ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

mental fitness and naturalisation

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

munisa

mental fitness and naturalisation

Post by munisa » Thu Jan 21, 2010 9:21 pm

I was stressed at work a couple of weeks ago and had constant headaches, so I contacted my GP. She said my headache was due to stress and I should therefore take a wek off work. I have now received a letter from a charity called ''MIND'' that works on behalf on NHS in assessing 'mental' needs and offer appropriate help. Of course I didnt expect this course of action by the GP as I am only having some sporadic stress.

My question is that cos am due for naturalisation in May this year, the guidance notes state that one of the requirements is that the applicant must be of sound mind! Does HO contacts GPs to get medical reports after one applies?
A Good Opportunity never occurs twice!

kindley

Re: mental fitness and naturalisation

Post by kindley » Thu Jan 21, 2010 9:37 pm

munisa wrote:I was stressed at work a couple of weeks ago and had constant headaches, so I contacted my GP. She said my headache was due to stress and I should therefore take a wek off work. I have now received a letter from a charity called ''MIND'' that works on behalf on NHS in assessing 'mental' needs and offer appropriate help. Of course I didnt expect this course of action by the GP as I am only having some sporadic stress.

My question is that cos am due for naturalisation in May this year, the guidance notes state that one of the requirements is that the applicant must be of sound mind! Does HO contacts GPs to get medical reports after one applies?
I don't think they refer to a case like yours. "Sound mind" I think refers to someone who is insane or have serious mental problem.
Always Seek Further Opinion (ASFO)

Dr Logic
BANNED

Post by Dr Logic » Thu Jan 21, 2010 11:41 pm

munisa wrote:I was stressed at work a couple of weeks ago and had constant headaches, so I contacted my GP. She said my headache was due to stress and I should therefore take a wek off work. I have now received a letter from a charity called ''MIND'' that works on behalf on NHS in assessing 'mental' needs and offer appropriate help. Of course I didnt expect this course of action by the GP as I am only having some sporadic stress.

Dont worry they will not investigate. If someone has seriouse mental problem than that rule apply. You are fine in this regard dont take too much stress do some excercise or joint gym for couple of months.

munisa

Post by munisa » Fri Jan 22, 2010 7:28 am

Thanks Kindley and Dr Logic. This issue had added more stress to me and I was almost breaking down with worries.

My understanding is therefore that 'a person of sound mind' is one who has not been sectioned under mental health act?
A Good Opportunity never occurs twice!

Dr Logic
BANNED

Post by Dr Logic » Fri Jan 22, 2010 9:03 pm

munisa wrote:Thanks Kindley and Dr Logic. This issue had added more stress to me and I was almost breaking down with worries.

My understanding is therefore that 'a person of sound mind' is one who has not been sectioned under mental health act?

You are absolutly right.
Real Eyes Realize Real Lies....