ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship timeline tracker.

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

crown

Re: Citzenship

Post by crown » Tue Jan 12, 2010 12:00 pm

Deception-shy wrote:
realgunner wrote:My application nearly 3 years now and not a single response from them in last 2 years. One of the worse immigration system in the world. If i applied as a asylum i would had the citzenship by now. Now i have no job so my application is delayed for another year.

I know...This is THE worst immigration system in the world.
I know guys who have received citizenship wouldn't want to comment on this, but those who are waiting for no reason would feel the burnt.

Why on earth they need to take so long to process an application? Anyway, all we need to do is to forget about this and get on with our life, and one fine day you'll get an surprise :-)

Have fun....

That is the secret - forget it for the sake of your sanity, move on and one day it will come. I agree it is difficult but no choice
Crown

homingpigeon
Newly Registered

Post by homingpigeon » Tue Jan 12, 2010 2:34 pm

Does anyone know when you pay your €950.00 fee if it has to be cash or can you use credit card. I haven't got approval yet just inquiring.

sideshowsue

Post by sideshowsue » Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:45 pm

homingpigeon wrote:Does anyone know when you pay your €950.00 fee if it has to be cash or can you use credit card. I haven't got approval yet just inquiring.
Bank draft or postal order only. They don't accept cash, credit cards, or personal cheques.

IrlNational2009
Newly Registered

Naturalisation Certificate

Post by IrlNational2009 » Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:22 pm

Hi All,

Has anyone got the naturalisation certificate after taking oath in the pas couple of months? Seems like issuing the certificate is getting longer (from weeks to months now :cry: )

Fake Paddy
Newly Registered

Post by Fake Paddy » Wed Jan 13, 2010 2:44 pm

Hello Everyone, I am a new member but reading all posts since long. I am also from the bage of mid 2007. Since then i have not heared any thing and never asked to submit any documents ever so far. What do you think .....? last time i called about 6 months before and they said my file is in process. God knows what is current status...?

AShawna

Post by AShawna » Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:32 am

Anyone gotten through to the helpline this year yet?
...though it tarries, it shall surely come...

crown

Post by crown » Thu Jan 14, 2010 6:06 pm

AShawna wrote:Anyone gotten through to the helpline this year yet?
I have not been getting through - trying to confirm if documents asked for were received [not even once so far this year]
Crown

Southern_Sky

Post by Southern_Sky » Fri Jan 15, 2010 12:40 pm

Does anyone know what application dates are currently being processed?
The website says early 2008, but its been saying that since early 2009.

Any updates or is INIS 'frozen' in time?

dublin123
Newly Registered

citizenship

Post by dublin123 » Fri Jan 15, 2010 4:59 pm

Hi i applied in oct 07,this week I recieved a letter from citizenship section requesting a letter from social welfare confirming if iam /are not in receipt of any social welfare payments or have been for the last three years.

But,I was claiming family income supplement for the period of one year in 2007(then i have stopped),, very small amount ,,because my income was less then threshold with one child .my query, Is this will have any effect on my application,If social welfare department mention on the letter

does anyone had like this situation.

I look forward for your replies,

thanks

nanette
Member of Standing

Re: citizenship

Post by nanette » Sat Jan 16, 2010 11:37 am

Yes Dublin123. I was in this situation, called SW, got the letter, sent to INIS, and got citizenship...Now waiting for certificate to do the passport.

The phone for SW is: 01 704 3000
Request the record department, have your PPS number in hand and all the securities (Address, date of birth, mother's name).

Tell them this for citizenship, that you want an official letter confirming whether you are in receipt of any social benefits or employement benefits or any benefits.

It will take roughly 2 days and comes in an official envelop (state envelop), make a copy of the letter for yourself and send INIS the original + the envelop from which it came from.

Good luck
Nanette (The Girl to Bitch)

dublin123 wrote:Hi i applied in oct 07,this week I recieved a letter from citizenship section requesting a letter from social welfare confirming if iam /are not in receipt of any social welfare payments or have been for the last three years.

But,I was claiming family income supplement for the period of one year in 2007(then i have stopped),, very small amount ,,because my income was less then threshold with one child .my query, Is this will have any effect on my application,If social welfare department mention on the letter

does anyone had like this situation.

I look forward for your replies,

thanks

HOTSPURS

Post by HOTSPURS » Sat Jan 16, 2010 5:32 pm

Southern_Sky wrote:Does anyone know what application dates are currently being processed?
The website says early 2008, but its been saying that since early 2009.

Any updates or is INIS 'frozen' in time?
Hi
INIS updates the website only twice a year. The Website never reflects the truth -- so, we're better off not calling or referring to the Website. Only divine intervention, if there's one, can help !

dublin123
Newly Registered

Post by dublin123 » Sun Jan 17, 2010 10:48 pm

[quote="nanette"]Yes Dublin123. I was in this situation, called SW, got the letter, sent to INIS, and got citizenship...Now waiting for certificate to do the passport.

The phone for SW is: 01 704 3000
Request the record department, have your PPS number in hand and all the securities (Address, date of birth, mother's name).

Tell them this for citizenship, that you want an official letter confirming whether you are in receipt of any social benefits or employement benefits or any benefits.

It will take roughly 2 days and comes in an official envelop (state envelop), make a copy of the letter for yourself and send INIS the original + the envelop from which it came from.

Good luck
Nanette (The Girl to Bitch)

Hi nanatte,, Thanks verymuch for your reply and congrats, My query was if they mention in sw letter that i was claiming FIS is it would be problem?,,,,and how many months it took for you to get citizenship after sending sw letter to them,, can u let me know please

thanks

dublin123
Newly Registered

Post by dublin123 » Sun Jan 17, 2010 10:54 pm

Hi nanatte,, Thanks verymuch for your reply and congrats, My query was if they mention in sw letter that i was claiming FIS is it would be problem?,,,,and how many months it took for you to get citizenship after sending sw letter to them,, can u let me know please

thanks

nanette
Member of Standing

Post by nanette » Mon Jan 18, 2010 7:58 pm

You see Dublin123, I've never taken any SW benefits. So my letter was fine.
You actually don't have a choice here, just ask for the letter and see from there...

NOTE: I don't know what FIS stands for...

It took a month for me to get citizenship after providing SW letter...That was the only thing missing.

One other thing, it it always good to be honest, so if I was you and when I get the letter and if it says I've taken FIS, I will write a letter to INIS that should explain the reasons why I took FIS and for how long ...Just be honest.

Nana (The Girl to Bitch)

dublin123 wrote:Hi nanatte,, Thanks verymuch for your reply and congrats, My query was if they mention in sw letter that i was claiming FIS is it would be problem?,,,,and how many months it took for you to get citizenship after sending sw letter to them,, can u let me know please

thanks

Southern_Sky

Post by Southern_Sky » Tue Jan 19, 2010 10:20 am

It appears the Gardai are not only a bottleneck for providing clearance certs to INIS but also for vetting teachers.

40,000 teachers are yet to be vetted by gardai
http://www.independent.ie/national-news ... 20799.html

9jeirean

Post by 9jeirean » Tue Jan 19, 2010 10:49 am

Got through to INIS this AM. My application has gone to the minister on the 7th of December. The lady on the phone reckons it would most likely be the end of February before it comes back as they now have a huge backlog. That will be almost 3 months after submission for signing. Then another 3-5 months to receive cert. All I know is, I am getting out f this BS of a system this year.

God luck Y'all

9j
What lies behind us and ahead of us is nothing compared to what lies within us

Jakes_26
Newly Registered

Delay for Certs

Post by Jakes_26 » Wed Jan 20, 2010 1:15 pm

http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/Te ... on%20certs

Currently there is a delay for anyone who is waiting for Certificates

agniukas

Post by agniukas » Wed Jan 20, 2010 8:52 pm

a friend of mine today received her cert. docs submitted 8th oct. it took 3.5 months for the cert to issue

BDSK2003

Post by BDSK2003 » Thu Jan 21, 2010 1:31 pm

I got my cert today after 3 months 2 weeks. this forum has been a great help. thanks for sharing and updating the forum.

BDSK

Heinrich

Post by Heinrich » Thu Jan 21, 2010 9:26 pm

Hi guys,
Received my approval letter this morning. Was actually busy on phone with INIS when postman brought me the letter.

Applied December 2007, add documents requested in April 2009.

Got an appointment for my oath for the 17th February, seeing that I am going to my home country for 3 weeks on Wednesday!!!

Good luck to everybody!!!

nanette
Member of Standing

Post by nanette » Fri Jan 22, 2010 3:23 pm

Congratz Heinrich. this is really good news
Heinrich wrote:Hi guys,
Received my approval letter this morning. Was actually busy on phone with INIS when postman brought me the letter.

Got an appointment for my oath for the 17th February, seeing that I am going to my home country for 3 weeks on Wednesday!!!

capetown
Newly Registered

Post by capetown » Fri Jan 22, 2010 6:31 pm

BDSK2003 wrote:I got my cert today after 3 months 2 weeks. this forum has been a great help. thanks for sharing and updating the forum.

BDSK
I got mine today - finally, after almost 9 years in the country!

Apr 2006: Applied
Aug 2009: Approval
Oct 2009: Oath
Jan 2010: Naturalisation Certificate

Off to the passport office on Monday...

9jeirean

Post by 9jeirean » Fri Jan 22, 2010 9:28 pm

Congratulations Heinrich! Another one off the list. Well done mate!
What lies behind us and ahead of us is nothing compared to what lies within us

AShawna

Post by AShawna » Sat Jan 23, 2010 9:36 pm

Congratulations!

Fake Paddy
Newly Registered

Post by Fake Paddy » Tue Jan 26, 2010 4:34 pm

I have one question and that is does DoJ ask for additional documents before seeking reply from outside agencies or after.

My application is in prcess and DoJ waiting for reply from ONE outside agency. I guess they have reply from others but i was never asked to submit additional documents or information.