ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Certificate of No Impediment

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

mark79
Newly Registered

Certificate of No Impediment

Post by mark79 » Sun Jan 24, 2010 9:25 pm

Hi all,

I am a Malaysian citizen with Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR) in the UK. I'm planning on getting married to my spanish fiance in Spain and need a certificate of no impediment. We will have the wedding in Spain but live in the UK.

Does anyone know if I can apply for the certificate of no impediment from my local council (as I have lived in the UK for over 10 years now) or do I need to get it from the Malaysian High Commission in London (or perhaps even in Spain??)

Thanks in advance for your help.

andyb123

Post by andyb123 » Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:38 am

I *think* you need to be a british citizen to get a CNI from the Register Office in the UK, you can try calling your local Register Office and ask them

you'll need to get your spanish fiance to ask in spain if they'll accept a CNI from your embassy in london, or if you need to get the CNI from the embassy in spain

then you need to call your embassy in either city

mark79
Newly Registered

Post by mark79 » Wed Jan 27, 2010 3:56 pm

Thanks for the info.

Looks like i'm going to have to call my local council to find out.

Thanks