ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tax return

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

dajumper

Post by dajumper » Thu Dec 29, 2005 11:44 am

My friend is away on holidays... My friend is very diligent in what he does, I'm sure he has supplied almost everything related. Of what i recall, he submitted, the employment contract, 12 months of payslips, bank statements, Ltd company details as well as explaining the structure/relationship. As previously mentioned, the caseworkers's response for rejection was that no tax return was supplied. He even appealed against the decision quoting from the application form & guidance note that no where does it state that tax returns are mandatory. But alas, appeal still rejected. Personally, i think he caught that caseworker on a bad day. I reckon it all comes down to luck! So good luck everyone... May you all get what you deserve! :wink:

OFCHARITY
Member of Standing

Post by OFCHARITY » Thu Dec 29, 2005 9:24 pm

I think your friend may have misunderstood the guidance note saying a tax return was not mandatory. Whilst it is not mandotory to submit a tax return with your HSMP application, the guidance makes it clear that you must have paid income taxes on the income for which you are claiming points.
'In everything give thanks'

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Thu Dec 29, 2005 10:44 pm

OfCharity, I agree with that and would add .... what he did supply was confusing to say the least .... confusing that is the income of the limited company and him as an individual. They are two separate legal persons and he was trying to treat them as one person.
John

dajumper

Post by dajumper » Wed Jan 04, 2006 1:51 pm

Well, i actually emailed HSMP asking if it was ok that i do not supply a tax return but the following supporting docs:

-Letter from Ltd co. showing total income paid to me.
-All payslips paid from Agency to Ltd co.
-employment contracts &
-All personal bank statements showing net income received

And the response was that would all suffice!

allta

Post by allta » Sun Jan 29, 2006 1:33 pm

This is another one,

What if you have 2 forms of evidence and then a notarised copy of the tax clearance, making three.

A Police Report stating loss of original and Sworn Affidafit is declared for this purpose and attached to the notarised copy stating that all efforts to retrieve the originals have proved abortive.

Will they still alocate points to you in income braket?
No man can be an Island of Knowledge, a Tree doesn't make a forest