ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Extending Student Visa

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sanilsahadevan
Newly Registered

Extending Student Visa

Post by sanilsahadevan » Fri Jan 22, 2010 2:58 pm

Hi ,

My friend is in kind of between problems right now. She has to apply for PSW Visa before 31st Janauary as her student visa is expiring on that day but her final results are not out yet. She spoke to college administrator about this but they said that nothing can be done and cannot hand out individual results until they have all the results. With only 5 working days in hand at the moment, she doesnt know what to do.

Guys, could you please suggest me a solution to this problem? Can the student visa she currently holds be extended in any way until her final results are out.??

Awaiting your reply mates.

Vamiq.khan

Post by Vamiq.khan » Fri Jan 22, 2010 3:08 pm

One and most secure way . Is to go back your home country and apply.

Or

Get a letter from uni which must state the date of forthcoming result and previous results which must be appear as passed. And once your result has been declared after your submission of application .Than simply post the exact and final result by stating case reference number along with cover letter. However this way be quiet risky which may be accept or reject your application and in result you could lose your £500 and precious time.

Regards
Vamiq

potterbond007
Member of Standing

Re: Extending Student Visa

Post by potterbond007 » Fri Jan 22, 2010 4:36 pm

sanilsahadevan wrote:Hi ,

My friend is in kind of between problems right now. She has to apply for PSW Visa before 31st Janauary as her student visa is expiring on that day but her final results are not out yet. She spoke to college administrator about this but they said that nothing can be done and cannot hand out individual results until they have all the results. With only 5 working days in hand at the moment, she doesnt know what to do.

Guys, could you please suggest me a solution to this problem? Can the student visa she currently holds be extended in any way until her final results are out.??

I am sorry for her trouble.. I have been in the same situation.. And thankfully I can give you a way out.. It is a bit risky but it worked for 2 of my friends..
1) Get her bank statements properly.
2) Get a letter from the Uni that the student will get her degree after the senate/professor considers the case..
3) She is definitely going to get rejected but this will take atleast a month and a half and she would get maybe 10 more days before she needs to file an appeal..
4) Appeals are free and there is no charge but she could keep a solicitor or present the case on her own if she wants..
5) On the day of the appeal, say in court that she has got her degree and show the university letter giving the date of award of the degree and hopefully she would get a degree certificate too by that time..
6) Convince the judge and succeed in your appeal..
7) One thing that she should be lucky with or try hard to do is get the award of degree date before the date of rejection of the visa.. that was one of the important questions the judge asked..
8) This method buys her time without having to go back to the country and would also help her get her PSW.. worth a shot...

All the best....

potterbond007
Member of Standing

Post by potterbond007 » Fri Jan 22, 2010 4:44 pm

Vamiq.khan wrote:One and most secure way . Is to go back your home country and apply.

Or

Get a letter from uni which must state the date of forthcoming result and previous results which must be appear as passed. And once your result has been declared after your submission of application .Than simply post the exact and final result by stating case reference number along with cover letter. However this way be quiet risky which may be accept or reject your application and in result you could lose your £500 and precious time.

Regards
Vamiq
you could also try sending the university letter with a change of circumstances form like Vamiq said.. But call the home office and check if it is ok for you to send the letter and then send it.. worth a shot.. first things first would be to apply with a university document saying that the result would be announced soon or something..

potterbond007
Member of Standing

Re: Extending Student Visa

Post by potterbond007 » Fri Jan 22, 2010 4:48 pm

sanilsahadevan wrote:Hi ,

and i dont think that u would be allowed to extend your student visa since all the course work is done.. atleast they did not let me extend my student visa..

fshhddn

Post by fshhddn » Fri Jan 22, 2010 8:23 pm

Take up a new course in the same college. Apply for a student visa for that course. Wait for your result. then apply for the PSW within 12 months after you get your result. Tq.

sanilsahadevan
Newly Registered

Post by sanilsahadevan » Sat Jan 23, 2010 7:32 pm

Thanks a lot for the replies guys. :D Applying now and making an appeal after getting the results is a good option but carries risk as well. Anyways its her decision in the end.