ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FORM AN , I NEED HELP WITH SOME QUESTIONS PLEASE

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

citizen1000

FORM AN , I NEED HELP WITH SOME QUESTIONS PLEASE

Post by citizen1000 » Sat Jan 23, 2010 10:56 am

I will applying for British naturalisation in next few weeks , but i am not sure about few things.
Can some one with Experinece hel me with this.

A) question No 1.3 Date of ILR: I was affected by the Judecial review , my ILR was issued in july 2009 but was deemed to be back dated from january 2009. so which date i should put in 1.3?

B) on the form title is question 1.4 surname is 1.5 & other name is 1.6 but in Guidance they say to put name in 1.4 & 1.5 . Is this clereical mistake in guidance?

C) question 1.22 : i did not did Life in UK for ILR but have done now. there is place to tick that i passed the test to qualify for ILR but i suppose i should not tick that as i paased it after getting ILR. Which place should i tick?

D) Question 2.1 . Date & travel of First Arrival in UK.
This is confusing , its asking about date & airport etc. I entered first UK in 2003 on a vist visa for PLAB , in december 2003 it was switched to Permit free training, & in Janaury 2005 i got work permit. My 5 years qualifying period start from january 2005. At that time i did not land on an airport but was already in UK. the first few months in UK ( visit & permit free training does not count to Residential requirement.
So what date & place shouldd i put? 2003 Heathtow or 2005 yorkshire?

E) Question 3.2
I was full time emloyeed until september 2009 , & have all the P60 etc for last 5 years ( although different employers but without Gap.)
in september 2009 i decided to become part time emloyed & part time self emplyed by doing locum work. so i am getting salary from my part time job &| getting Gross income for the self employed locum work.
As before september 2009 i was salaraied so i did not need to complete tax returns but will need to that from next year for year ending 2010 ( because i am now self employed + salaried)
Now what should i tick in this question , employee? or self emploed or should i tick both.
If i tick both then i will have to give evidence of self assessment statement of account but i have not filled one yet as i did not need it & i will be doing it from next year.
This is very confusing?

F) i dont have tax office reference but hace received letter from HM revenue for direct debet of national insurance. , what reference should i put in qustion 3.5.

G) Documents needed: Evidence of lawful residence is just passport sufficient or do i have to get letter from employer ( as have worked for different employers. I havent travelled out of UK that often any way .

Many Thanks for your help. I understand its a long post but will help solve my problem.
Can moderators or those who have already applied help me with this.

Thanks
Citizen1000

global gypsy
United Kingdom

Re: FORM AN , I NEED HELP WITH SOME QUESTIONS PLEASE

Post by global gypsy » Sat Jan 23, 2010 10:54 pm

A) question No 1.3 Date of ILR: I was affected by the Judecial review , my ILR was issued in july 2009 but was deemed to be back dated from january 2009. so which date i should put in 1.3?
January 2009 (the exact date, not just the month/year!)

B) on the form title is question 1.4 surname is 1.5 & other name is 1.6 but in Guidance they say to put name in 1.4 & 1.5 . Is this clereical mistake in guidance?
I assume you are referring to 1.5 and 1.6 - not 1.4 and 1.5! (1.4 refers to title, e.g. Mr/Ms etc)
Your last/family name goes in 1.5
Your first name goes in 1.6

C) question 1.22 : i did not did Life in UK for ILR but have done now. there is place to tick that i passed the test to qualify for ILR but i suppose i should not tick that as i paased it after getting ILR. Which place should i tick?
There is no box to tick for this option, you merely enter the test number in the space provided - next to the statement "I have passed the Life in the UK test and attach confirmation."

D) Question 2.1 . Date & travel of First Arrival in UK.
This is confusing , its asking about date & airport etc. I entered first UK in 2003 on a vist visa for PLAB , in december 2003 it was switched to Permit free training, & in Janaury 2005 i got work permit. My 5 years qualifying period start from january 2005. At that time i did not land on an airport but was already in UK. the first few months in UK ( visit & permit free training does not count to Residential requirement.
So what date & place shouldd i put? 2003 Heathtow or 2005 yorkshire?
Not sure about this one! Possibly 2003 London Heathrow. (Again, you would need to use the exact date for this!)

E) Question 3.2
I was full time emloyeed until september 2009 , & have all the P60 etc for last 5 years ( although different employers but without Gap.)
in september 2009 i decided to become part time emloyed & part time self emplyed by doing locum work. so i am getting salary from my part time job &| getting Gross income for the self employed locum work.
As before september 2009 i was salaraied so i did not need to complete tax returns but will need to that from next year for year ending 2010 ( because i am now self employed + salaried)
Now what should i tick in this question , employee? or self emploed or should i tick both.
If i tick both then i will have to give evidence of self assessment statement of account but i have not filled one yet as i did not need it & i will be doing it from next year.
This is very confusing?
Don't have the answer to this one! But if I were to hazard a guess, I would suggest using the Employee option, because the P60s you will be using for your ILR application are based on this.

F) i dont have tax office reference but hace received letter from HM revenue for direct debet of national insurance. , what reference should i put in qustion 3.5.
This one vexed me too. Based on advice I received here, I used the tax office reference from my most recent P60.

G) Documents needed: Evidence of lawful residence is just passport sufficient or do i have to get letter from employer ( as have worked for different employers. I havent travelled out of UK that often any way .
Passport should be sufficient.

Finally, if you are planning a PEO visit for your ILR application, I would suggest leaving the couple of unsure entries blank and getting the caseworker's advice before filling them in.
All the best.