ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalization Question - Adverse Garda Attention

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

alpha_1

Naturalization Question - Adverse Garda Attention

Post by alpha_1 » Thu Jan 21, 2010 6:27 pm

Hi guys, I am about to apply for irish naturalization. I read few stories here about adverse garda attention.

I wanted to know that, once I had an argument with some body and later he attacked me. I did not retaliate rather I called Garda. Garda came and they resolved the issue, I asked them to write a complain so that I can take that man to court. But Garda advised me not to do so and in future don't talk to that man. I took garda advised and did not lodged an official complaint and i stayed away with that man.

Just wanted to know whether this will affect my application for naturalization if DoJ asked Garda about me.

Thanks alot.

agniukas

Post by agniukas » Thu Jan 21, 2010 7:35 pm

i guess it will depend on what is written on your file in relation to the incident. i guess it shouldn't affect your application if it happened the way you said. however, you may not know that until you get the decision in relation to your application.

IrishTom
BANNED

Re: Naturalization Question - Adverse Garda Attention

Post by IrishTom » Thu Jan 21, 2010 7:48 pm

alpha_1 wrote:Hi guys, I am about to apply for irish naturalization. I read few stories here about adverse garda attention.

I wanted to know that, once I had an argument with some body and later he attacked me. I did not retaliate rather I called Garda. Garda came and they resolved the issue, I asked them to write a complain so that I can take that man to court. But Garda advised me not to do so and in future don't talk to that man. I took garda advised and did not lodged an official complaint and i stayed away with that man.

Just wanted to know whether this will affect my application for naturalization if DoJ asked Garda about me.

Thanks alot.
If events unfolded as you say, well then you handled the situation in a responsible manner. I doubt very much the gardai will have a bad word to say about you after the incident.

The gardai arent out to "get" you. Their job is to serve and protect the community.

zafarzafar
BANNED

Post by zafarzafar » Thu Jan 21, 2010 8:13 pm

if garda advised not to bring this case to court and he did not write a report so i think u will have no record in garda pulse.
arsalan

IrishTom
BANNED

Post by IrishTom » Thu Jan 21, 2010 8:18 pm

zafarzafar wrote:if garda advised not to bring this case to court and he did not write a report so i think u will have no record in garda pulse.
It would be recorded on Pulse. :wink:

If the OPs story is 100% factual, he has nothing to worry about.

alpha_1

Post by alpha_1 » Fri Jan 22, 2010 10:55 am

well they did not take my name or anything and they did not write anything. I was just worried because I read some stories on this immigration boards. Thanks for all your replies.

But truly, I must say that DoJ should be lenient that if a person stayed in the country legally, paid all the relevant taxes then for minor offences one should not be penalized heavily.

alpha_1

Post by alpha_1 » Fri Jan 22, 2010 10:57 am

IrishTom wrote:
zafarzafar wrote:if garda advised not to bring this case to court and he did not write a report so i think u will have no record in garda pulse.
It would be recorded on Pulse. :wink:

If the OPs story is 100% factual, he has nothing to worry about.
Do they record every incident in their record which they attend? But they did not take my name or any other details they just went with me to that man and resolved the issue?