ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

CHANGING PSW TO TIER 2

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

magicalstar009
Newly Registered

CHANGING PSW TO TIER 2

Post by magicalstar009 » Sat Jan 23, 2010 12:19 am

HI can anyone please tell me that i want to change from psw to tier 2
I m working for a company but the pay is not enough, i m also self employed can i show my self emplyment earning with my company pay?

joh118

Re: CHANGING PSW TO TIER 2

Post by joh118 » Sat Jan 23, 2010 5:10 pm

magicalstar009 wrote:HI can anyone please tell me that i want to change from psw to tier 2
I m working for a company but the pay is not enough, i m also self employed can i show my self emplyment earning with my company pay?
well, tier 2 is for employment purposes only. not self employment.

i'm not sure

ash786
BANNED

Re: CHANGING PSW TO TIER 2

Post by ash786 » Sat Jan 23, 2010 11:22 pm

magicalstar009 wrote:HI can anyone please tell me that i want to change from psw to tier 2
1. No you can not as the future earnings get points from the employer u work for.

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Sun Jan 24, 2010 8:12 am

Tier2 EARNINGS POINTS can be claimed from only 1 Employer who issues you with CoS...

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sun Jan 24, 2010 11:19 pm

You might also be in breach of immigration laws by working as self-employed while on Tier 1 (PSW).

Tier 1 (PSW) policy guidance states:
Tier 1 PSW policy guidance wrote:Successful applicants will be free to seek employment without having a sponsor for the duration of their Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) leave.
On the other hand, Tier 1 (G) policy guidance clearly states:
Tier 1 G policy guidance wrote:Successful applicants will be free to seek employment without having a sponsor or to take up self-employment/business opportunities in the UK.
Have you checked with UKBA if you're allowed to be self-employed on Tier 1 (PSW)?? If not, suggest that you do.

regards