post by decentguy_uk » Thu Jan 21, 2010 1:44 pm

Hey guys

I entered UK in Sep 2000 as a student and completed 4 year degree course in 2004.

In 2004 I was given a 5 year work permit which expired in 2009.

I received an ILR in Nov 2009 (on completion of 5 year work permit)

Questions:
1. When can I apply for British citizenship

2. As I have now been in this country for more than 9 years (student visa + 5 year work permit), does it make any difference ?

3. My wife who also has an ILR with me (dependant), can she apply for british citizenship with me ? She entered country in Oct 2008 as work permit dependant and got ILR with me in Nov 2009

Many thanks in advance

f2k
Diamond Member

Post by f2k » Thu Jan 21, 2010 3:11 pm

1/ 1 year after you got ILR. So Nov 2010

2/ Doesnt Really make a difference cause the requirement is that you have been in the country for 5years and all of this is covered by your WP

3/ No she cant. Earliest she can apply is Oct 2011. That is if she applies as a spouse of a British Citizen assumming that your application will be successful. The minimum for this is 3 years otherwise she would have to wait till Oct 2013

decentguy_uk

Post by decentguy_uk » Thu Jan 21, 2010 3:29 pm

Thats very informative and precise

Many thanks