ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

a little info about PRTB

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

pocketAces

a little info about PRTB

Post by pocketAces » Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:56 pm

hi everyone,

i submit my EU1 application in Nov and i noticed that on the support documents section, DOJ requested a PRTB reg letter.

i dont have that at that time cos my landlord didnt reg us with PRTB.
so i submit all the 2 utlity bill(tv and electricity) under my name, bank statments in both my and my wife's name, renting contract and enclosed a letter saying that i dont have a PRTB reg letter but i provided utlity bill,bank statement and renting contract in both names

i received a letter 4 days after, DOJ stated very clear in the letter, without PRTB reg letter, my application will NOT be processed further.

then i contacted my landlord and he kindly submit the application to PRTB to register me and my wife.

after a few weeks i still havent received the reg letter from PRTB so i rang them and they explained on the phone, there is a huge backlog and it could take up to 13 weeks for me to receive the reg letter from PRTB....

i have just received reg letter from PRTB and sent it with reg post to DOJ....

so my advise is if you are not register with PRTB, get your landlord to reg you asap

i hope this info can help

dublin3
- thin ice -

Post by dublin3 » Thu Jan 14, 2010 8:10 pm

Its not necessary to have PRTB letter I know a lot of guys they didn't submit the PRTB and they got approved.

pocketAces

Post by pocketAces » Thu Jan 14, 2010 8:22 pm

rebel82 wrote:Its not necessary to have PRTB letter I know a lot of guys they didn't submit the PRTB and they got approved.
but on the letter from DOJ, it clear stated that without PRTB, my applicaion will not be processed further...??

what should i reply them if i dont have the PRTB?
is there anything that i can quote?

were they trying scare me away?

i felt luck that i got the PRTB in the end.

dublin3
- thin ice -

Post by dublin3 » Thu Jan 14, 2010 8:47 pm

I submitted my application in september and at that moment I had the PRTB letter on my wife's name and I didn't need one but I am regular user of this forum and I have seen a lot of guys who got approved without having PRTB and personally I know few who didn't have and there application was proceed without that PRTB.
they have ways to scare people so don't worry about that..

pocketAces

Post by pocketAces » Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:18 pm

rebel82 wrote:I submitted my application in september and at that moment I had the PRTB letter on my wife's name and I didn't need one but I am regular user of this forum and I have seen a lot of guys who got approved without having PRTB and personally I know few who didn't have and there application was proceed without that PRTB.
they have ways to scare people so don't worry about that..
thank you rebel82

Adam/Sophie
Newly Registered

Post by Adam/Sophie » Fri Jan 15, 2010 6:05 pm

pocketAces can you please tell me how long it took you to get the PRTB because they have asked us for it now and we applied for EU1 in Augost 09 and they never asked or it when we first applied.
thanks.

Ben
Diamond Member

Post by Ben » Fri Jan 15, 2010 6:08 pm

A PRTB registration letter is not the only way of proving residence and it is not mandatory that this letter is supplied.

In six applications for my family members, over the passed four years, I have not once submitted a PRTB letter.
I am no longer posting publicly on this website - PM me if needed.

dublin3
- thin ice -

Post by dublin3 » Fri Jan 15, 2010 6:27 pm

Adam/Sophie wrote:pocketAces can you please tell me how long it took you to get the PRTB because they have asked us for it now and we applied for EU1 in Augost 09 and they never asked or it when we first applied.
thanks.
Did you apply for beginning of August or in the end I know someone who applied first week of August and he got reply from them on Monday.
I applied 1st September and I still have One and have month to think about.
I am agreed with Ben PRTB is not the only thing to prove your residence in state.

pocketAces

Post by pocketAces » Fri Jan 15, 2010 7:38 pm

Adam/Sophie wrote:pocketAces can you please tell me how long it took you to get the PRTB because they have asked us for it now and we applied for EU1 in Augost 09 and they never asked or it when we first applied.
thanks.
my landlord applied it in the begining of Nov, and i just got it.
i have contacted PRTB about 3 times and wrote them emails about my situation. that didnt help, they told me they cant give me a letter to confirm that my PRTB application was pending,but they confirmed that the min waiting time these days is around 13 weeks

Adam/Sophie
Newly Registered

Pocketaces

Post by Adam/Sophie » Fri Jan 15, 2010 11:00 pm

Thank you everyone for your replies.

We applied for the Eu 1 on the 14/08/09
We provided a tenancy agreement as proof address.
Do you think that if we sent a bank statement of my and my husbands joint account that would be sufficent as proof address and that we would,nt have to send the doj a prtb.

benifa when was the last time you applied for a Eu fam for your family,because the doj asking for prtb may well be a new practice of theirs.

Ben
Diamond Member

Re: Pocketaces

Post by Ben » Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:10 am

Adam/Sophie wrote:benifa when was the last time you applied for a Eu fam for your family,because the doj asking for prtb may well be a new practice of theirs.
December 2008.

Regardless, the DoJ are not entitled to demand a registration letter from the PRTB or to deem this as the only possible method of proving residence in the State.

Adam/Sophie
Newly Registered

Post by Adam/Sophie » Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:36 pm

thanks for the reply. do we have to be registerd with PRTB or the landlorld. The landlorld and the flat we live in is registerd with PRTB if we send it in the landlorld name to the doj will they accept it ? good luck everyone

dublin3
- thin ice -

Post by dublin3 » Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:27 pm

Is Landlord living with you at the same address?

Ben
Diamond Member

Post by Ben » Tue Jan 19, 2010 8:48 am

Adam/Sophie wrote:thanks for the reply. do we have to be registerd with PRTB or the landlorld. The landlorld and the flat we live in is registerd with PRTB if we send it in the landlorld name to the doj will they accept it ? good luck everyone
PRTB registration is the landlord's responsibility only.

Proof of residence can be:
  • Gas bill
  • Electricity bill
  • Telephone bill
  • Internet bill
  • Television licence
  • Bank statement
The list goes on..

In short, any printed document from a reputable company, which bears your address, can be used to confirm that you are resident at your stated address.

boxbo
Newly Registered

Post by boxbo » Tue Jan 19, 2010 6:56 pm

I just want to say to everyone- I didn`t get my resident card because my landlord didn`t reg us with PRTB! It was in 2009 sept.

dublin3
- thin ice -

Post by dublin3 » Wed Jan 20, 2010 12:39 am

boxbo wrote:I just want to say to everyone- I didn`t get my resident card because my landlord didn`t reg us with PRTB! It was in 2009 sept.
You mean that your application was refused just because you didn't have PRTB letter???

boxbo
Newly Registered

Post by boxbo » Wed Jan 20, 2010 1:19 am

Yes, that what happened! We moved to another apartment and sent all documents for the appeal! and waiting now already 4 months,,,,

Ben
Diamond Member

Post by Ben » Wed Jan 20, 2010 9:16 am

boxbo, you should have contacted Solvit immediately.

PRTB registration is absolutely the responsibility of the landlord not of the tenant. It also has nothing whatsoever to do with the right of residence under Directive 2004/38/EC.

Someone at the DoJ has their wires crossed. Let's hope it's not intentionally.

boxbo
Newly Registered

Post by boxbo » Wed Jan 20, 2010 12:25 pm

benifa, how Solvit can help me?? I know very well that it is landlord responsibility,but when I sent in the begining all my documents to the dep.of just. they wrote me back that I should send them more documents including PRTB and our contract with the landlord. I could not send PRTB letter,because our landlord didn`t want to reg. their, so after 6 months I was refused ONLY because of that!

Ben
Diamond Member

Post by Ben » Wed Jan 20, 2010 12:49 pm

boxbo wrote:benifa, how Solvit can help me?? I know very well that it is landlord responsibility,but when I sent in the begining all my documents to the dep.of just. they wrote me back that I should send them more documents including PRTB and our contract with the landlord. I could not send PRTB letter,because our landlord didn`t want to reg. their, so after 6 months I was refused ONLY because of that!
Then your rights have been infringed. Solvit are *supposed* to help with these kind of breaches.

dublin3
- thin ice -

Post by dublin3 » Fri Jan 22, 2010 5:12 pm

Hi Adam/Sophie did you get any response from DOJ?

Adam/Sophie
Newly Registered

Post by Adam/Sophie » Sun Jan 24, 2010 2:42 am

No the landlord does,nt live with us , we are waiting for the landlord to register us.
is the prtb a must to get a stamp 4 ?
or for the 5 year resident card only good luck every one

Ben
Diamond Member

Post by Ben » Sun Jan 24, 2010 8:38 am

Adam/Sophie wrote:is the prtb a must to get a stamp 4 ?
No!

Adam/Sophie
Newly Registered

Post by Adam/Sophie » Sun Jan 24, 2010 12:22 pm

Thanks no still get nothing

boxbo
Newly Registered

Post by boxbo » Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:40 pm

"Then your rights have been infringed. Solvit are *supposed* to help with these kind of breaches"

benifa. thank you for your advice! I hope they will help!