ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

will this cause a problem

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

omeo_21

will this cause a problem

Post by omeo_21 » Sat Jan 23, 2010 10:07 pm

my fiance is my cousin, and she came to visit me twice in UK on family visa's with her mum. our relationship began on the 1st visit and we maintained it and on the 2nd visit about a year later when she arrived during this time we decided to tell the family and they accepted and we got engaged towards the end of the visit and she returned home on the date she said she would.

will it cause a problem that we got engaged while she was here on a family visa though she did not overstay and returned and applied for a fiance visa?

thanks

ElenaW
Diamond Member

Re: will this cause a problem

Post by ElenaW » Sat Jan 23, 2010 10:35 pm

omeo_21 wrote:my fiance is my cousin, and she came to visit me twice in UK on family visa's with her mum. our relationship began on the 1st visit and we maintained it and on the 2nd visit about a year later when she arrived during this time we decided to tell the family and they accepted and we got engaged towards the end of the visit and she returned home on the date she said she would.

will it cause a problem that we got engaged while she was here on a family visa though she did not overstay and returned and applied for a fiance visa?

thanks
No this will not cause a problem.
I tell it like it is.

djb123
Member of Standing

Post by djb123 » Sun Jan 24, 2010 8:21 am

boulevardofbrokendreams wrote:
omeo_21 wrote:my fiance is my cousin, and she came to visit me twice in UK on family visa's with her mum. our relationship began on the 1st visit and we maintained it and on the 2nd visit about a year later when she arrived during this time we decided to tell the family and they accepted and we got engaged towards the end of the visit and she returned home on the date she said she would.

thanks
No this will not cause a problem.
Getting engaged whilst on a family visa is not a problem, but not mentioning a UK based boyfriend whilst applying for a family visa might be a slight problem. It shouldn't stop you getting a visa but...

I have heard of similar cases to yours where the ECO has seen it as purposely witholding relevant information - it could raise questions about whether in the previous application it was the truth about who was paying for the trip, accomodation in the UK, etc. In some cases the ECO gave the applicants a bit of a hard time at an interview, though in one case because the ECO looked into the application in great detail and checked up on things they actually found an issue and refused them.

omeo_21

Post by omeo_21 » Sun Jan 24, 2010 11:02 am

i wasnt her boy friend, she was my cousin and i liked her and we started to see things about us. she was my family anyway so how else was she suppose to visit us. she wasnt lying that she came to visit her family because she did.

i could understand if she wasnt my family member and she came to visit her family and i began a relationship with her, then they could say u said u was going to visit ur family and it used it as an excuse to see this guy.

my mother sponsored her to come and she said she was going to the uk to visit her family and live with them and she did,in both cases it was her and her parents who paid for the trip, she was working at both times and used her own resources for the visa and plane tickets. also my parents payed for the accomodation like they said they would when they sponsored her and her mother (my aunty) to come

Rozen
Diamond Member

Post by Rozen » Sun Jan 24, 2010 11:22 am

djb123 wrote: but not mentioning a UK based boyfriend whilst applying for a family visa might be a slight problem.
Not at all, if the 'boyfriend' is not the main purpose of the visit!
Omeo_21, Boulevardofbrokendreams is correct!
There is no problem, and she should be good to go to apply for a fiancee visa. She has done nothing wrong.
All the best!

omeo_21

Post by omeo_21 » Sun Jan 24, 2010 1:12 pm

obviously she did also visit so she could meet me again and spend time with me to see how things plan out, but also she came with her mum to visit my family which is what she stated on her visa application. she didnt come planning an engagement becasue didnt know if the family would accept it in the first place. but yeh she said she was planning to visit her family which she did.

thanks for your answers

hamid84
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by hamid84 » Sun Jan 24, 2010 11:19 pm

Don't worry its minor and you will have no trouble.

I believe you got engaged traditionally where family&friends were invited, you all had nice meal and finished.

She is happy, you are dreaming of her all the time and thinking of getting married.. That's all.

She is back to her home country and can't wait to see you again. If she needs to apply for new visa, tell her not to disclose this to ECO during the interview. ( I think there is no need for it ).

Get married and live a happy life :-)
Arrived UK in Dec 2000, Received ILR Oct 2008, Citizenship Approved March 2016.

omeo_21

Post by omeo_21 » Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:49 am

hi hamid84, you said if she has an interview tell her not to disclose this, not disclose what?

thanks

hamid84
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by hamid84 » Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:43 am

That you are engaged!!!

andyb123

Post by andyb123 » Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:46 am

hamid84 wrote:That you are engaged!!!
you are telling someone that in your opinion they should not mention when applying for a Fiance visa, that they are engaged?

yeah, ok, good luck with that

hamid84
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by hamid84 » Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:48 am

When applying for Fiancee visa ofcourse you are going to say your intentions are to live together but why would you do that

Simply get married and apply for spouse visa or let her come as visitor as she has always done.

andyb123

Post by andyb123 » Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:28 am

hamid84 wrote:When applying for Fiancee visa ofcourse you are going to say your intentions are to live together but why would you do that

Simply get married and apply for spouse visa or let her come as visitor as she has always done.
the OP has stated he wants to bring his Fiance here to get married, a Fiance Visa is the only suitable application he can make - the cost of him going to get married over there is probably more than the cost of the extra £400 it costs to apply under FLR(M) later

a visit visa will only allow her to come here for 6 months and she can't switch to a settlement visa

to the OP: (in my opinion)
her previous visits on a family visa shouldn't cause you any problems as long as you meet all the other requirements - do you have lots of evidence of a relationship such as phone records showing that you call each other alot, emails etc.?

the only potential issue is if they think it's an arranged marriage - e.g. if you've only met a couple of times via family. They will want to see lots of evidence showing that you have a real relationship. Usually they like to see that you have been to visit her too (1 year between physically meeting is a bit of a stretch).

omeo_21

Post by omeo_21 » Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:47 am

andy i know her since i was a teenager. i met her properly when i was a teenager in her country when i went to visit and then about 2-3 years before she came to visit we use to chat online and email for this period of time and i got all the evidence of those mails, and my old passport visa, photos etc..

she came to visit at the end of 2008 for about a month, our relationship began then, we maintained it for a year via tetxs, internet calls, phone calls untill she came again to visit at the end of 2009 for 2 months and i got all the evidence for this.

during this period i tried to visit her during the summer of 2009, but then i was offered a job so since i was unemployed i took it so couldnt go but i got the visa and i submitted it to them and also got a letter from my employer saying i got the job so i couldnt go.

however when she applies for the fiance visa the last time we physically met was just 2 months ago.

Yeh and i have lots of evidence of our relationship. i have emails covering 3 years before she came to the UK, texts covering 14months, photos of us togther from over the years even when we was teenagers, skype calls, yahoo calls covering a period of 14months greeting cards etc..

andyb123

Post by andyb123 » Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:58 am

then i'd say you're fine - go for it!

good luck and best wishes for your marriage

if she's done visit visas before then you should find getting a settlement visa a cake walk by comparison

omeo_21

Post by omeo_21 » Mon Jan 25, 2010 12:14 pm

thanks andy for your time, appreciate it,yh i know visiting visas are difficult

:D :D

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Tue Jan 26, 2010 1:55 pm

Omeo_21, I know you're not going to be happy with me, but I don't understand why you're asking exactly the same question you posted on the forum months ago. Are you waiting for a different answer? You've also been talked through your fiancee visa application in great depth and we now appear to be back at the beginning. :roll:

ElenaW
Diamond Member

Post by ElenaW » Tue Jan 26, 2010 2:08 pm

Casa wrote:Omeo_21, I know you're not going to be happy with me, but I don't understand why you're asking exactly the same question you posted on the forum months ago. Are you waiting for a different answer? You've also been talked through your fiancee visa application in great depth and we now appear to be back at the beginning. :roll:
Yep noticed that he posts the same thing over and over again. I think he's looking for reassurance more so than anything else. From this forum and several others.
I tell it like it is.

omeo_21

Post by omeo_21 » Tue Jan 26, 2010 2:36 pm

yeh i know i asked these questions many times, like boulevard said its just for reassurance, just want to make sure everyhting is allright, so just want to say thanks for your time and help

ElenaW
Diamond Member

Post by ElenaW » Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:19 pm

omeo_21 wrote:yeh i know i asked these questions many times, like boulevard said its just for reassurance, just want to make sure everyhting is allright, so just want to say thanks for your time and help
Don't worry Omeo, it sounds like you have a good case and as long as you play by the rules, your finace will get granted a fiance visa. Let us know how you get on.
I tell it like it is.

omeo_21

Post by omeo_21 » Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:43 pm

thnaks boulevard, my main worry is just my finances, but i think its cus i keep reading posts all the time and that makes you worry.

as u know my main concern is that my parents pay the rent and bills and this will as also be true when my fiancee arrives, i got my own savings and income from work and dont receive any money from anyone and i use this to pay my own personal expenses and will use this to support my fiancee, just sometimes get worried they going to class this as 3rd party maintanance, though i know the supreme court ruled it the HO hasn't added it yet to their guidelines so they could refuse

immigrationuk2009
BANNED

Post by immigrationuk2009 » Wed Jan 27, 2010 6:48 pm

omeo_21 wrote:
thnaks boulevard, my main worry is just my finances, but i think its cus i keep reading posts all the time and that makes you worry.

as u know my main concern is that my parents pay the rent and bills and this will as also be true when my fiancee arrives, i got my own savings and income from work and dont receive any money from anyone and i use this to pay my own personal expenses and will use this to support my fiancee, just sometimes get worried they going to class this as 3rd party maintanance, though i know the supreme court ruled it the HO hasn't added it yet to their guidelines so they could refuse
Yes indeed utility bills and other household bills are considered Third Party Support and you can be refused on that...

This is clearly third party support and you should be careful..

UK_Banned_Member

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:26 am

Omeo has previously been advised that he should show at least a nominal contribution towards household bills.

andyb123

Post by andyb123 » Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:39 am

immigrationuk2009 wrote:
Yes indeed utility bills and other household bills are considered Third Party Support and you can be refused on that...

This is clearly third party support and you should be careful..

UK_Banned_Member
I submitted mortgage documents and utility bills in MY PARENTS names ONLY, with no evidence of any contributions made by me, and my Fiance visa was APPROVED with no questions.

omeo_21

Post by omeo_21 » Thu Jan 28, 2010 12:09 pm

I cant say i contribute when i never did and i dont have any proof of it,

all i can say is that i will contribute a nominal amount of maybe 50 pounds when she arrives, though i dont know if the eco will beleive it or if it will save me from this third party issue