ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HSMP to Tier1 extension - Advice needed

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

iceCold

HSMP to Tier1 extension - Advice needed

Post by iceCold » Sat Jan 23, 2010 9:12 pm

Hello,
I will be extending my visa from HSMP to Tier-1(general) along with my wife. Following is the document checklist:

1)Cover Letter
2)Tier1 Extension Application
3)Passport
4)PBS Calculator - assessment summary
5)Letter explaining earnings and company contact information.
6)Last 12 months payslips.
7)Bank statement for the period covering the last 12 months.
8)Extension Application - Dependent
9)Passport - Dependent

Have a couple of queries :

1) Am I right in thinking that the following documents need not be submitted for the extension process?
a)Bachelors degree certificate.
b)English language requirement letter from university.
c)Marriage certificate.

2) My surname does not appear in the passport, but does show in all other documents. Had submitted a letter from a lawyer in India during the initial application. Now during the extension phase, do I need a letter from a UK lawyer or the same letter should be good enough?

I would grealy appreciate if some of the experienced posters could resolve my quries. Thanks in advance.

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Re: HSMP to Tier1 extension - Advice needed

Post by tvn_ramesh » Sat Jan 23, 2010 9:38 pm

iceCold wrote:Hello,
I will be extending my visa from HSMP to Tier-1(general) along with my wife. Following is the document checklist:

1)Cover Letter
2)Tier1 Extension Application
3)Passport
4)PBS Calculator - assessment summary
5)Letter explaining earnings and company contact information.
6)Last 12 months payslips.
7)Bank statement for the period covering the last 12 months.
8)Extension Application - Dependent
9)Passport - Dependent

Have a couple of queries :

1) Am I right in thinking that the following documents need not be submitted for the extension process?
a)Bachelors degree certificate.
b)English language requirement letter from university.
c)Marriage certificate.

2) My surname does not appear in the passport, but does show in all other documents. Had submitted a letter from a lawyer in India during the initial application. Now during the extension phase, do I need a letter from a UK lawyer or the same letter should be good enough?

I would grealy appreciate if some of the experienced posters could resolve my quries. Thanks in advance.
Photos 2 each..

pls make sure u use latest dependents application form..

I will still send marriage certficate again;

Had submitted a letter from a lawyer in India during the initial application. -- should be enough

iceCold

Post by iceCold » Tue Jan 26, 2010 2:28 pm

Hi tvn,
Thanks for the the response. I think you are right, i will resend the marriage cert. By most recent application you mean the following right? Please correct me if I am not using the latest ones:

1)Application for initial entry (switching) or extension of stay within Tier 1 (General) - main applicant. Valid from 1 October 2009

2)Application for an extension of stay as a dependant of a points-based system migrant (Updated on 15 Jan 2010)

Thank you very much.

P.N : Just wanted to bring to everyones attention that one of my friends application was rejected because he used the same photos he had used for the main application. They sent back the application asking him to use the most recent photo the next time. Hope it helps.

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Tue Jan 26, 2010 2:44 pm

iceCold wrote:Hi tvn,
Thanks for the the response. I think you are right, i will resend the marriage cert. By most recent application you mean the following right? Please correct me if I am not using the latest ones:

1)Application for initial entry (switching) or extension of stay within Tier 1 (General) - main applicant. Valid from 1 October 2009

2)Application for an extension of stay as a dependant of a points-based system migrant (Updated on 15 Jan 2010)

- YES, they are the recent applications

Thank you very much.

P.N : Just wanted to bring to everyones attention that one of my friends application was rejected because he used the same photos he had used for the main application. They sent back the application asking him to use the most recent photo the next time. Hope it helps.

- Photos should not be older than 1month, be safe than sorry everybody

iceCold

Post by iceCold » Tue Jan 26, 2010 4:35 pm

tvn, thanks again for the accurate and quick responses. Very helpful.

iceCold

Post by iceCold » Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:08 am

Hi sorry if this is a dumb question but can you please advice me on the royal mail special delivery.
1) Do I buy a special cover from Royal mail or should I buy an ordinaly cover on which Royal mail will then stamp?
2)Also should the special delivery return cover be folded and kept inside the same cover?
3) What kind of cover do applicants normally use? Is it the light green cover which can be bought from any stationary shop?

Thanks.