ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

TIMELINE AFTER NATURALISATION APPLICATION SUBMISSION

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

keshgrover
Member of Standing

Post by keshgrover » Sat Jan 23, 2010 8:10 pm

yarons wrote:
keshgrover wrote:Guys Good News!!!!!

With the kind grace of the Most High and love of Lord Jesus as from now on I am a BC.

I had a call from my local council yesterday and told that they have recieved my certificate from HO and asked when I am going tobe available for ceremony. So I done private one this morning and now I am a BC.

I would like to take this opportunity to give a big thank you to John, Vinny, Batley Khan, Sidster, Eagleeye, Ms kay, Brightest Star and all of you for being there for me and providing me A class guidence. John and Vinny : you guys have done really a good job. All the information and guidence you two provided was excellent and that is why I am what I am today.

I wish a very good luck to rest those are waiting for their decisions and I pray to the Most High to get them out of this period of stress and arrange things for them.
Kesh! CONGRATS!!!

Your news have made my day!!!!

Enjoy the high :D
Many thanks Yarons. Be blessed.
KESH

chaudhrei
Newly Registered

Post by chaudhrei » Sat Jan 23, 2010 10:17 pm

Further Update:

Date of Application: 05/01/2010
NCS Conwy
Date of Credit Card Transaction: 15/01/10
Acknowledgement letter Date: 15/01/10

Rest is still pending.

citizen1000

help with AN application

Post by citizen1000 » Sun Jan 24, 2010 6:43 pm

Dear All
Can you please help me with this post

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=50713

I know this place is only for time line but because you all have applied for naturalisation i thought you will be the best people to help me with this.

Thanks
Citizen1000

madhavkb
Newly Registered

Re: TimeScale for Postal Applications (CitizenShip)

Post by madhavkb » Sun Jan 24, 2010 9:33 pm

Not Yet, Kindley....[

quote="kindley"]
madhavkb wrote:Hello All,

Can anybody advice me on how long it may take if you apply for Citizenship through Post (Not NCS).

i.e.

NCS or Postal : Postal
Date of submission or posting : 14-12-2009
CRITERIA - 1+3+3 (4+1 ILR)
Date of debit of debit/credit card : Debit Card 22-12-2009
Date of receipt of acknowledgement : 29-12-2009 (Dt 22-12-2009)
Date of receipt of approval : Pending
Your help is appreciated.

Cheers,
Madhav.
Hello Madhavkb,

Have you heard anything back from HO?

Congratulations to you Eagleeye09!

Thanks[/quote]

kindley

Re: TimeScale for Postal Applications (CitizenShip)

Post by kindley » Sun Jan 24, 2010 9:52 pm

Madhavkb,

Hope u get good news soon.

Good luck!
madhavkb wrote:Not Yet, Kindley....[

quote="kindley"]
madhavkb wrote:Hello All,

Can anybody advice me on how long it may take if you apply for Citizenship through Post (Not NCS).

i.e.

NCS or Postal : Postal
Date of submission or posting : 14-12-2009
CRITERIA - 1+3+3 (4+1 ILR)
Date of debit of debit/credit card : Debit Card 22-12-2009
Date of receipt of acknowledgement : 29-12-2009 (Dt 22-12-2009)
Your help is appreciated.

Cheers,
Madhav.
Hello Madhavkb,

Have you heard anything back from HO?

Congratulations to you Eagleeye09!

Thanks
[/quote]
Always Seek Further Opinion (ASFO)

PCB
Newly Registered

Home office contact number

Post by PCB » Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:03 pm

Hi,

I tried so many times using 0845 010 5200 to contact home office regarding my application progress update.

Unfortunately not got the chance to connect.. Is there any other number to check the progress.

Any input on this much appreciated.

PCB

asher1979
Newly Registered

Re: TIMELINE AFTER APPLICATION SUBMISSION HERE, PLEASE?

Post by asher1979 » Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:24 pm

Hi Guys,

I got my PR card in December as durable relationship for last 8 years , but I acquired permanent resident card only in December 09 my partner and I got separated I informed the HO office on that, they told me that I would lose my permanent residence card now as we are no longer together... they said that I am would not retain the PR card as I am no longer family member of EEA national can they revoke a permanent residence card once its been issued.

yorkking wrote:I would suggest that we open up a new thread to track progress of applications submitted and the progress as it happens.
It may help people who are in the process of applying to get a perspective!!
People who have submitted after 01.08.2005 and are awaiting processing or have achieved success may post their stories here.
Details such as the following could be provided:
NCS or Postal
If NCS, which centre
Date of submission or posting
CRITERIA - 5 yr stay (4 + 1 yr ILR)
Date of debit of debit/credit card
Date of receipt of acknowledgement
Date of receipt of approval
Date of Ceremony
Date of appln. for passport
Method used
Date of Receipt

ANY HELP IN PROVIDING THE INFO. WOULD BENEFIT THE GROUP!!!!

raghu2627
Newly Registered

Post by raghu2627 » Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:35 pm

My application time line so far:

NCS or Postal: NCS – Hounslow
Date of submission or posting: 11-01-2010
CRITERIA - 5 years - 4 years HSMP JR + 1 year ILR (1 Adult)
Date of debit of debit/credit card: Credit card 16-01-2010
Date of receipt of acknowledgement: 20-01-2010
Date of receipt of approval: Pending
Date of citizenship Ceremony: Pending
Date of passport application: Pending
Method used: Check and Send
Date for passport Interview: Pending
Date of Receipt of Passport: Pending

MsKay

Re: Home office contact number

Post by MsKay » Mon Jan 25, 2010 2:45 pm

Hi PCB

I called the HO this morning and the gentleman that i spoke to was very unhelpful, I called on the number you quoted and asked if a decison has been made on my application, apparently it was given to a case worker on the 18th Jan. He said that all he can is that my case is undecided, I then asked about the case worker and he said he is not at liberty to provide any other information.

Just keep trying it can be a pain to get through to someone.

PCB wrote:Hi,

I tried so many times using 0845 010 5200 to contact home office regarding my application progress update.

PCB

global gypsy
United Kingdom

Post by global gypsy » Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:28 pm

What's the above post doing in this thread?
An obvious spam.

Admins - please remove.

mohamedmourad

??????????????

Post by mohamedmourad » Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:35 pm

what this story for and how it help people they weating for citizenship application i think you are in wrong place frank e thanks

keshgrover
Member of Standing

Post by keshgrover » Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:59 am

Asher>

I am sorry to hear about what have you been told by HO. However, I would still like to know wheather you was issued with Residence card or Permanent Residence card. Either way as long as you stayed with your partner for three years out of which one year was in this country you will be fine. There was no need to ring HO at first place but if you have done so, still you are going to be alright.

For further assistance you can ask Obie. He has very good knowledge about EU directive. But as long as my understanding about the directive you are absolutely safe.

PCB>

Ring on 01516725626 and then option 3, 1 and 2.

Mskay, Maurad, Madhav any news guys? Mskay hang on there mate I can smell the success. Wait for another couple of days and you will have you approval letter in your hand. In the mean time try to contact your local council. As in my case my council was informed first and they had my certificate with them before I got my approval letter.

Regards
KESH

Eskar

Re: Application Timeline - Update

Post by Eskar » Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:40 am

i have applied on 20th Jan , after 8 days of yours. Still waiting for acknoledgement letter, well it just 6 days past. i will keep update. but you applied three seprate application. are they process it together and give approval in same date ?
Spartac wrote:NCS or Postal : NCS – Hatfield
Date of submission or posting : 12-01-2010
CRITERIA - 5 years due to HSMP JR (2 Adults + 1 Child)
Date of debit of debit/credit card : Debit Card 18-01-2010
Date of receipt of acknowledgement : 21-01-2010 (Dated 18-01-2010)
Date of citizenship Ceremony : Pending
council had offered me the
Date of passport application : Pending
Method used : Check and Send

Not many new timelines being posted or updated on this thread anymore. I'd be grateful to know about applications made in January 2010.

Regards - Spartac

Spartac

Post by Spartac » Tue Jan 26, 2010 12:25 pm

[quote="Eskar"]i have applied on 20th Jan , after 8 days of yours. Still waiting for acknoledgement letter, well it just 6 days past. i will keep update. but you applied three seprate application. are they process it together and give approval in same date ?

[quote="Spartac"]NCS or Postal : NCS – Hatfield

Not many new timelines being posted or updated on this thread anymore. I'd be grateful to know about applications made in January 2010.

Regards - Spartac[/quote][/quote]

Hi Eskar,

Have they charged your debit card / account yet? They normally issue the acknowledgement letter the same day they charge the account, then its upto how efficient Royal Mail are in delivering it.

I paid for all my applications together, but not sure how they will process it. Generally MN1s on their own seem to get dealt with faster, so maybe I'll get approval for my son before we get ours.

Regards - Spartac

Eskar

Post by Eskar » Tue Jan 26, 2010 2:19 pm

Hi Spartec

i paid by transcash. i also heard that minor applicant get quick go. however mine and your case is different. i actually came with my mum with work permit dependent visa [my dad]. me, my mum and dad got ILR after three month of my arrival in 2005. My dad recently [last june ] become British it took him about almost 4 month inc ceremony. but i couldnt apply with him becuase i am no longer under 18 [21] . so i guess it would take same time like as my dad.

but here most of the people got their approval within 8 weeks. i presume it because of most of the people High Skilled Immigrant. so it may take you less time then mine.

Good Luck

Spartac wrote:
Eskar wrote:i have applied on 20th Jan , after 8 days of yours. Still waiting for acknoledgement letter, well it just 6 days past. i will keep update. but you applied three seprate application. are they process it together and give approval in same date ?
Spartac wrote:NCS or Postal : NCS – Hatfield

Regards - Spartac
Hi Eskar,

Have they charged your debit card / account yet? They normally issue the acknowledgement letter the same day they charge the account, then its upto how efficient Royal Mail are in delivering it.

I paid for all my applications together, but not sure how they will process it. Generally MN1s on their own seem to get dealt with faster, so maybe I'll get approval for my son before we get ours.

Regards - Spartac

asher1979
Newly Registered

Post by asher1979 » Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:51 pm

I got permanant residence card, I have been with my parther for over 8 years.. personally.. I dont think they know what they are doing... but fxxx them..
keshgrover wrote:Asher>

I am sorry to hear about what have you been told by HO. However, I would still like to know wheather you was issued with Residence card or Permanent Residence card. Either way as long as you stayed with your partner for three years out of which one year was in this country you will be fine. There was no need to ring HO at first place but if you have done so, still you are going to be alright.

For further assistance you can ask Obie. He has very good knowledge about EU directive. But as long as my understanding about the directive you are absolutely safe.

PCB>

Mskay, Maurad, Madhav any news guys? Mskay hang on there mate I can smell the success. Wait for another couple of days and you will have you approval letter in your hand. In the mean time try to contact your local council. As in my case my council was informed first and they had my certificate with them before I got my approval letter.

Regards

asher1979
Newly Registered

Post by asher1979 » Tue Jan 26, 2010 4:01 pm

I called citizenship helpline as I have to report any change of circumstances whilst considering my application. They asked me to complete another EEA4 form in order to retain my permanent residence status. They are clearly confused with the difference between a residence card and a permanent residence card. I called the HO on numerous occasions both the agents and the manager gave me incorrect information and told me that I have to apply for EEA4 again even though I have pointed out that I do not have to and to referred to regulation 2006 pg 2 and current citizenship guidelines on pg 5 under European Economic Area.

I also pointed out regulations 2006 I do not have to apply for another PR card after separation with my partner, the only reason that I would lose is that if I left the country for 2 years or more. I did stress on numerous occasions that I have already obtained a permanent residence card by applying for it last year in March 2009 and I am free from any immigration restrictions in the United Kingdom which is clearly stamped in my passport. but no one cares.. they said sice its durable relationship... it does not count for anything

PCB>

Regards
[/quote]

keshgrover
Member of Standing

Post by keshgrover » Tue Jan 26, 2010 4:31 pm

asher1979 wrote:I called citizenship helpline as I have to report any change of circumstances whilst considering my application. They asked me to complete another EEA4 form in order to retain my permanent residence status. They are clearly confused with the difference between a residence card and a permanent residence card. I called the HO on numerous occasions both the agents and the manager gave me incorrect information and told me that I have to apply for EEA4 again even though I have pointed out that I do not have to and to referred to regulation 2006 pg 2 and current citizenship guidelines on pg 5 under European Economic Area.

I also pointed out regulations 2006 I do not have to apply for another PR card after separation with my partner, the only reason that I would lose is that if I left the country for 2 years or more. I did stress on numerous occasions that I have already obtained a permanent residence card by applying for it last year in March 2009 and I am free from any immigration restrictions in the United Kingdom which is clearly stamped in my passport. but no one cares.. they said sice its durable relationship... it does not count for anything

PCB>

Regards
[/quote]

Asher,

Sorry for being pain. But could you kindly give the full details of your case again. I got a bit confused myself. Please drop me PM if neccessary.
KESH

MsKay

Post by MsKay » Tue Jan 26, 2010 7:07 pm

I called again today the lady i spoke to said a decision was made on the 20th Jan and letter sent 22nd so I am hoping for good news.

Kesh

I called yesterday the registrar didnt even check, she said that they recieve certificates once per week usually nearing the weekend and they send the letter straight away, but will try tomorrow or thursday... I am really nervous but hoping for the best.
keshgrover wrote:

Regards

global gypsy
United Kingdom

Post by global gypsy » Tue Jan 26, 2010 8:48 pm

Eskar wrote:it is way of applying passport where you go to the post office with your application form and document and they check your document and give back to you and send the form to the authority, more like NCS but it cost you like tenna
What does 'Check and Send' refer to?
Does this mean that the post office would check the foreign passport and naturalisation certificate we provide them (these are the essential documents required), and return these documents to us before sending out the passport application form?

Eskar

Post by Eskar » Tue Jan 26, 2010 9:12 pm

Sorry they wont give your original documents back but they will check it and send it by special delivery and you will get your documents back later on
global gypsy wrote:
Eskar wrote:it is way of applying passport where you go to the post office with your application form and document and they check your document and give back to you and send the form to the authority, more like NCS but it cost you like tenna
What does 'Check and Send' refer to?
Does this mean that the post office would check the foreign passport and naturalisation certificate we provide them (these are the essential documents required), and return these documents to us before sending out the passport application form?
Last edited by Eskar on Wed Jan 27, 2010 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Eskar

Post by Eskar » Tue Jan 26, 2010 9:15 pm

MsKay. good luck to your final count down. your precious moment are now just waiting to ring your doorbell. but i just dnt their service you calld yesterda and some1 confimed that it is still pending no decision has been made so far. and you calld 2da ..now they informed it has been decided on 20 Jan. i suppose you will get post by 2morrow after all 2nd class mail cant expect quicker. by the way how long did it take.
MsKay wrote:I called again today the lady i spoke to said a decision was made on the 20th Jan and letter sent 22nd so I am hoping for good news.

Kesh

I called yesterday the registrar didnt even check, she said that they recieve certificates once per week usually nearing the weekend and they send the letter straight away, but will try tomorrow or thursday... I am really nervous but hoping for the best.
keshgrover wrote:

Regards

MsKay

Post by MsKay » Tue Jan 26, 2010 9:32 pm

Hi Eskar

HO recieved my documents on the 22nd December, Money deucted 8th Jan. I called the HO last wednesday and the guy said it was handed to case worker on 18th Jan so i guess they made a decision 2 days later. I really hope that i am approved as it has been a very stressful wait.

Will keep you posted
Eskar wrote:MsKay. good luck to your final count down. your precious moment are now just waiting to ring your doorbell. but i just dnt their service you calld yesterda and some1 confimed that it is still pending no decision has been made so far. and you calld 2da ..now they informed it has been decided on 20 Jan. i suppose you will get post by 2morrow after all 2nd class mail cant expect quicker. by the way how long did it take.
[/quote][/quote]

kindley

Post by kindley » Tue Jan 26, 2010 9:47 pm

Hello Mskay,

Hopefully u get a good news soon, perhaps tomorrow!

You said HO received your docs on 22nd of Dec. but your application was handed to a caseworker on 18th of Jan. Considering the fact that most postal applications on here are decided after 2 months of postage to the HO, is it the regular practice of the HO to hand postal applications to a caseworker after a month or thereabout after it was posted or received by them?
MsKay wrote:Hi Eskar

HO recieved my documents on the 22nd December, Money deucted 8th Jan. I called the HO last wednesday and the guy said it was handed to case worker on 18th Jan so i guess they made a decision 2 days later. I really hope that i am approved as it has been a very stressful wait.

Will keep you posted
Eskar wrote:MsKay. good luck to your final count down. your precious moment are now just waiting to ring your doorbell. but i just dnt their service you calld yesterda and some1 confimed that it is still pending no decision has been made so far. and you calld 2da ..now they informed it has been decided on 20 Jan. i suppose you will get post by 2morrow after all 2nd class mail cant expect quicker. by the way how long did it take.
[/quote][/quote]
Always Seek Further Opinion (ASFO)

MsKay

Post by MsKay » Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:18 pm

Hi Kindley
kindley wrote:Hello Mskay,

Considering the fact that most postal applications on here are decided after 2 months of postage to the HO, is it the regular practice of the HO to hand postal applications to a caseworker after a month or thereabout after it was posted or received by them?
I submitted my application through NCS, the Ho processing times do vary have a look through the older posts. Average wait is around 6-8 weeks at the moment. In my case and I maybe wrong I think after payment cleared the bakground checks were made and once information was recieved my application was passed to a case worker who reviewed the findings and made a decision.

A friend of mine recieved her family application back within three weeks so it's any body's guess as to how they handle cases.

Good Luck