ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

demand for bank statement by Irish embassy

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

koded

demand for bank statement by Irish embassy

Post by koded » Thu Jan 21, 2010 5:08 pm

I applied for visa in Irish embassy in Sweden as an EU spouse and they asking me to provide my bankstatement. Meanwhile, I will be moving to Ireland with my wife.
I want to know if anyone here have the same experience and did you submit the bank statement?

zafarzafar
BANNED

hi

Post by zafarzafar » Thu Jan 21, 2010 8:11 pm

yes bank statement is important part of your application.
the visa officer wants to see the funds maintained in ur account and he wana see how would u afford urself. if u don't have funds in ur account, u can buy traveler cheques to show and than see it back to the bank with a minimum deduction.

koded

Re: hi

Post by koded » Thu Jan 21, 2010 8:22 pm

zafarzafar wrote:yes bank statement is important part of your application.
the visa officer wants to see the funds maintained in ur account and he wana see how would u afford urself. if u don't have funds in ur account, u can buy traveler cheques to show and than see it back to the bank with a minimum deduction.
Yes, I know for ordinarly visa application. But I am talking as spouse of Eu citizen. Because I understand according to Eu Law on freedom of movement of Eu citizens and their family members that bank statements should not be demanded from Eu spouse.
So I am just asking if this is proper.

dublin3
- thin ice -

Re: demand for bank statement by Irish embassy

Post by dublin3 » Thu Jan 21, 2010 8:30 pm

koded wrote:I applied for visa in Irish embassy in Sweden as an EU spouse and they asking me to provide my bankstatement. Meanwhile, I will be moving to Ireland with my wife.
I want to know if anyone here have the same experience and did you submit the bank statement?
Yes you are right its just not a normal visa application.
I think what you need to do is send an e mail to INIS visa section regarding to your problem and ask them to send you a list of your required documents in your case and mention them that you are going to apply EUTR visa not just a visit they will reply you and get that print out and give it to embassy and submit that e mail with your application.
I am sure you will be issued a visa.Bank statements are not required all you need is your wife's passport, your passport,and marriage certificate and thats it.

koded

Post by koded » Thu Jan 21, 2010 8:42 pm

Thanks rebel82, I have already made an application and after 3 weeks they told me to send in my bank statements.

dublin3
- thin ice -

Post by dublin3 » Thu Jan 21, 2010 10:28 pm

Then write them a letter explaining Directive 2004/38/EC and tell them what you have to submit with your application.
I hope they will understand?

dublin3
- thin ice -

Post by dublin3 » Thu Jan 21, 2010 10:29 pm

What country are you from and how long you have been living in Sweden with your wife?

koded

Post by koded » Thu Jan 21, 2010 11:52 pm

I'm from Africa and my wife and I have been living in egypt before we moved to Sweden. We have lived in sweden for about 10 months now.

Ben
Diamond Member

Post by Ben » Fri Jan 22, 2010 9:41 am

The Irish Naturalisation and Immigration Service wrote:Spouse/Child

If you are the non EEA spouse or the child (under 21 years) of an EU Citizen or the child of the non EEA spouse and wish to join/accompany the EU Citizen in Ireland the following documents are required:

* Application form.
* Passport.
* Marriage Certificate – evidence (apostilled document) that marriage has been registered in applicant’s country of origin/residence.
* Birth Certificate (long form) for children under 21 years, parental consent, national identity card (signed if required).
* Evidence that the EU Citizen spouse is exercising their EU Treaty Rights by being employed/self employed in the State or engaged in a valid vocational training programme or has sufficient financial resources and comprehensive sickness insurance cover.
NB: Evidence that the EU Citizen spouse is exercising their EU Treaty Rights is not required in your case, since your spouse is not yet in Ireland and will be entering at the same time as you, which, for the first three months, shall not be subject to any conditions or formalities other than the requirement to hold a valid passport or National ID card.
I am no longer posting publicly on this website - PM me if needed.

acme4242

Post by acme4242 » Sat Jan 23, 2010 3:41 am

there is slightly different requirement list on the INIS site >here<
http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/VisaDoc2 ... hJan07.doc
Family Member of EU Citizen
(Lawfully Resident in an EU State)
Spouse/Child

If you are the spouse of an EU citizen, or the child (under 21 years) of an EU citizen or the child of their spouse, and wish to move, with the EU citizen to Ireland, or to join the EU citizen in Ireland, from the EU State in which you currently reside, the following documents are required:
o Application form
o Passport
o Valid Residence Card for EU State
o Marriage Certificate
o Birth Certificate for children under 21 years

Ben
Diamond Member

Post by Ben » Sat Jan 23, 2010 12:41 pm

acme4242 wrote:there is slightly different requirement list on the INIS site >here<
http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/VisaDoc2 ... hJan07.doc
That page is out of date. It is dated 24th Jan 07 (pre Metock).

koded

Post by koded » Thu Jan 28, 2010 6:30 pm

I still need some advice on what to do on this case. Ireland Embassy in sweden is still insisting that I should submit bank statement and comprehsive insurance. And I am only applying for entry visa and I am moving with my wife to Ireland. My wife is not living in Ireland we both live in sweden.
thanks for your contribution

IrishTom
BANNED

Post by IrishTom » Thu Jan 28, 2010 6:38 pm

koded wrote:I still need some advice on what to do on this case. Ireland Embassy in sweden is still insisting that I should submit bank statement and comprehsive insurance. And I am only applying for entry visa and I am moving with my wife to Ireland. My wife is not living in Ireland we both live in sweden.
thanks for your contribution
Would it kill you to give it to them?

koded

Post by koded » Thu Jan 28, 2010 6:59 pm

[/quote]Would it kill you to give it to them?[/quote]
it will not kill but in every documentation there is expectation, for instance, in the case of bank statement they will expect you to have certain amount. and what if I am not living my money in a bank or what if I dont operate bank account in the country I apply for the visa.
Of course, if that is what is required then i must do everything to provide it. but in this case it shouldnt be part of the requirement for entry visa.

IrishTom
BANNED

Post by IrishTom » Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:29 pm

koded wrote: it will not kill but in every documentation there is expectation, for instance, in the case of bank statement they will expect you to have certain amount. and what if I am not living my money in a bank or what if I dont operate bank account in the country I apply for the visa.
Of course, if that is what is required then i must do everything to provide it. but in this case it shouldnt be part of the requirement for entry visa.
If it speeds up the process, maybe just provide the relevant documentation?

Ben
Diamond Member

Post by Ben » Thu Jan 28, 2010 8:02 pm

IrishTom wrote:If it speeds up the process, maybe just provide the relevant documentation?
It's not relevant. That's the point.

koded, contact Solvit for assistance if the Irish Embassy in Sweden are set on continuing this disregard for EC law.

koded

Post by koded » Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:35 pm

I don't really know if I should contact them now or when they deny the visa.
I am asking them (Irish embassy) where is the freedom of movement. Maybe I cannot afford to provide the documents they are requesting. that means I am not free to move. Which means my freedom of movement is restricted. And to my thinking I do not see the difference between EU spouse and someone that is not spouse of eu citizen. because the requirements are just the same.
Cheers!

koded

Good News!

Post by koded » Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:19 am

My visa application is now approved by embassy of Ireland, sweden.
So please I will to ask this questions.
Which city in Ireland is better to live in terms of job, social life and raising kid?
What are the necessarily produces to obtain right to work ? Sorry, I dont understand all those stamps stuff. I know in other eu country non-eu spouse is entitle to start work immediately but i think i heard from Ireland it is otherwise.
Meanwhile, both of us (me & my wife) will move together.
Thanks for your response.