ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

zinedine
Newly Registered

ILR

Post by zinedine » Sun Jan 24, 2010 2:45 pm

Hi

My husband and I are about to apply for his ilr in the uk. We currently have secured an appointment, he has passed his life in the uk test but we are worried as for the pasttwo years he has been unable to find work and so has been looking after our son. Would this go against him. At the start of his two years I was on maternity leave and so in receipt on both housing and council tax benefit for about 5 months but only under my name. We also receive tax credits but I have been told this is ok. We also want to know what the process is like on the day, as this my prepare us better. Thank you[/quote]

diago_nelson

Re: ILR

Post by diago_nelson » Sun Jan 24, 2010 11:51 pm

Can you confirm your residence status? I believe you are a permanent resident/British citizen.
If yes, then you can claim benefits and it is not a problem for your husbands ILR.
Also confirm on what category your husband is applying for ILR ?
zinedine wrote:Hi

My husband and I are about to apply for his ilr in the uk. We currently have secured an appointment, he has passed his life in the uk test but we are worried as for the pasttwo years he has been unable to find work and so has been looking after our son. Would this go against him. At the start of his two years I was on maternity leave and so in receipt on both housing and council tax benefit for about 5 months but only under my name. We also receive tax credits but I have been told this is ok. We also want to know what the process is like on the day, as this my prepare us better. Thank you

zinedine
Newly Registered

Post by zinedine » Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:52 am

Yes I am a British citizen and have been present in the uk for over 25 years. My husband will be applying for ilr as my spouse so we are completing the set m application form. When I claimed for benefit I did not mention that my husband was with me at the time. Do they interview us both or will it be just my patner and what is the interview process like and when do they make a decision as we will be paying for the premier service. Thank you