ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

New citizenship information outreach sessions

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

archigabe

New citizenship information outreach sessions

Post by archigabe » Thu Jan 21, 2010 9:45 pm

The Immigrant Council of Ireland has forged partnerships with local community organisations to host regional information outreach sessions on applying for citizenship in Ireland.

The sessions will also serve as a public opinion forum and allow those attending, who may have already applied for, or have received decisions, the opportunity to offer feedback on their experiences of the citizenship application process. The sessions are open to everyone and free to attend. However, places are limited and people interested in attending should contact the local organisers:

Sligo: January 25, Glass House Hotel, Sligo, 7.30pm. RSVP: Josette Newman, Sligo Leader Partnership, 071-914 1138
Tallaght: January 25, Dodder Valley Partnership, Killinarden Enterprise Park, Tallaght, 5:30pm. RSVP by text: Zuzana Tesarova, 086-067 8316
Dundalk: January 26, Community Office Louth Leader Partnership, Dundalk, 6:30pm. RSVP: Marian Finnegan, 042-933 0288.
Balbriggan: February 3, Balbriggan Combined Clubs, Dublin Street, Balbriggan, 10am. RSVP: Pauline McNamee, Fingal Leader Partnership, 01-802 0484.
A session planned for Cork for today was postponed and a new date will be confirmed later. The session in Balbriggan will also provide information on the process for renewing residence permits under the IBC scheme
http://www.immigrantcouncil.ie/newslett ... .php?id=70
Last edited by archigabe on Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

scrudu

Post by scrudu » Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:54 am

I didn't make it to the Dublin one of these. Did anyone else? Were they useful?

IrishTom
BANNED

Post by IrishTom » Sun Feb 07, 2010 10:20 pm

Zuzana Tesarova

Another "immigrant rights advocate"?

walrusgumble
BANNED

Post by walrusgumble » Sun Feb 14, 2010 5:57 pm

IrishTom wrote: Zuzana Tesarova

no, an advice avenue for hard working non irish/non eu nationals who have lived, worked and avoided criminal activity and claiming most/all social welfare for the past 5 years and wish to remain in the state on a permanent basis without ever gracing the corridors of gnib. its for those who wish to be irish, for whatever reason and probably unable to pay €1,000-3,000 euro to lawyers to apply for something they (the applicant) could possibly do themselves

if you have problems with these people getting citizenship go and take a trip to dermot ahern's office to complain, he is the man who says yes or no

they are simply advicing on the immigrants rights to apply not advocating

IrishTom
BANNED

Post by IrishTom » Thu Feb 18, 2010 7:50 pm

walrusgumble wrote:

no, an advice avenue for hard working non irish/non eu nationals who have lived, worked and avoided criminal activity and claiming most/all social welfare for the past 5 years and wish to remain in the state on a permanent basis without ever gracing the corridors of gnib. its for those who wish to be irish, for whatever reason and probably unable to pay €1,000-3,000 euro to lawyers to apply for something they (the applicant) could possibly do themselves

if you have problems with these people getting citizenship go and take a trip to dermot ahern's office to complain, he is the man who says yes or no

What a load of self-satisfied and semi-literate drivel. Listen, teaboy, stick with the milk and one or two sugars.

Irishtomhasmiserablelife
Newly Registered

Post by Irishtomhasmiserablelife » Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:14 am

walrusgumble
BANNED

Post by walrusgumble » Sat Feb 20, 2010 11:46 am

IrishTom wrote:
walrusgumble wrote:

What a load of self-satisfied and semi-literate drivel. Listen, teaboy, stick with the milk and one or two sugars.
You must have difficulty reading.

With your Daniel O'Connell quote, what is that all about? You some armchair republican or something? O'Connell never fought for complete independence and complete seperation from the Crown! He appeared not to have too much problems with the crown at head of our nation, despite the precedence of 1798.

He simply the rights of Catholics and people like himself (excellent barrister) to get a better foot hold in Irish society, no mean feat though. He would have probably supported the likes of Parnell & Redmond.

Your a very big man commenting teaboy behind a computer,shineshine! I'd imagine it would be the likes of you who is making the tea for me!

And to think I defended you in the latter part of another thread dealing with a lady engaged to an asylum seeker.

It's probably "old" conservative clowns like you who have repeatedly kept this country back come general election days. Who the hell are you to say to move away from a debate. If you can't handle the heat in a debate or incapable of taking criticism, kindly keep the gob shut or face getting made a fool of by people more capable of constructing an argument.

You have not got a fu*cking clue what you are talking about. You are not qualified or capable of commenting on legal matters and clearly not willing to listen to anyone (no change here in the Irish political environment)

Listen, put down the computer, go back to the bookies and concentrate on more important matters. Or at least educate your self in what the IC actaully do without confusing yourself between them and other other shower, Residence against beloved.

If you actually bothered in been able to tell the difference between advocation and giving advice, maybe you would not have found the statement difficult to understand. You would have done a better job for yourself if you bothered to actually debate and counter argue line for line my statement. THey (IC) are no different to those from FLAC who did great work advising and supporting ordinary IRISH people from less well off places in the 1980-1990's about issues like employment, social welfare entitlements etc.

If you have that attitude, all I say is good look talking to people like Dermot Ahern! At least get some of your facts right

anyway, you need not worry, many of these people may not be successful in their applications

IrishTom
BANNED

Post by IrishTom » Sat Feb 20, 2010 11:12 pm

walrusgumble wrote:

I dont, actually.
walrusgumble wrote:With your Daniel O'Connell quote, what is that all about? You some armchair republican or something? O'Connell never fought for complete independence and complete seperation from the Crown! He appeared not to have too much problems with the crown at head of our nation, despite the precedence of 1798.

The message is simple. Ireland for the Irish. Not for London, Brussels or Rome. I like the quote. Simples.

As for me being an "armchair Republican" well I am not a Shiner if thats what you are getting at. But Id hope most Irish people would like to see a 32 country Republic eventually.
walrusgumble wrote: He simply the rights of Catholics and people like himself (excellent barrister) to get a better foot hold in Irish society, no mean feat though. He would have probably supported the likes of Parnell & Redmond.

And he also said one life was not worth Irish freedom. He was a constitutional nationalist alright.
walrusgumble wrote:Your a very big man commenting teaboy behind a computer,shineshine! I'd imagine it would be the likes of you who is making the tea for me!

Shineshine?
walrusgumble wrote:And to think I defended you in the latter part of another thread dealing with a lady engaged to an asylum seeker.

Your defence of my good self was neither needed nor wanted.
walrusgumble wrote:It's probably "old" conservative clowns like you who have repeatedly kept this country back come general election days. Who the hell are you to say to move away from a debate. If you can't handle the heat in a debate or incapable of taking criticism, kindly keep the gob shut or face getting made a fool of by people more capable of constructing an argument.

You sound like a Fianna Failure. I am in the 20s.

walrusgumble wrote:Listen, put down the computer, go back to the bookies and concentrate on more important matters. Or at least educate your self in what the IC actaully do without confusing yourself between them and other other shower, Residence against beloved.

Never gambled in my life. You will never beat the bookies. IC/IRC/RAR all want the same thing, open borders.
walrusgumble wrote:If you actually bothered in been able to tell the difference between advocation and giving advice, maybe you would not have found the statement difficult to understand. You would have done a better job for yourself if you bothered to actually debate and counter argue line for line my statement. THey (IC) are no different to those from FLAC who did great work advising and supporting ordinary IRISH people from less well off places in the 1980-1990's about issues like employment, social welfare entitlements etc.

And no they work for the betterment of foreign nationals, to the detriment of the Irish working class. To top it all off, they are funded by the Irish taxpayer. Big business and slum landlords take all the profits from mass immigration, whilst the working class pay the social costs.
walrusgumble wrote:If you have that attitude, all I say is good look talking to people like Dermot Ahern! At least get some of your facts right

The god botherer? Shaking in me boots!
walrusgumble wrote:anyway, you need not worry, many of these people may not be successful in their applications
Hopefully we dont dish out any more passports to Israelis! :lol:

Pakhtoon
- thin ice -

Post by Pakhtoon » Sat Feb 20, 2010 11:32 pm

IrishTom wrote:
Irish passports weren't dished out to Israelis, they were forged by Mossad.
“Terrorism is the war of the poor; war is the terrorism of the rich.â€

IrishTom
BANNED

Post by IrishTom » Sun Feb 21, 2010 12:12 am

Pakhtoon wrote:
IrishTom wrote:
Irish passports weren't dished out to Israelis, they were forged by Mossad.
It was joke!

walrusgumble
BANNED

Post by walrusgumble » Sun Feb 21, 2010 3:42 am

IrishTom wrote:
walrusgumble wrote:

I dont, actually.
walrusgumble wrote:With your Daniel O'Connell quote, what is that all about? You some armchair republican or something? O'Connell never fought for complete independence and complete seperation from the Crown! He appeared not to have too much problems with the crown at head of our nation, despite the precedence of 1798.

The message is simple. Ireland for the Irish. Not for London, Brussels or Rome. I like the quote. Simples.

As for me being an "armchair Republican" well I am not a Shiner if thats what you are getting at. But Id hope most Irish people would like to see a 32 country Republic eventually.
walrusgumble wrote: He simply the rights of Catholics and people like himself (excellent barrister) to get a better foot hold in Irish society, no mean feat though. He would have probably supported the likes of Parnell & Redmond.

And he also said one life was not worth Irish freedom. He was a constitutional nationalist alright.
walrusgumble wrote:Your a very big man commenting teaboy behind a computer,shineshine! I'd imagine it would be the likes of you who is making the tea for me!

Shineshine?
walrusgumble wrote:And to think I defended you in the latter part of another thread dealing with a lady engaged to an asylum seeker.

Your defence of my good self was neither needed nor wanted.
walrusgumble wrote:It's probably "old" conservative clowns like you who have repeatedly kept this country back come general election days. Who the hell are you to say to move away from a debate. If you can't handle the heat in a debate or incapable of taking criticism, kindly keep the gob shut or face getting made a fool of by people more capable of constructing an argument.
You sound like a Fianna Failure. I am in the 20s.[/quote]

You missed the point there, i was saying it would have been gombsh&tes like yourself who voted fianna fail consistently. No, me myself, Sinn Fein/Labour

walrusgumble wrote:Listen, put down the computer, go back to the bookies and concentrate on more important matters. Or at least educate your self in what the IC actaully do without confusing yourself between them and other other shower, Residence against beloved.

[/quote}Never gambled in my life. You will never beat the bookies. IC/IRC/RAR all want the same thing, open borders.[/quote]

Thats good to hear. But like I said, don't compare IC to the raving lunatics that is RAR. IC in this situation are simply advising on how to make an application where the applicant is already in the system. This is not seeking to open doors to them, they are already in.
walrusgumble wrote:If you actually bothered in been able to tell the difference between advocation and giving advice, maybe you would not have found the statement difficult to understand. You would have done a better job for yourself if you bothered to actually debate and counter argue line for line my statement. THey (IC) are no different to those from FLAC who did great work advising and supporting ordinary IRISH people from less well off places in the 1980-1990's about issues like employment, social welfare entitlements etc.

[/quote]And no they work for the betterment of foreign nationals, to the detriment of the Irish working class. To top it all off, they are funded by the Irish taxpayer. Big business and slum landlords take all the profits from mass immigration, whilst the working class pay the social costs.[/quote]

So what, it happens in all countries. Aren't Labour and Trade Unions there for the betterment of the working class. They are there to try and assist foreign nationals integrate. They are there as a forum to raise their concerns because local election politicans won't give a damn once the vote comes in, and you and i are too busy dealing with our own lives. The working Foreign nationals you refer to are also paying tax and have to pay their way if they want citizenship. They pay around €150 each year to renew their cards and will have to pay nearly €1,000 if they are successful in their application for citizenship

During the good times, our government, particularily under PD's did not really give a flying talk to for the less well off. BTW we are not British, so less of the "working class/middle class" nonsense. Then again, for most abled bodied people, there was work for them and opportunities to go to further education. Sadly, the governments did feck all planning when it came to funding primary and secondary schools despite the wave of immigration. And sadly,yes, the government were caught off the hope on a number of occassions regarding the loopholes.I would agree though the landlords, employers and mickey mouse college institutes did well out of the immigration. But for those who got in and worked, they are here, they shouldn't be made a scape goats. There were plenty of people, including the "working class" who enjoyed the holidays, second house etc and didn't stop to ask when it would end. We all got caught in the hop. You can't blame the immigrants for fecking up the economy. Granted there were scammers, but blame the useless shower in the civil service who did not do their basic job and keep an eye on the scammers (irish including)
walrusgumble wrote:If you have that attitude, all I say is good luck talking to people like Dermot Ahern! At least get some of your facts right

[/quote]The god botherer? Shaking in me boots![/quote]

That was simply advice on how to get your opinion across effectively to this guy.
walrusgumble wrote:anyway, you need not worry, many of these people may not be successful in their applications
[/quote]Hopefully we dont dish out any more passports to Israelis! :lol:[/quote]

Ya piss them and alan shatter off and give some to the Palestians.