ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

TIMELINE AFTER NATURALISATION APPLICATION SUBMISSION

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

kindley

Re: TimeScale for Postal Applications (CitizenShip)

Post by kindley » Fri Jan 22, 2010 9:07 pm

madhavkb wrote:Hello All,

Can anybody advice me on how long it may take if you apply for Citizenship through Post (Not NCS).

i.e.

NCS or Postal : Postal
Date of submission or posting : 14-12-2009
CRITERIA - 1+3+3 (4+1 ILR)
Date of debit of debit/credit card : Debit Card 22-12-2009
Date of receipt of acknowledgement : 29-12-2009 (Dt 22-12-2009)
Date of receipt of approval : Pending
Your help is appreciated.

Cheers,
Madhav.
Hello Madhavkb,

Have you heard anything back from HO?

Congratulations to you Eagleeye09!

Thanks
Always Seek Further Opinion (ASFO)

Eskar

Hiya

Post by Eskar » Fri Jan 22, 2010 9:20 pm

hiya just wonder since when naturalisation waiting become so less . my dad has applied last jan and got ceremony @ june which is amost 5 month...but you guys are talking about 1/2 month sometime including getting passport.
morningstar wrote:Hi Guys,

Firstly, Happy New Year to all of you !!!

I have attended a ceremony today under the severe weather condition :roll: And then straightaway dispatched a passport application form via check & send svc.

I hope the passport will be with me by end of January, wish me luck !!!

I will keep you updated.

Applied via NCS
Date of submission or posting : 17/11/09 (16.30pm)
Date received @HO: 19/11/09
CRITERIA : 5 years work permit + 1 year ILR
Date of debit of debit/credit card : 25/11/09
Date of receipt of acknowledgement : 28/11/09
Date of receipt of approval : 14/12/09 (dated 09/12/09)
Date of citizenship Ceremony : 06/01/10
Date of passport application : 06/01/10
Method used : Check & Send

Date for passport Interview: Pending
Date of Receipt of Passport: Pending

asher1979
Newly Registered

Post by asher1979 » Fri Jan 22, 2010 10:20 pm

well done mate... I feel like I have hope for me as well ..
keshgrover wrote:Guys Good News!!!!!

With the kind grace of the Most High and love of Lord Jesus as from now on I am a BC.

I had a call from my local council yesterday and told that they have recieved my certificate from HO and asked when I am going tobe available for ceremony. So I done private one this morning and now I am a BC.

I would like to take this opportunity to give a big thank you to John, Vinny, Batley Khan, Sidster, Eagleeye, Ms kay, Brightest Star and all of you for being there for me and providing me A class guidence. John and Vinny : you guys have done really a good job. All the information and guidence you two provided was excellent and that is why I am what I am today.

I wish a very good luck to rest those are waiting for their decisions and I pray to the Most High to get them out of this period of stress and arrange things for them.

Brightest Star

Post by Brightest Star » Sat Jan 23, 2010 2:54 am

With the kind grace of the Most High and love of Lord Jesus as from now on I am a BC.

I had a call from my local council yesterday and told that they have recieved my certificate from HO and asked when I am going tobe available for ceremony. So I done private one this morning and now I am a BC.

I would like to take this opportunity to give a big thank you to John, Vinny, Batley Khan, Sidster, Eagleeye, Ms kay, Brightest Star and all of you for being there for me and providing me A class guidence. John and Vinny : you guys have done really a good job. All the information and guidence you two provided was excellent and that is why I am what I am today.

I wish a very good luck to rest those are waiting for their decisions and I pray to the Most High to get them out of this period of stress and arrange things for them.
Kesh.......many many congratulations...........Do keep on logging in the forum from time to time to offer your valuable advise to us...once again may congrats to you...

global gypsy
United Kingdom

Post by global gypsy » Sat Jan 23, 2010 7:20 am

My application timeline thus far:

NCS or Postal: NCS – Hounslow
Date of submission or posting: 16-01-2010
CRITERIA - 5 years - 4 years HSMP JR + 1 year ILR (1 Adult)
Date of debit of debit/credit card: Credit card 22-01-2010
Date of receipt of acknowledgement: Pending
Date of receipt of approval: Pending
Date of citizenship Ceremony: Pending
Date of passport application: Pending
Method used: Check and Send

Spartac

Post by Spartac » Sat Jan 23, 2010 9:32 am

[quote="global gypsy"]My application timeline thus far:

NCS or Postal: NCS – Hounslow
Date of submission or posting: 16-01-2010
CRITERIA - 5 years - 4 years HSMP JR + 1 year ILR (1 Adult)
Date of debit of debit/credit card: Credit card 22-01-2010
Date of Receipt of Passport: Pending[/quote]

Hi globalgypsy,

We have a very similar timelines and criteria, along with PCB, Cane and chaudhrie. I'm keeping a track of all open applications reported on this forum as well all the timelines reported for applications approved since August 2009. They had slowed down a bit for applications submitted just before Christmas i.e. MsKay and mohamedmourad, but now they seem to be picking up the pace again, atleast as far as charging for the application and sending an aknowledgement.

The average time for approving application from date of submission to date of approval, based on my sample of 36 selected from this forum, seems to be 36 days based on my working, the fastest being dealt with in 17 days and the slowest in 125 days.

Haven't heard from chaudhrei regarding date of charge and application.

Regards - Spartac

igsu
Newly Registered

Post by igsu » Sat Jan 23, 2010 9:34 am

NCS - 4/09/09
CRITERIA: 5WP + 1 yr ILR Joint Application
Date of debit of debit/credit card: 14/09/09
Date of receipt of acknowledgement: 18/09/09
Date of receipt of approval: pending
Date of Ceremony: pending
Date of appln. for passport: pending
Method used: n/a
Date of Receipt: pending

I called them a couple of times and I've been told that the case is with a case worker and that's it.
It is a straigthforward case and I think it's taking to long now...

Eskar

British Naturalisation

Post by Eskar » Sat Jan 23, 2010 10:23 am

well i just applied on 20th of Jan,10. i am quite confused because i heard its take about 3 and1/2 month in average but could be longer if further inquery necessary. even my dad had to wait 4 month. but here most of the people get their approval/ceremony even passport by 2 months. one more thing what is case worker. One last thing do they send the letter as normal post ot recorded delivery apart from the return delivery of orginal documents.

Here is mine

NCS or Postal: NCS – Lancashire
Date of submission or posting: 20 Jan 2010
CRITERIA - 5 years - 3 month dependent visa + 4 yr and 7 month ILR
Date of debit of debit/credit card: Transcash

global gypsy
United Kingdom

Post by global gypsy » Sat Jan 23, 2010 10:36 am

Spartac - looks like I am just about a week behind you in terms of timelines...

Btw, thanks for the tips related to NCS interview. That was quite helpful.

global gypsy
United Kingdom

Post by global gypsy » Sat Jan 23, 2010 10:50 am

Btw, I noticed the following in people's timelines:
>Date of passport application : Pending
>Method used : Check and Send

What does 'Check and Send' refer to?

Eskar

Post by Eskar » Sat Jan 23, 2010 10:57 am

it is way of applying passport where you go to the post office with your application form and document and they check your document and send the form and docs to the authority, more like NCS but it cost you like tenna
global gypsy wrote:Btw, I noticed the following in people's timelines:
>Date of passport application : Pending
>Method used : Check and Send

What does 'Check and Send' refer to?
Last edited by Eskar on Wed Jan 27, 2010 1:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MsKay

Any News

Post by MsKay » Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:09 pm

Hi Mohamedmourad

Any news from the HO yet? I am hoping this week brings good news for all of us.
mohamedmourad wrote:keshgrover thank you and good luck for you and evrybody weating i hope that good news coming soon for all

global gypsy
United Kingdom

Post by global gypsy » Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:21 pm

Is there a way to download the passport application form?
The passport site doesn't seem to include this option.

Eskar

Post by Eskar » Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:34 pm

as far i know u cant but offcourse u can fill the form online and then print off which almost same as like download besides its better becasue you can correct it easliy for by chance mistake

global gypsy wrote:Is there a way to download the passport application form?
The passport site doesn't seem to include this option.

keshgrover
Member of Standing

Post by keshgrover » Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:56 pm

eagleeye09 wrote:-> KESH

OH boy... I dint even pray for me this much like i did for you.... Well after such a long wait and intense moments you most truely deserved it and you got it. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
I am happy and excited for you..

Well guys with this the last update from me... And that is today i received my Brit. Passport which completes my journey too. :D :D :D :D

Thus taking this opportunity i will wish everyone the best of luck with their applications. It was so nice to have you all...

John... the seed you planted has turned into a massive tree and that too with lots of fruit and you can see many like me and others have benefitted from this a lot... May Almighty bless you for this good work.

Regards,

Eagleeye09.
Eagleeye, Mohammadmurad, Mskay, Asher, Brighteststar and fellow members many thanks for support and wishes. I will be regular on board and keep you guys updated with the rest and will be more than happy to help others with my own personal experience.

Those who have been told that 'Decision has been made but letters not printed' by HO hang on there as I was told the same and had my approval in one week.

Just to let you guys know that HO did ring one of my reffree's and confirmed the details they had on the form and asked up to what strength he is known to me.

I have also recieved the approval letter from HO after my ceremony. (bit late)lol
Good luck guys.
KESH

Eskar

Post by Eskar » Sat Jan 23, 2010 2:17 pm

Congrats i was reading the post of the forum lately ..saw everyone was really worried about u. How long did it take altogether.

one more thing does HO send the acknoledgement letter and other by normal delivery because i live university campus we share a letter box. so any letter goes to the box unless its recorded.

Still quite confused about the time line becasue i was told that it take 3 and 1/2 month even more if anything further enquire required but here its bit quick. even my dad wait for 4 month i suoopse. is it something realted with recent business with HO like if you have ILR in one year it would be more quick as they have already went through your informaation reccently. because i had my ilr almost 5 yrs ago after three month after my 1st UK entry.
keshgrover wrote:
eagleeye09 wrote:-> KESH

OH boy... I dint even pray for me this much like i did for you.... Well after such a long wait and intense moments you most truely deserved it and you got it. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
I am happy and excited for you..

Well guys with this the last update from me... And that is today i received my Brit. Passport which completes my journey too. :D :D :D :D

Thus taking this opportunity i will wish everyone the best of luck with their applications. It was so nice to have you all...

John... the seed you planted has turned into a massive tree and that too with lots of fruit and you can see many like me and others have benefitted from this a lot... May Almighty bless you for this good work.

Regards,

Eagleeye09.
Eagleeye, Mohammadmurad, Mskay, Asher, Brighteststar and fellow members many thanks for support and wishes. I will be regular on board and keep you guys updated with the rest and will be more than happy to help others with my own personal experience.

Those who have been told that 'Decision has been made but letters not printed' by HO hang on there as I was told the same and had my approval in one week.

Just to let you guys know that HO did ring one of my reffree's and confirmed the details they had on the form and asked up to what strength he is known to me.

I have also recieved the approval letter from HO after my ceremony. (bit late)lol
Good luck guys.

MsKay

Post by MsKay » Sat Jan 23, 2010 3:01 pm

keshgrover wrote: Just to let you guys know that HO did ring one of my reffree's and confirmed the details they had on the form and asked up to what strength he is known to me.
Hi Kesh

When did the HO contact your referee, was it December or Jan? I called them on Wednesday and the genteman said my case is with a case worker so I am hopeful.

mohamedmourad

no

Post by mohamedmourad » Sat Jan 23, 2010 3:40 pm

hi masky im still weating and no news yet hope good news come next week for evrybody

mohamedmourad

Congratulations

Post by mohamedmourad » Sat Jan 23, 2010 3:48 pm

Congratulations to you keshgrover and good luck for all

keshgrover
Member of Standing

Post by keshgrover » Sat Jan 23, 2010 3:48 pm

Eskar>

Thanks mate. Well in terms of recieving communicaiton from HO they send your originals back with special delivery. You get your approval with a standard second class post. And then council sends you an invitaiton letter with first class post.

Well with my case it took me under two months to get approved including Christmas holidays. I also had problem with my bank to pay HO their fee and this added one week extra into process. Also my application was under EU route as I had PR prior to my application which was less then 7 months old. But hey I got it atlast.

I must commit that HO have acted very promptly and nicely with my application considering the problems I had.

Mskay >

HO did call my refferee on the day they made decision.

Hope it helps.
KESH

Eskar

Post by Eskar » Sat Jan 23, 2010 4:01 pm

thank you kesh reply . u said u had PR 7 months ago i thought it must be 12 month. good luck to all.

keshgrover wrote:Eskar>

Thanks mate. Well in terms of recieving communicaiton from HO they send your originals back with special delivery. You get your approval with a standard second class post. And then council sends you an invitaiton letter with first class post.

Well with my case it took me under two months to get approved including Christmas holidays. I also had problem with my bank to pay HO their fee and this added one week extra into process. Also my application was under EU route as I had PR prior to my application which was less then 7 months old. But hey I got it atlast.

I must commit that HO have acted very promptly and nicely with my application considering the problems I had.

Mskay >

HO did call my refferee on the day they made decision.

Hope it helps.

keshgrover
Member of Standing

Post by keshgrover » Sat Jan 23, 2010 4:11 pm

Eskar>

I also said it was through EU route. Where people obtain their PR automatically after five years of treaty stay and they dont have to apply for it. As it merely confirms the rights you have alredy.

So technically I did have PR for morethan 1 year but sticker was placed only 7 months ago.

Murad>

Thanks for your wishes and very good luck with your application. I hope you will get your answer very soon.
KESH

Eskar

Post by Eskar » Sat Jan 23, 2010 4:19 pm

sorry about misunderstanding because EU people do not need a PR stump as you said its autometically count once u stay for 5 years so i thought that what u mean but here you actually also did put stump on ur passport 7 months ago eventhough it wasnt necessary i suppose
keshgrover wrote:Eskar>

I also said it was through EU route. Where people obtain their PR automatically after five years of treaty stay and they dont have to apply for it. As it merely confirms the rights you have alredy.

So technically I did have PR for morethan 1 year but sticker was placed only 7 months ago.

Murad>

Thanks for your wishes and very good luck with your application. I hope you will get your answer very soon.

keshgrover
Member of Standing

Post by keshgrover » Sat Jan 23, 2010 4:23 pm

it wasnt necessary i suppose. - Absolutely right.
KESH

yarons

Post by yarons » Sat Jan 23, 2010 5:40 pm

Kesh! CONGRATS!!!

Your news have made my day!!!!

Enjoy the high :D