ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Please help!

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ptecn
Newly Registered

Please help!

Post by ptecn » Fri Jan 22, 2010 5:49 pm

this is first post.
I am over 50 and my wife pastaway i want re marrage i am unemployed how can bring my wife from back home please help me on this .

high_aimer

Post by high_aimer » Fri Jan 22, 2010 8:53 pm

First you need to find a job to confirm to the Border Agency that you can accommodate your new wife without recourse to public funds.

I heard that Home Office has started accepting 3rd party support for this purpose but I am not sure about the exact details of this.

ptecn
Newly Registered

Post by ptecn » Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:17 am

high_aimer wrote:First you need to find a job to confirm to the Border Agency that you can accommodate your new wife without recourse to public funds.

I heard that Home Office has started accepting 3rd party support for this purpose but I am not sure about the exact details of this.
Thanks

ptecn
Newly Registered

Post by ptecn » Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:36 am

ptecn wrote:
high_aimer wrote:First you need to find a job to confirm to the Border Agency that you can accommodate your new wife without recourse to public funds.

Thanks
http://www.gcnchambers.co.uk/gcn/news/t ... 97_and_317

mochyn
Diamond Member

Post by mochyn » Sat Jan 23, 2010 2:23 am

Actually if you have accomodation and you are receiving benefits you can apply for a spousal visa.
You are not entitled to ADDITIONAL BENEFITS when your spouse arrives and this makes it difficult but not impossible to survive the 2 year period until your spouse is entitled to funds after she receives her ILR.
Every case is decided on its own merits and your own circumstances might well be ok for a spousal visa

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Sat Jan 23, 2010 10:39 am

3rd party support may only be allowed from very close relatives not the State.

Can you not find a job?. At 50 its not to late to still get a job. Your chances of suceeding with your application will be better than if you dont work.

bbbb
BANNED

Post by bbbb » Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:10 am

hello

need to have either a job and/or a good saving

thx

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Tue Jan 26, 2010 1:49 pm

3rd party financial support from family is still being disallowed by ECO's until (and if) the Regulations change. If an application is refused due to 3rd party support being claimed it may be allowed at appeal if all other conditions are met.