ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Issue with P60 and salary - Please Help!!

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

HMRB

Issue with P60 and salary - Please Help!!

Post by HMRB » Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:26 am

I will be applying for ILR based on a 5 year work permit (with one employer) next month and the problem I face is that in the first 2 years I took unpaid leave and because I was not paid for those days the salary that shows up on those P60s is less than what was stated on the initial WP application form that the company filled out.

2005 : 60 days unpaid leave (All outside UK) - Personal problems
2006 : 8 days unpaid leave (All in UK)
2007 : Absolutely no problem
2008 : Absolutely no problem

Will this be a problem when I am applying in person? Will they ask me questions about this?

Please advice. Thank you.

hsmp2tier1

Re: Issue with P60 and salary - Please Help!!

Post by hsmp2tier1 » Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:40 am

Firstly, the amount doesn't matter at all.
And on whether you are asked for your P60s depends on your luck as the consistency at the PEOs is appalling. 'Generally' if you have been with the same employer for the entire 5 year period then they ask for the last 3 payslips only and no P60's. That has been the case with me and one of my friends. But again, at the end of the day it all depends on the case worker.

HMRB

Hi

Post by HMRB » Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:53 am

Thank you this information means a lot to me! So the home office are not fussed if I was paid less in the first 3 years or so because I took unpaid leave? Should I only hand in the last 2 P60s or give them everything as they are not bothered about the amount anyway?

vinseh

Re: Issue with P60 and salary - Please Help!!

Post by vinseh » Tue Jan 26, 2010 12:42 pm

HMRB wrote:I will be applying for ILR based on a 5 year work permit (with one employer) next month and the problem I face is that in the first 2 years I took unpaid leave and because I was not paid for those days the salary that shows up on those P60s is less than what was stated on the initial WP application form that the company filled out.

2005 : 60 days unpaid leave (All outside UK) - Personal problems
2006 : 8 days unpaid leave (All in UK)
2007 : Absolutely no problem
2008 : Absolutely no problem

Will this be a problem when I am applying in person? Will they ask me questions about this?

Please advice. Thank you.
Hi HMRB,

I can't believe I have exactly the same problem. I am on WP and am about to apply for my ILR in March. In the 1st 2 years I was paid less cos of unpaid leave, out of which around 35 days is out of UK cos I went home for around 2 months to get married and after I cam back I took a few days off for the first few months to sort some stuff out including my house etc. Hence the first 2 P60s show less amount. I have been worried like anything but I have been told the same thing by members on this forum that the HO is not bothered about the amount. But my concern is what if they do pay attention and ask about it...you've got to convince them isn't it? But then unpaid leave shouldn't concern them as long as you've been employed by the same employer...I'm hoping that's the case...

Please let me know if you hear anything good/bad in this regard from anyone else.

Many thanks.

HMRB

Hi

Post by HMRB » Tue Jan 26, 2010 12:52 pm

Yeah what a coincidence! I have been worried sick about this as well. My solicitor says it is entirely on the discretion of the case worker and we just have to keep our fingers crossed. Also on the other forum someone told me to write this in the cover letter explaining that the first 2 years you took unpaid leave and the reason why.. but my problem is that I dont want to highlight the issue as they might not even notice otherwise.

What do you think.. include this in the cover letter or just let it be? Also are you going to show them all your P60s or just the ones which do not have this issue?

I am applying on Feb 26th and I will keep you posted on what happens if it can help you in any way.

vinseh

Re: Hi

Post by vinseh » Tue Jan 26, 2010 1:30 pm

HMRB wrote:Yeah what a coincidence! I have been worried sick about this as well. My solicitor says it is entirely on the discretion of the case worker and we just have to keep our fingers crossed. Also on the other forum someone told me to write this in the cover letter explaining that the first 2 years you took unpaid leave and the reason why.. but my problem is that I dont want to highlight the issue as they might not even notice otherwise.

What do you think.. include this in the cover letter or just let it be? Also are you going to show them all your P60s or just the ones which do not have this issue?

I am applying on Feb 26th and I will keep you posted on what happens if it can help you in any way.
Honestly speaking, I wouldn't want to highlight it myself. Because we might just be worried for no reason. After all, whos to say how many days off we require/take for any reason, even the resident workers take without pay leaves don't they.

Also, it's surprising that your solicitor said it's on the caseworker's discretion, mine says that they aren't bothered about the amount. Even the solicitors are not consistent are they? We'll just keep our fingers crossed, and sincerely I wish you all the very best.

Additionally, I think we should show all the P60s, reason being if you show them all they might not pay attention to the amount and won't ask a question but on the other hand if you don't they may get fussy about the missing P60s and then if you produce them later it might be a problem...what do you think?

Keep me posted...