ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Backdated ILR for HSMP un JR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

web2005

Backdated ILR for HSMP un JR

Post by web2005 » Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:09 am

Can ILR be granted in back dates?

I qualify for ILR under HSMP JR. Completed 4 years in July 2009. I didn't apply for ILR as my visa is valid till July 2010. I will be applying for ILR in February next month.

Does anyone know if I can ask home office to back date the ILR to when I actually qualified so that I dont have to wait another year to apply for british citizenship?

I am adding my wife on the application. She was granted 1 year dependent visa valid till same time as myself. Does she qualify for ILR being depndent but having lived in the UK for only 1 year?

Please share your views.
Last edited by web2005 on Tue Jan 26, 2010 2:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kamalin10

Post by kamalin10 » Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:41 am

i think they do that anyway and you can apply for citexenship when you qualify for 5 years total residency - not 1 year from the date of ILR

web2005

Post by web2005 » Tue Jan 26, 2010 2:02 pm

kamalin10 wrote:i think they do that anyway and you can apply for citexenship when you qualify for 5 years total residency - not 1 year from the date of ILR
Thanks for your reply. British citizenship requirement for HSMP is that you must qualify 5 years residency including 1 year on ILR. Thats why I nedd back dated ILR so that I dont have to wait another year.