ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Help! Claiming points on previous earning from a Ltd company

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

alex2010
Newly Registered

Help! Claiming points on previous earning from a Ltd company

Post by alex2010 » Sun Jan 24, 2010 11:28 pm

Dear all,

I am not sure which documents to send to claim points from previous earnings in a ltd company. Please kindly give me some advice.

I am planning to switch to the Tier 1 general visa in March 2010. I am working for two companies. Monday to Thursday in BRD Ltd, Fri to Sat in a Bank. I recevied 15k from BRD Ltd and 11k from the Bank per annum. Both companies pay PAYE for me. I can provide 12 months payslips and 12 months bank stmts as evidenced. I consider myself to be employed not self-employed.

The problem is that I holds 50% shares of GD Ltd that in term holds 50% shares of BRL Ltd. BRL Ltd is a joint venture between GD Ltd and TA Ltd where each company holds 50% shares of BRL Ltd.

But I am not a Director in GD Ltd nor BRL Ltd. I am just one of the managers in BRL Ltd.

I checked the homeoffice case worker guildline which consider BRL as an umbrella company.

'Umbrella Companies
Where the applicant is operating as one of a number of shareholders (often known as an Umbrella Company), without being a Director, they may not be able to provide company bank statements. This may be for reasons of confidentiality with regard to the disclosure of earnings of other shareholders. A covering letter should be provided by the applicant’s accountant to explain this where appropriate. The corroboration of earnings evidence should still be possible through the applicant’s personal bank statements and an accountant’s letter.'

By provide the following evidence, do you think it is sufficient to cliam points for my earnings in BRL Ltd?

-12 months offical payslips and personal banks stmts. The PAYE was managed by our accountant firm, they send a Pay advise slip to me each month. In the pay advise slip, it has our company name, gross pay, net pay, it's very similar to the one from the bank. And BRL Ltd credit money to my bank account directly and they pay HMRC for the tax and NI.

-a covering letter from our chartered accountant, on business letterhead, which confirms my gross and net earnings for the claimed earnings period.

-a covering letter from accountant confirm the my role and shareholding within the company. The letter also explains the relationship between the managing agent/accountant and I, if applicable.

BRL Ltd has only been in trading for less than 2 years, we are still making a loss in both of the balance sheet and P/L account. The accountant only prepared the financial stmt from Apr 2008 to Mar 2009. I am a bit recultant to give the balance sheet, P/L, or business stmts to the homeoffice. Would that be ok?

Mant thanks for all of your help!