ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

finally got Tier 1(G)

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

jhallo_mia
Newly Registered

finally got Tier 1(G)

Post by jhallo_mia » Sat Jan 23, 2010 6:41 pm

I applied for Tier1 (General) visa on 14th Jan through Mumbai north VAC and got my passport back with the visa vignette stamped in it on 21st Jan along with all the supporting documents.

Thanks to all the member of this forum. This forum has helped me immense filing the application.

Going through some of the posts here, some question have occured to me.

1. I am under the impression that, along with the visa vignette, the successful applicants will also get a Visa approval letter. Please correct me if I am wrong.I don't know if it is the case for applicants who are applying from within UK only. Please throw some light on this.

2. The visa vignette is titled 'UK entry clearance'. My question is, what is 'leave to remain' ?Is that something different from 'UK entry clearance'?
Is it a separate stamping?Is there any specific formality I have to perform upon arrival in the UK to get that?

Please help me understand the rules (visa related) to be followed after entering the UK.

Again my sincere thanks to the senior members.

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Re: finally got Tier 1(G)

Post by aruni4470 » Sat Jan 23, 2010 7:00 pm

jhallo_mia wrote:I applied for Tier1 (General) visa on 14th Jan through Mumbai north VAC and got my passport back with the visa vignette stamped in it on 21st Jan along with all the supporting documents.

Thanks to all the member of this forum. This forum has helped me immense filing the application.

1. I am under the impression that, along with the visa vignette, the successful applicants will also get a Visa approval letter. Please correct me if I am wrong.I don't know if it is the case for applicants who are applying from within UK only. Please throw some light on this.
Not sure about this
2. The visa vignette is titled 'UK entry clearance'. My question is, what is 'leave to remain' ?Is that something different from 'UK entry clearance'?
Is it a separate stamping?Is there any specific formality I have to perform upon arrival in the UK to get that? Entry clearance is the initial visa you get to enter UK and Leave to remain is what you you get when you extend your existing visa.

Please help me understand the rules (visa related) to be followed after entering the UK.

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Re: finally got Tier 1(G)

Post by tvn_ramesh » Sat Jan 23, 2010 8:23 pm

jhallo_mia wrote:I applied for Tier1 (General) visa on 14th Jan through Mumbai north VAC and got my passport back with the visa vignette stamped in it on 21st Jan along with all the supporting documents.

Is it a separate stamping?Is there any specific formality I have to perform upon arrival in the UK to get that?