ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK Tier 1 : Is it worth approaching a consultant

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

joe_2010
Newly Registered

UK Tier 1 : Is it worth approaching a consultant

Post by joe_2010 » Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:38 am

Hi,

I needed help regarding UK tier1 application.
Please let me know if its worth approaching a consultant or its ok to apply directly.

Appreciate any help on this

Thanks in Advance
Joe

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Re: UK Tier 1 : Is it worth approaching a consultant

Post by tvn_ramesh » Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:51 am

joe_2010 wrote:Hi,

Please let me know if its worth approaching a consultant or its ok to apply directly.

Thanks in Advance
Joe
First read the HO GUIDANCE2-3times.. give it a try on your own.. ASK questions incase of doubt here on this forum and then you can decide at that point, if you still want to pay somebody.. or do it on ur own..

email257525
BANNED

hi

Post by email257525 » Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:17 am

As advised by Ramesh,
First try on your own, and if thinks cant do it then you can always approched to a good consultant.

I did on my own, and by the help of this forum, which is really helpfull,

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Post by ChetanOjha » Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:20 am

True. Most people find it comfortable after going through the guidance notes. It' not rocket science. You will be fine. If you have any doubt you can always search in this forum or raise query(if you have not find the answer already). I am confident that people have already faced all sorts of issue and sail through.

You won't find it hard as soon as your go through guidance notes 2-3 times. You will realise that it is just a matter of collecting all documents and arranging them.

yasa
Diamond Member

Re: UK Tier 1 : Is it worth approaching a consultant

Post by yasa » Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:28 am

joe_2010 wrote:Hi,

Thanks in Advance
Joe
1. Read the guidance notes properly as advised by seniors.
2. Ask any sort of questions in this forum.
3. Most important ... Dont waste money on consultants cuz you are more educated and know your case better than any one else.
=======================
Every cloud has silver lining
=======================

nero_44
Newly Registered

Post by nero_44 » Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:31 am

completely agreed. I would recommend to do it on your own, provided that you are able to allocate enough time to complete it thoroughly. I have used Dearson & Winyard previously, but I just submitted my T1G on my own. I believe there are some advantages of being "in-control" of all documents, because the process could be severely delayed when using an agent, e.g. if HO requires any additional information etc. Besides, completing the form also educates you on immigration in some way. Dos and Donts, what services are eligible are you eligible for, what does the Home Office look for in your application. This is all very useful for a future ILR or settlement application.

joe_2010
Newly Registered

Post by joe_2010 » Sat Jan 30, 2010 1:31 pm

Hi All,

Thanks a lot for your response, this has definitely helped to kick start the initial process. However, I was unable to open the link under "HO GUIDANCE".

Please do let me know if the below link is correct

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... idance.pdf

Thanks again,

Joe

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Sat Jan 30, 2010 2:26 pm

joe_2010 wrote:Hi All,

Thanks a lot for your response, this has definitely helped to kick start the initial process. However, I was unable to open the link under "HO GUIDANCE".

Please do let me know if the below link is correct

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... idance.pdf

Thanks again,

Joe
Yes that is right... for dependents pls note that the latrst forum is dated 15 JAN 2010

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Post by aruni4470 » Sat Jan 30, 2010 5:32 pm

I have used a consultant for my initial HSMP approval and believe me it is an absolute waste of money.

yasa
Diamond Member

Post by yasa » Sat Jan 30, 2010 6:17 pm

aruni4470 wrote:I have used a consultant for my initial HSMP approval and believe me it is an absolute waste of money.
u r quite rite... this site gives u 100 times more information than consultants..
=======================
Every cloud has silver lining
=======================