ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

does uni have direct contact with home office.

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

waqas734
Pakistan

does uni have direct contact with home office.

Post by waqas734 » Sun Jan 24, 2010 5:20 pm

hello all..

my visa was refused on the wrong guidance given to me by my uni and now my appeal has been dismissed as well.. on maintenance for not showing outstanding fee as a on going student but uni is saying that thay can still get me the visa from home office ..is it possible ?

ElenaW
Diamond Member

Re: does uni have direct contact with home office.

Post by ElenaW » Sun Jan 24, 2010 5:43 pm

waqas734 wrote:hello all..

my visa was refused on the wrong guidance given to me by my uni and now my appeal has been dismissed as well.. on maintenance for not showing outstanding fee as a on going student but uni is saying that thay can still get me the visa from home office ..is it possible ?
I'm pretty sure unis don't have the power to get their students' visas. This is up to the student to obtain. Atleast that's what my lovely uni told me.
I tell it like it is.

waqas734
Pakistan

Post by waqas734 » Sun Jan 24, 2010 7:29 pm

thanks for reply but my university has said that they can get me a visa under the batch scheme ..i dont knw wht it is

SBT_Owner
Member of Standing

Post by SBT_Owner » Sun Jan 24, 2010 7:33 pm

Info on the batch scheme here >> http://www.brookes.ac.uk/student/servic ... batch.html

If you google "student batch scheme" there is plenty of info out there on it :)
Please respect the sites admin and mod team . They donate time to this site for free . Let us thank them !
Tottenham Hotspur have made it into the Champions League . Great Times :0)

waqas734
Pakistan

Post by waqas734 » Sun Jan 24, 2010 7:38 pm

thanks rattlesnake for ur informative reply ...my international advisor is saying that they can get me a visa or i will have to appeal in high court..
did u get ur visa by this scheme..

ElenaW
Diamond Member

Post by ElenaW » Sun Jan 24, 2010 7:44 pm

hmm didn't know about the batch scheme. Is this a new development post march 30, 2009?
I tell it like it is.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Sun Jan 24, 2010 7:49 pm

boulevardofbrokendreams wrote:hmm didn't know about the batch scheme. Is this a new development post march 30, 2009?
Always been on I think.

It's just what it says on the time - 'batch' - ie all the unis apps are processed together in a batch. Doesn't mean it will be approved or they have insider dealings or special relationships....
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

SBT_Owner
Member of Standing

Post by SBT_Owner » Sun Jan 24, 2010 7:51 pm

I had not heard of it either . It is legit though as it is mentioned in some parliament notes ..
249. Students will not always be granted a visa which covers the whole length of the course; or they may wish to continue studying when it finishes. They would then have to apply to the Home Office for further leave to remain in the UK. Many universities are now part of the "student batch scheme" under which they collect and co-ordinate applications and then send them to a dedicated team of IND caseworkers for decision. When we visited this team in Croydon the system seemed to be working well. Students at other universities and colleges still have to apply direct to the IND themselves.
http://www.publications.parliament.uk/p ... /77509.htm
Please respect the sites admin and mod team . They donate time to this site for free . Let us thank them !
Tottenham Hotspur have made it into the Champions League . Great Times :0)

ElenaW
Diamond Member

Post by ElenaW » Sun Jan 24, 2010 7:52 pm

Wanderer wrote:
boulevardofbrokendreams wrote:hmm didn't know about the batch scheme. Is this a new development post march 30, 2009?
Always been on I think.

It's just what it says on the time - 'batch' - ie all the unis apps are processed together in a batch. Doesn't mean it will be approved or they have insider dealings or special relationships....
Ah, sounds crap then :lol:
I tell it like it is.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sun Jan 24, 2010 10:56 pm

Do you have a current valid leave to remain in UK, given that your appeal has been dismissed? If not, you should also be equally worried about the fact that you might have become an overstayer.

regards
Last edited by geriatrix on Mon Jan 25, 2010 12:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

waqas734
Pakistan

Post by waqas734 » Sun Jan 24, 2010 10:58 pm

yeah but i still have got the right of appeal in high court ..so i dont know if i can show that i had appealed thats the cause of my overstay and now i am going to appeal in high court as well. ..cuz status doesn't change untill the outcome of appeal ...

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Mon Jan 25, 2010 12:17 am

File the appeal within the time allowed .. then you should be okay. Even if this appeal is refused (whenever it is heard), at least it will be buy you time to complete your studies.

All the best.

regards

makkan00
United Kingdom

Post by makkan00 » Tue Jan 26, 2010 9:10 pm

waqas734 wrote:yeah but i still have got the right of appeal in high court ..so i dont know if i can show that i had appealed thats the cause of my overstay and now i am going to appeal in high court as well. ..cuz status doesn't change untill the outcome of appeal ...

IF you can show that it was the mistake of university, and uni gives you in writing, get it asap and apply for appeal.
Get you case stronger by the help of professionals, ask your university if they can provide solicitor for you.

You should not suffer because somebody else made mistake.

About special batch visa, I dont expect much from it.

waqas734
Pakistan

Post by waqas734 » Tue Jan 26, 2010 9:21 pm

No my uni now admitting their fault and after we lauched seroius complain to the high level officers of uni they now re-submitting my application with speacial permisson from home office through batch scheme.... as far as appeal is , my appeal was refused and i am also applying for reconsideration appeal ... and there is no issue of overstying as my uni has explained everyting to home office...

makkan00
United Kingdom

Post by makkan00 » Tue Jan 26, 2010 9:25 pm

waqas734 wrote:No my uni now admitting their fault and after we lauched seroius complain to the high level officers of uni they now re-submitting my application with speacial permisson from home office through batch scheme.... as far as appeal is , my appeal was refused and i am also applying for reconsideration appeal ... and there is no issue of overstying as my uni has explained everyting to home office...
Best of luck and keep us updated here,,,,

ElenaW
Diamond Member

Post by ElenaW » Tue Jan 26, 2010 9:34 pm

waqas734 wrote:No my uni now admitting their fault and after we lauched seroius complain to the high level officers of uni they now re-submitting my application with speacial permisson from home office through batch scheme.... as far as appeal is , my appeal was refused and i am also applying for reconsideration appeal ... and there is no issue of overstying as my uni has explained everyting to home office...
This whole situation your in sounds like such a pain. I hope you get everything sorted. I don't think people understand how stressful it is to deal with visa issues when you're a student...ugh. Good luck with everything.
I tell it like it is.

waqas734
Pakistan

Post by waqas734 » Tue Jan 26, 2010 9:39 pm

yeah ur right in this whole situation i had to pay £ 1000 to lawyer and still didn't get the appeal allowed cuz my uni ddn't want to concede its fault but after lots of pressure through my uncle and reperesentative from back home now they are...but still i got to pay home office visa fee again ..but i hope i get my visa this time to finish my last semester here....

ElenaW
Diamond Member

Post by ElenaW » Tue Jan 26, 2010 9:54 pm

waqas734 wrote:yeah ur right in this whole situation i had to pay £ 1000 to lawyer and still didn't get the appeal allowed cuz my uni ddn't want to concede its fault but after lots of pressure through my uncle and reperesentative from back home now they are...but still i got to pay home office visa fee again ..but i hope i get my visa this time to finish my last semester here....
Wow reading how much money and effort you had to put into this made me so mad. I know how that goes when all the admin puppets just don't understand what to do and can't take any responsability. When I had issues the excuses they used were "well, I'm new at my job so I'm not really sure how this works" wtf??? How do these people get hired?

I wish in cases like yours where the uni is at fault they would get into a bit of trouble. My American ways are saying, "wish there was a way to sue them" but there isn't.

You're so lucky this is your last semester!! Good luck with everything.
I tell it like it is.

waqas734
Pakistan

Post by waqas734 » Wed Jan 27, 2010 1:29 am

thanks mate but i won't let them go that easily after all this shit as they were at fault and i gave me exams with all this tensions ..i hve talked to me lawyer and he assured me we can sue them ..i am just waiting for me visa...

ElenaW
Diamond Member

Post by ElenaW » Wed Jan 27, 2010 8:29 am

waqas734 wrote:thanks mate but i won't let them go that easily after all this shit as they were at fault and i gave me exams with all this tensions ..i hve talked to me lawyer and he assured me we can sue them ..i am just waiting for me visa...
Really?!!! You just made my day!! lol. Please tell me how it works out, I must know! :D
I tell it like it is.

waqas734
Pakistan

Post by waqas734 » Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:48 am

for that you will need a written letter from them saying that they were at fault beacuse my application also sent directly from university and they received it as well with their signature ... in my case they have admitted .
i dont knw about yours..

waqas734
Pakistan

in-country students who has been refused can still apply,,

Post by waqas734 » Sat Feb 13, 2010 5:56 pm

i just got a call from HO asking me to withdraw my appeal from high court as they are going to issue me a visa . i was refused on sep 28 through a student batch scheme then after contacting my uni and they used their contacts and personnaly discussd my case with the case worker ..
and now i will get my visa by next week..

Blackwater1

Post by Blackwater1 » Sat Feb 13, 2010 6:25 pm

congrats dude...nice valentine gift.. :lol:

waqas734
Pakistan

Post by waqas734 » Sat Feb 13, 2010 6:29 pm

thanks mate yes indeed it is...

ElenaW
Diamond Member

Post by ElenaW » Sat Feb 13, 2010 6:55 pm

Yay congrats!! What an arsey situation you were in!! Glad it's sorted now.
I tell it like it is.