ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Current Processing Times - Help us to help you

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

kamal_ece

Post by kamal_ece » Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:39 am

Type: Tier 1 (General) Extension (Currently on HSMP)

Application sent: 20.01.2010 (Royal Mail Special delivery 09:00AM next day)
Docs received by HO : 21.01.2010 (Checked online using the Tracking Number displayed as Delivered)
Payment deducted: (waiting)
Doc received: (waiting)
Result Date :
Result :

mousepicker
Newly Registered

Tier 1 General - initial tensions

Post by mousepicker » Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:36 am

shabanaimrank wrote:Type: HSMP extension under Tier 1 general

Application sent: 19/01/010
Docs received by HO : 20/01/2010
Payment deducted: no response yet no acknowledgement i m so worried shall i call them and ask?
Well, I applied on the same date and my visa expired on 20-01-10 (just one day after the application date).

The payment was taken on the Friday 22 Jan, I guess they are splitting the load.

All applications reach one common PO Box in Durham and from there it gets split is what I guess. If you have to send in any additional letter or documents, they will ask you to send it to a different address in Sheffield - which is atleast 100+ miles from Durham.

This is just a wild guess, they are splitting the load and may take sometime to take the money - or they may have already taken it. Check your bank account, it would have brought the available (or cleared) balance down - though it may take atleast 2 days to reflect - the money will be cleared.

Cheers,
Mspck

Syl
Newly Registered

Post by Syl » Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:52 am

Did anyone call HO to find out till which date they are processing the applns? Though the website says 29th..it might actually vary...was wondering if anyone can give a better insight...

nand1v5
Newly Registered

Got extension

Post by nand1v5 » Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:01 am

Hi,

I got my visa extension from HSMP to Tier1 General for 3 yrs today, my timeline was:

Application sent: 19.12.09
Docs received by HO : 21.12.09
Payment deducted: 24.12.09
Approval date: 21.01.10
Doc received: 25.01.10

I received the documents by the normal post form home office, though I have sent a pre-paid self addressed return delivery cover.

Thanks to everyone in this forum.

Nand

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Re: Got extension

Post by tvn_ramesh » Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:59 am

nand1v5 wrote: I received the documents by the normal post form home office, though I have sent a pre-paid self addressed return delivery cover.
Congrats mate..

just curious to know.. if you mentioned in the coverletter and requested the HO to send your documents by Prepaid self addressed return delivery cover?

crusador0408
Member of Standing

Post by crusador0408 » Mon Jan 25, 2010 3:14 pm

Payment deducted: no response yet no acknowledgement i m so worried shall i call them and ask?
I posted on same date but no fee is deducted yet. I will post as soon as I get any updates. Good luck.
I have my ILR since march 2013, previously based on HSMP+Tier1 ext. All views are my own, am not a professional on immigration matters.

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Mon Jan 25, 2010 3:38 pm

crusador0408 wrote:

I posted on same date but no fee is deducted yet. I will post as soon as I get any updates. Good luck.
i think there are few guys who recently appliled and whose FEEs have not been deducted.. please see the below thread..

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... 678#330678

Naveen Papisetty
Newly Registered

Payment deduction for applied on 18/01/2010?

Post by Naveen Papisetty » Tue Jan 26, 2010 12:06 pm

[quote="shabanaimrank"]Type: HSMP extension under Tier 1 general

Application sent: 18/01/2010
Docs received by HO : 19/01/2010
Payment deducted: Not yet and no acknowlegment also

is there any one who have applied on the same date as me?if so, is ur payment deducted?

akb

Yet to deduct fee

Post by akb » Tue Jan 26, 2010 12:29 pm

I am also in similar situation, but feel better now seeing that people who have applied before me are still waiting for the fee to be deducted.
I was bit worried after giving credit card details, seeing so many mails regarding credit card transaction issues.

My application (HSMP to Tier1 - Main + 2 dep) was sent on 21-01-2010 through Royal Mail special delivery
Application received on Jan 22nd.
Fee not yet deducted.

Cheers,
akb

nand1v5
Newly Registered

Post by nand1v5 » Tue Jan 26, 2010 1:02 pm

tvn_ramesh wrote:
nand1v5 wrote: I received the documents by the normal post form home office, though I have sent a pre-paid self addressed return delivery cover.
Congrats mate..

just curious to know.. if you mentioned in the coverletter and requested the HO to send your documents by Prepaid self addressed return delivery cover?
Thanks...

yeah, I have mentioned in the cover letter and requested to send the return delivery via special delivery cover.

But the special delivery cover has been returned unused along with all original documents.

Thanks,
Nand

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Tue Jan 26, 2010 1:41 pm

nand1v5 wrote:
tvn_ramesh wrote:
Congrats mate..

Thanks...

yeah, I have mentioned in the cover letter and requested to send the return delivery via special delivery cover.

But the special delivery cover has been returned unused along with all original documents.

Thanks,
Nand
one more blunder by HO not surprised at all.. thanks mate..

adnanmirza

Post by adnanmirza » Tue Jan 26, 2010 2:15 pm

hi,
I have a 3 months old baby for which I need to apply Tier 1 General visa. I am the main applicant and already have visa till year 2013.

Can we book via telephone all day? Do I need to take baby as well if applying in person. The online booking system looks crap as it is not giving me any appointment at all.

Please help

nero_44
Newly Registered

Post by nero_44 » Tue Jan 26, 2010 2:52 pm

nero_44 wrote:Type: Work Permit to Tier 1 (General) In-country application
Application date: 31-Dec-2009
Payment deducted : 04-Jan-2010
Acknowledgment letter date: Never received
Approval Date: Pending
FYI, just had a call from HO for a small clarification regarding my app. They are currently processing my application and I will hear from them shortly. Seems like they are ahead of schedule since the website says they are proccessing apps on or before the 29th of dec.

akb

Post by akb » Tue Jan 26, 2010 5:40 pm

adnanmirza wrote:hi,
I have a 3 months old baby for which I need to apply Tier 1 General visa. I am the main applicant and already have visa till year 2013.

Can we book via telephone all day? Do I need to take baby as well if applying in person. The online booking system looks crap as it is not giving me any appointment at all.

Please help
Hi Adnan, I wonder why you didn't apply for your baby's visa along with you. It seems like you got your visa after the birth of your baby (seeing the visa extension time).

Anyway try calling them in the morning just before 9AM and continue till you get the connection. In person applications need the dependent to be present in person. I am not sure whether they will give exemption for your baby. Speak to them regarding this if you get an appointment. Many of my friends tried to call but failed to get an appointment. Hence I just sent my application by post last week. Fingers crossed and waiting.

dreamworks
Newly Registered

Post by dreamworks » Tue Jan 26, 2010 7:31 pm

Hi friends,

Thanks to all of you on the forum who helped clarify many of my doubts. I just got my Tier 1 visa stamped and recd. my passport today.

Just few quick questions:
- On the visa it says 'UK Entry Clearance', does this mean that we need some other visa once we enter UK. Is this visa just to enter UK?
- Can we change employer on this visa?
- Can we remain unemployed on this visa (while we are applying for jobs being inside the UK)
- Once I get a job, are there any formalities that my employer will have to do it for me.

Thanks once again!

auzzie_in_brizzle
Newly Registered

Post by auzzie_in_brizzle » Tue Jan 26, 2010 8:24 pm

dreamworks wrote:Hi friends,

Thanks to all of you on the forum who helped clarify many of my doubts. I just got my Tier 1 visa stamped and recd. my passport today.

Just few quick questions:
- On the visa it says 'UK Entry Clearance', does this mean that we need some other visa once we enter UK. Is this visa just to enter UK?
- Can we change employer on this visa?
- Can we remain unemployed on this visa (while we are applying for jobs being inside the UK)
- Once I get a job, are there any formalities that my employer will have to do it for me.

Thanks once again!
In order:

-Nope, that's your Tier 1 visa. It just means you can enter the UK after that start date on your entry clearance and leave before the end date (unless you extend)
-Yes.
-Yes. Although when it comes to extending your visa, whether or not you've been "economically active" is important.
-They'll probably want to sight your visa and take a photocopy, but that's about it. It's an employer's responsibility to ensure they're not employing illegal workers so they need to have some proof.

adnanmirza

Post by adnanmirza » Wed Jan 27, 2010 12:06 pm

akb wrote:
adnanmirza wrote:hi,

Please help
Hi Adnan, I wonder why you didn't apply for your baby's visa along with you. It seems like you got your visa after the birth of your baby (seeing the visa extension time).

Anyway try calling them in the morning just before 9AM and continue till you get the connection. In person applications need the dependent to be present in person. I am not sure whether they will give exemption for your baby. Speak to them regarding this if you get an appointment. Many of my friends tried to call but failed to get an appointment. Hence I just sent my application by post last week. Fingers crossed and waiting.

thanks akb. I will try to call them and will update you

akb

Re: Yet to deduct fee

Post by akb » Thu Jan 28, 2010 8:30 am

akb wrote:I am also in similar situation, but feel better now seeing that people who have applied before me are still waiting for the fee to be deducted.
I was bit worried after giving credit card details, seeing so many mails regarding credit card transaction issues.

My application (HSMP to Tier1 - Main + 2 dep) was sent on 21-01-2010 through Royal Mail special delivery
Fee not yet deducted.

Cheers,
akb
Hi All,

Update from my side.
My credit card payment was taken yesterday.
I can see my credit limit reduced by £920 (820+2x50) :-)
It is still under pending transactions, but I haven't used my card for any other purpose, so this should be my visa fee.
Waiting for the acknowledgement from HO now.

Cheers,
akb.

auzzie_in_brizzle
Newly Registered

Post by auzzie_in_brizzle » Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:53 am

Yeah, my available balance just dropped by £870 (main+1 dep). I applied on the same date.

Wonder what that was all about? You think they'd want to get our money as quickly as possible.

nero_44
Newly Registered

Post by nero_44 » Thu Jan 28, 2010 1:06 pm

Got my T1! Thanks to everyone on this forum!

Type: Work Permit to Tier 1 (General) In-country application
Application date: 31-Dec-2009
Payment deducted : 04-Jan-2010
Acknowledgment letter date: Never received
Approval Date: 26-01-2010
Docs Received: 28-01-2010 (self addressed pre-paid delivery envelope)
T1 Visa Valid until: 26-01-2013

Turnaround time: 28 Calendar Days

my WP is valid til 01-04-2013 so I actually lost 2 month of visa-time, however I am happy to trade this off for a more flexible visa.

mLondon
Newly Registered

Post by mLondon » Thu Jan 28, 2010 3:11 pm

Thanks for the link.
I just found out my application was rejected due to lack of funds. I have a shared credit card account and the person I share it with had spent too much without my knowledge (knowing £820 was going to be deducted) so there wasn't enough funds on the card..... very annoying.

I called UKBA to see if they could hold the application and process it tomorrow but the person I spoke to said that a different company processes the payments and that they reject applications outright if the funds don't go through, and that the onus is on the applicant to make sure there's enough funds in the account. So now there's a record of an application from me being rejected by UKBA.

I'm going to try and book an application in person as my visa expires soon.

TTOE wrote:
mLondon wrote:Type: Tier 1 (General) Extension (Currently on HSMP)

Application sent: 21.01.2010
Docs received by HO : (waiting)
Approval date: (waiting)

FYI
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/worki ... tingtimes/

Naveen Papisetty
Newly Registered

Post by Naveen Papisetty » Thu Jan 28, 2010 4:21 pm

mLondon wrote:Thanks for the link.
I just found out my application was rejected due to lack of funds. I have a shared credit card account and the person I share it with had spent too much without my knowledge (knowing £820 was going to be deducted) so there wasn't enough funds on the card..... very annoying.

I called UKBA to see if they could hold the application and process it tomorrow but the person I spoke to said that a different company processes the payments and that they reject applications outright if the funds don't go through, and that the onus is on the applicant to make sure there's enough funds in the account. So now there's a record of an application from me being rejected by UKBA.

TTOE wrote:

FYI
did u receive ur rejected application back?Hw did u get to know ur application is rejected?

mLondon
Newly Registered

Post by mLondon » Thu Jan 28, 2010 5:53 pm

The bank said that a request was made for £820 on the account and it was rejected. When I spoke the the UKBA representative they said that if the payment doesn't go through then the application is rejected and sent back to the applicant and there's no way to intervene.

He also said I'll have to declare in my future applications that a previous application was rejected bu that it should be ok if I state my case in the cover letter.

Nothing I can do about it now... except hope my application's not lost in the post!

Naveen Papisetty wrote:
mLondon wrote:Thanks for the link.

TTOE wrote:

FYI
did u receive ur rejected application back?Hw did u get to know ur application is rejected?

saran79
United Kingdom

hsmp to tier1 extension

Post by saran79 » Fri Jan 29, 2010 8:46 pm

with you guys help i got my extension on 27/1/2010 successfully. actually i booked a premium appointment at Sheffield. Just got the visa within one hour. Just amazed by the speed of processing. got visa until 31/01/2013

Thank you very much for your support and help by this forum. i like to help some one if i ll be able to.

akb

Post by akb » Sun Jan 31, 2010 2:06 pm

akb wrote:
akb wrote:I am also in similar situation, but feel better now seeing that people who have applied before me are still waiting for the fee to be deducted.

Fee not yet deducted.

Cheers,
akb
Hi All,

Update from my side.
My credit card payment was taken yesterday.
I can see my credit limit reduced by £920 (820+2x50) :-)
It is still under pending transactions, but I haven't used my card for any other purpose, so this should be my visa fee.
Waiting for the acknowledgement from HO now.

Cheers,
akb.
Hi Received my ack letter from home office yesterday.

Application sent on 21-01-2010 - Royal Mail special delivery
Fee deducted on 27th Jan.
Ack letter received on 30th Jan.

Cheers,
akb