ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Few Queries about Tier 1 extension (Switching from HSMP)

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

saj19

Few Queries about Tier 1 extension (Switching from HSMP)

Post by saj19 » Thu Jan 21, 2010 3:26 pm

Hi,

I need to have some info about applying for Tier 1 extension (Switching from HSMP) from within UK. My current HSMP runs out in March 2010. I am applying for myself as main applicant and my wife and 2 year old son as dependents.

1. Do I need to include fees (£50) for my son?

2. Does the total fees (820 GBP for me + 50 for each dependent) can be paid through 1 cheque or do I need to have seperate cheques for each of us?

3. Do I need to have 'identity card for foreign nationals' before applying? Section c9 of the form?

Would highly appreciate any suggestions.

Sajal

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Re: Few Queries about Tier 1 extension (Switching from HSMP)

Post by tvn_ramesh » Thu Jan 21, 2010 3:57 pm

saj19 wrote:Hi,

I need to have some info about applying for Tier 1 extension (Switching from HSMP) from within UK. My current HSMP runs out in March 2010. I am applying for myself as main applicant and my wife and 2 year old son as dependents.

1. Do I need to include fees (£50) for my son?

-- While the Main applicant and dependents are applying together.. Main applicant (by post) shd pay 820£ and each dependent shd pay 50£

2. Does the total fees (820 GBP for me + 50 for each dependent) can be paid through 1 cheque or do I need to have seperate cheques for each of us?

-Yes you can pay all together 820 + 2 x 50=920 by 1 cheque

3. Do I need to have 'identity card for foreign nationals' before applying? Section c9 of the form?

- Leave it blank

Would highly appreciate any suggestions.

Sajal

saj19

Post by saj19 » Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:08 pm

Many thanks Ramesh.

Only doubt is that I read in documentation provided with form that

"Any dependant applications that are submitted at the same time as the main applicant’s form will incur a fee of £50 per dependant unless it is for a child aged 18 years or over"

Doesnt it mean that if the child is less than 18, there is no fee?

Regards,
Sajal

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:09 pm

saj19 wrote:Any dependant applications that are submitted at the same time as the main applicant’s form will incur a fee of £50 per dependant unless it is for a child aged 18 years or over"
Doesnt it mean that if the child is less than 18, there is no fee?
It means a separate application and another 820 quids for a dependent over 18 years of age.

regards

iceCold

Post by iceCold » Sat Jan 23, 2010 4:58 pm

Hi saj,
Can you please post the list of documents required for the Tier-1 extension? It would very helpful.

Thanks,
iceCold.