ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visitor Visa 6 month rule?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

palaremzi

Visitor Visa 6 month rule?

Post by palaremzi » Sat Jan 23, 2010 12:02 am

My mom was going to visit us back in Nov. She got her tourist visa for 6 months, but things did not go as planned, she broke her leg, and only now it's healed. She's planning to come at the end of February, and her intention was to stay 3 months. the problem is her visa expires April 04, 2010.

My question is this: Is she allowed to stay 6 months after the days SHE ENTERS the country, or is she allowed to stay 6 months after the day visa was issued. If the former is correct, she can stay with us 3 months. Otherwise she has to leave after only 1 month.

I need to buy plane tickets according to this.

Any help appreciated.

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Re: Visitor Visa 6 month rule?

Post by aruni4470 » Sat Jan 23, 2010 12:09 am

palaremzi wrote:My mom was going to visit us back in Nov. She got her tourist visa for 6 months, but things did not go as planned, she broke her leg, and only now it's healed. She's planning to come at the end of February, and her intention was to stay 3 months. the problem is her visa expires April 04, 2010.

My question is this: Is she allowed to stay 6 months after the days SHE ENTERS the country, or is she allowed to stay 6 months after the day visa was issued. If the former is correct, she can stay with us 3 months. Otherwise she has to leave after only 1 month.

Any help appreciated.
what does the expiry date on the visa say?

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sat Jan 23, 2010 12:40 am

The visitor must return on/before the expiry date of the visa.

Please don't make multiple posts on the same topic.

regards

yasa
Diamond Member

Re: Visitor Visa 6 month rule?

Post by yasa » Sun Jan 24, 2010 1:23 am

palaremzi wrote:My mom was going to visit us back in Nov. She got her tourist visa for 6 months, but things did not go as planned, she broke her leg, and only now it's healed. She's planning to come at the end of February, and her intention was to stay 3 months. the problem is her visa expires April 04, 2010.

Any help appreciated.
she allowed to stay for 6 months after the visa was issued... she needs to go back when the leave about to expire...
=======================
Every cloud has silver lining
=======================