ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HSMP ILTR after 4 years

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

bruce3000
Newly Registered

HSMP ILTR after 4 years

Post by bruce3000 » Wed Jan 04, 2006 8:08 am

Hi there

I have just received my initial one year HSMP LTR that begins on 15 March 2006. However I plan to arrive in the UK on 14 April 2006. Assuming that I get the 3 year extension that will take me up to 15 March 2010. At that stage I will only have been resident in the UK for 3 years 11 months and therefore will be technically short of the four years currently required to obtain ILTR.

1. Is there somebody that I can contact to get a definitive answer?
2. Is is possible that I can get the ILTR under these facts?
3. Should I make sure that i arrive in the UK on 15 March 2006 althougt I would prefer to wait a month

Bruce

hsmphopeful

Post by hsmphopeful » Wed Jan 04, 2006 8:45 pm

You may simply have to apply for another limited leave to remain before being able to apply for ILR. Additionally the ILR qualifying period is expected to be made 5 years soon...

bruce3000
Newly Registered

Post by bruce3000 » Thu Jan 05, 2006 12:22 am

Thanks for your help

Therefore is there any reason that I should change my travel plans to arrive on 15 March 2006. It seems strange to me that if what you are saying is true all persons hoping to get ILR under only HSMP would have to arrive on the date the Visa begins and not at any time after.

Under the proposed new requirements do we know how this will fit with the changes ie will the 3 year extension be extended to 4 years or will it be the case that persons coming to the Uk will not be eliglible for ITR on four years HSMP alone and will need to get some other LTR in addition. I guess this is all speculation until the law is changed

Dineshj
Newly Registered

Post by Dineshj » Thu Jan 05, 2006 11:14 am

One Year starts from your date of Entry in UK. Not from the date of Visa so do not worry above 1 month deficit.
As of now there is no indication of making 5 years. It may happen that it is not effective for people entered before some dates or got FLR before some dates. Donot worry still policy is in Air.

All the best