ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying from USA - Biometric Scan

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

vittuk
Newly Registered

Post by vittuk » Fri Jan 22, 2010 3:57 am

Hello Everyone,

I have been following the Immigration boards forums and its been very helpful to the people applying for UK visa.

I am planning to apply for UK HSW Tier 1 General Visa from USA and I have few quick questions about the biometric scan and the location the documents need to be sent. My permenant home base is Chicago and I work at Philadelphia, travel to chicago once in two/three weeks. The following are my questions.

1. After the completion of online application process, can I choose any biometric scan center near Philadelphia or do I have to choose a center near my home base Chicago?
2. Do I have to send all the documents to UK Home Office at Chicago or Can I also send the documents to nearest Home Office at New York.

Any inputs will be highly appreciated

Thanks in Advance.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Fri Jan 22, 2010 4:54 am

vittuk
Newly Registered

Post by vittuk » Fri Jan 22, 2010 3:03 pm

Thank you for the immediate response. I really appreciate it. I had gone through the 'How do I apply' instructions.

Here is my understanding of the instructions specified.

1. For Biometric scan as per the instruction 'There are 129 centres around the United States; you will be able to choose the most convenient location, date and time for your appointment.'.
I can chose any center near my current location (philadelphia).

2. For the application & document submission - Chicago comes under british consulate at Chicago, as per the instruction 'you must submit the application by mail to the applicable UK Border Agency at the Consulate-General within 2 weeks of your biometric enrolment.'.
I must submit all the documents to Chicago office.

Please let me know if you think I had interpreted incorrectly. Also can someone who was/is in the same situation tell me how did you proceed with biometric scan & sending the documents.

Thanks in advance.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Re: Applying from USA - Biometric Scan

Post by geriatrix » Fri Jan 22, 2010 3:28 pm

vittuk wrote:I can chose any center near my current location (philadelphia).
Yes.
vittuk wrote:2. For the application & document submission - Chicago comes under british consulate at Chicago, as per the instruction 'you must submit the application by mail to the applicable UK Border Agency at the Consulate-General within 2 weeks of your biometric enrolment.'.
I must submit all the documents to Chicago office.
Depends on where do you live. If you live in Philadelphia, then you should use the LA office. But if you live in Chicago then use the Chicago office.

regards

vittuk
Newly Registered

Post by vittuk » Sat Jan 23, 2010 2:58 am

Thank you Sushdmehta for answering my queries. Really appreciate it.

vittuk
Newly Registered

Pay slips Question - ADP

Post by vittuk » Sat Jan 23, 2010 4:52 pm

Hello Everyone,

This forum is so much of help to newbies like me applying for UK visa. Great job everyone.

I have a question regarding the pay slips,

I get my pay slips online from ADP. As per the HSW Tier 1 visa guidelines, they need to be stamped and signed by the employer. I changed my employer last year (from whom I used to get pay slips from ADP online) and I sent copies of my pay slips to my ex-employer to sign and stamp them. He stamped them but he did not sign them, instead he put his initial. The stamp is in red colour. Also he wrote 'True' beside the stamp and initials. Do you think those copies work as the supporting evidence for previous earnings?. I do have my tax returns (W-2) for last year but they don't reflect the period I am claiming points for. Also I do have the bank statements that corroborate the earnings mentioned in pay slips.

Can you please let me know if the copies of pay slips with initials and red stamp are fine? and can I go ahead with them as supporting evidence.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

vks

Re: Pay slips Question - ADP

Post by vks » Sun Jan 24, 2010 5:50 pm

vittuk wrote:Hello Everyone,

This forum is so much of help to newbies like me applying for UK visa. Great job everyone.

I have a question regarding the pay slips,

I get my pay slips online from ADP. As per the HSW Tier 1 visa guidelines, they need to be stamped and signed by the employer. I changed my employer last year (from whom I used to get pay slips from ADP online) and I sent copies of my pay slips to my ex-employer to sign and stamp them. He stamped them but he did not sign them, instead he put his initial. The stamp is in red colour. Also he wrote 'True' beside the stamp and initials. Do you think those copies work as the supporting evidence for previous earnings?. I do have my tax returns (W-2) for last year but they don't reflect the period I am claiming points for. Also I do have the bank statements that corroborate the earnings mentioned in pay slips.

Can you please let me know if the copies of pay slips with initials and red stamp are fine? and can I go ahead with them as supporting evidence.

The guidance for Tier1 general says the following
Where formal payslips are produced on plain paper they must be stamped and signed by the employer. Payslips which are not on headed paper or the applicant receives all pay slips online, he/she must authenticate the evidence by asking the employer to sign and stamp a printout
So you should be fine!

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Regards,
vks

vittuk
Newly Registered

Post by vittuk » Thu Jan 28, 2010 1:46 am

Thank you VKS. Really appreciate it.

UKTIER1_0209
Newly Registered

Post by UKTIER1_0209 » Thu Jan 28, 2010 4:09 pm

I too applied from USA last month and have my visa approved and stamped from Feb 2010 to Feb 2013.

Give me a call on 845-321-6805 for more details if you need any.

Regards,
Vaibhav

UKTIER1_0209
Newly Registered

Post by UKTIER1_0209 » Thu Jan 28, 2010 4:25 pm

I too applied from USA last month and have my visa approved and stamped from Feb 2010 to Feb 2013.

Give me a call on 845-321-6805 for more details if you need any.

Regards,
Vaibhav