ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Lutus
Newly Registered

Naturalisation

Post by Lutus » Tue Jan 26, 2010 4:51 pm

Anybody had this or similar experience? . Applied for wife and I in August 07 . Additional info was requested and submitted Feb 09 and receipt acknowledged. Now today, two letters one for myself and one for wife arrive. My one stating that I did not submit Part 2 of my P21 for 2008 back in February and that I must now resubmit 2008 P21 before processing can continue. My wifes letter asking that she confirm how she was supporting herself while she was resident in Ireland.

It seemed generally that 1 year after additional info was requested that approval would be obtained. I am now concerned that it will take another year . Its seems coincidental that we both receive a letter on same day requesting different info. Its almost as though they are looking for excuses not to process.

Anybody in a similar situation?

craicindublin

Post by craicindublin » Tue Jan 26, 2010 5:08 pm

hi there,
***What grounds did you apply for Nautralization on???
****How long are you living here in ireland ???
****were you or your wife ever on Dole??
****Do you have any convictions???

i applied for mine when they used to deal with them in dublin on the Quays. Now the department is transfered to Tipreary or something. I submited mine bout two an a half to 3 years ago and when i contacted them they refused to talk to me over the phone. I wrote to them bout 6 months ago or so and got a reply which stated that they were processing applications received in eary 2006. Now they are ordered to delay the process in the mean time if your circumstances changes (such as you loosing your job and applyin for dole etc) than they take them into consideration and once they have enough to refuse you on they process your application and refuse.
My best advice would be to hire a solicitor and do it that way send them papers from ya solicitor asking for a full report if they refuse you and obviously than your solicitor will tell you what to do next.
I am married to an irish national for last 6 years have 5 year old daughter and i am still waiting for naturalization and leave to remain visa.
cheers
Solz

Lutus
Newly Registered

Post by Lutus » Tue Jan 26, 2010 5:24 pm

Applied on basis of work permit - I currently have Long Term residency visa. Never taken any SW payments and have no convictions. Everything by the book so far.

sideshowsue

Post by sideshowsue » Tue Jan 26, 2010 5:25 pm

I think it's a good sign. Your applications are at the top of the pile at the moment. I got my approval in late July 2009, and about 2 weeks before I got the approval, INIS contacted me requesting a photocopy of my most recent GNIB card and stamp in the passport. Like you, I thought that my application would be delayed indefinitely, but lo and behold, the letter came about 2 weeks after I sent the requested documents by registered post.

I wouldn't despair. Just send everything they request ASAP (keep photocopies just in case). They're just tying up the loose ends on your application before tidying it up for a final decision/submission to minister.

craicindublin

Post by craicindublin » Tue Jan 26, 2010 5:34 pm

yup thats grand i guess and good luck with it ...

***FYI sideshowsue
when did you apply for ya naturalization coz i know it for a fact that they process applications in a sequence NOT based on your clean history etc. So if i applied 3 years ago and than you applied after me your application will be processed after mine now i am NOT saying that it will not be looked after until mine is but once they have all the documents from your they will put it in the folder and time delay it meaning its ready to review when the turn comes .....

Cheers
Solz

sideshowsue

Post by sideshowsue » Tue Jan 26, 2010 5:41 pm

craicindublin wrote:yup thats grand i guess and good luck with it ...

***FYI sideshowsue
when did you apply for ya naturalization coz i know it for a fact that they process applications in a sequence NOT based on your clean history etc. So if i applied 3 years ago and than you applied after me your application will be processed after mine now i am NOT saying that it will not be looked after until mine is but once they have all the documents from your they will put it in the folder and time delay it meaning its ready to review when the turn comes .....

Cheers
Solz

I'm sorry, I don't quite understand the point you're making here. My application has already been cleared from the queue and approved. My timelines are as follows:

I applied in August 2006 and got my approval in July 2009.

I applied on the basis of 5-year residency in Ireland.

craicindublin

Post by craicindublin » Tue Jan 26, 2010 6:01 pm

FYI sideshowsue

I thought you meant his application is going to be dealt in lesser time coz he provided DOJ with everything as you said -->> Your applications are at the top of the pile at the moment.
I just picked it as if you meant he will get the reply quicker than the people who applied before him which is NOT going to be the case in INIS they work on applications in a sequence they are received. You applied in 2006 and i applied in 2007 i think so if you got yours in 2009 i presume i will be getting mine too. The average waiting time for the application is upto 4 to 7 years and thats what the lady from INIS told me on the phone.

respect
Solz

Lutus
Newly Registered

Post by Lutus » Tue Jan 26, 2010 6:07 pm

Thanks Sideshow. Thats good news . All I can do is comply and see what happens.

Friend of mine had his application processed approved and cert received all in about 20 mnths without any request for additional info. Process seems completely random.

craicindublin

Post by craicindublin » Tue Jan 26, 2010 6:14 pm

okie guys once your naturalization is approved can you apply for passport straight away by filling up passport fourm or what ???

sideshowsue

Post by sideshowsue » Tue Jan 26, 2010 7:29 pm

craicindublin wrote:FYI sideshowsue

I just picked it as if you meant he will get the reply quicker than the people who applied before him which is NOT going to be the case in INIS they work on applications in a sequence they are received. You applied in 2006 and i applied in 2007 i think so if you got yours in 2009 i presume i will be getting mine too. The average waiting time for the application is upto 4 to 7 years and thats what the lady from INIS told me on the phone.

respect
Solz
INIS don't strictly follow their stated rule that applications are processed in the order they're received. A quick look at the following spreadsheet supports this view: http://www.editgrid.com/explore/user/sc ... nship_apps

My point is that if INIS have been in contact with the OP even after the OP had submitted the additional documents a year ago, my own personal experience tells me that this is good news. To me, it means that the caseworker is tying up loose ends and tidying up the application before the final submission to the minister.

All this is pure speculation and is based entirely on my own experience, but as with everything that concerns the INIS, there are inconsistencies and incongruities all over the place.

Just don't be misled by the rubbish that the INIS spouts about applications being dealt with in the order they're received. This is complete nonsense and patently false.
Last edited by sideshowsue on Tue Jan 26, 2010 7:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sideshowsue

Post by sideshowsue » Tue Jan 26, 2010 7:34 pm

craicindublin wrote:okie guys once your naturalization is approved can you apply for passport straight away by filling up passport fourm or what ???
You will receive a letter informing you that your application for a certificate of naturalisation has been approved. In this letter, there will be instructions of what to do next, namely (1) take the oath in an open court. Once you've taken the oath and the judge has signed it, you then post it back to INIS along with the requisite fee, photos and your GNIB card.

You then wait. And wait. And wait some more. Currently people are waiting 3 months or longer to receive the certificate. Once you get the certificate, you can then apply for the passport. In short: approval> certificate of naturalisation > passport.

nanette
Member of Standing

Post by nanette » Tue Jan 26, 2010 8:57 pm

Hi Lutus,

this what I would do if I was you.

Step 0. Always make copies of every document you sent + Always send via registered post.

Step 1. Call Social Welfare ask for the record department
Tel: 01 704 3000
Request a letter for you and your wife regarding stating whether you are in receipt of any social benefits. You need to have your PPS numbers ready when call.
Expected:
=======
Two letters for you and your wife. It usually take 3 working days. Make copies of them and send the original plus the official state envelope from which its comes. Sending the envelop is just for clarity sake.

Step 2. Translate your mariage certificate in English if you were not married here.
Expected:
=======
Ensure that the company tha translates this provides you with two copies. It should cost you roughly 60 euros. But it is important and INIS won't have any other excuse.

Step 3. Request P21 for you and your wife.
NOTE: if your wife has not been working then, you need to write a letter stating that you are married since for example 2000 and point them the translated marriage certificate. If she's been working them her P21 should do it.
Expected:
=======
Your P21 and your wife P21 or a letter from you.

Step4: Is complementary of Step3
If you can avail all your P60's since you applied then include their copies for sending to INIS. No excuse to them.

Step5: If you have a bank statement common account with your wife
Then produce that too for the last 3 months and assuming it has some money in it (say 5K) then that good too.

Step6: If you bought a house with your house and in both names
Then produce the paper on this too (just copies) for both.

Step7. Utility bills that have both your name.

Step8. Letter of your employer if you are still working

Step9: Write a chart letter to guide them.
Basically write a letter tell him them that you are replaying in relation to the letter the sent you (which you should enclose a copy as well) and list what included in the envelop.
example (this applies to your wife too):
I've included the following documents for your perusal
1. My latest P21 you requested.
2. Copies of my P60 since I've been working in the country.
3. Translated and copy of my marriage certificate in english
4. Letter of my employer that shows I am working in Ireland
5. Join Bank statement for me and my wife
6. Utility bills with my name and that is of my wife
7. Property document for me and my wife that own a property.
8. Letter from the Government (social welfare) that confirms that I am not receipt of any payments.
etc...

Quick question, is your wife working ?

I hope this helps you and it should put INIS on the spot and no more excuses to delay you.

Nana (The girl to Bitch)

nanette
Member of Standing

Post by nanette » Tue Jan 26, 2010 9:01 pm

Include translated copies of your birth certificates as well.....the game here is no more excuses.
nanette wrote:Hi Lutus,

this what I would do if I was you.

Step 0. Always make copies of every document you sent + Always send via registered post.

Step 1. Call Social Welfare ask for the record department
Tel: 01 704 3000
Request a letter for you and your wife regarding stating whether you are in receipt of any social benefits. You need to have your PPS numbers ready when call.
Expected:
=======
Two letters for you and your wife. It usually take 3 working days. Make copies of them and send the original plus the official state envelope from which its comes. Sending the envelop is just for clarity sake.

Step 2. Translate your mariage certificate in English if you were not married here.
Expected:
=======
Ensure that the company tha translates this provides you with two copies. It should cost you roughly 60 euros. But it is important and INIS won't have any other excuse.

Step 3. Request P21 for you and your wife.
NOTE: if your wife has not been working then, you need to write a letter stating that you are married since for example 2000 and point them the translated marriage certificate. If she's been working them her P21 should do it.
Expected:
=======
Your P21 and your wife P21 or a letter from you.

Step4: Is complementary of Step3
If you can avail all your P60's since you applied then include their copies for sending to INIS. No excuse to them.

Step5: If you have a bank statement common account with your wife
Then produce that too for the last 3 months and assuming it has some money in it (say 5K) then that good too.

Step6: If you bought a house with your house and in both names
Then produce the paper on this too (just copies) for both.

Step7. Utility bills that have both your name.

Step8. Letter of your employer if you are still working

Step9: Write a chart letter to guide them.
Basically write a letter tell him them that you are replaying in relation to the letter the sent you (which you should enclose a copy as well) and list what included in the envelop.
example (this applies to your wife too):
I've included the following documents for your perusal
1. My latest P21 you requested.
2. Copies of my P60 since I've been working in the country.
3. Translated and copy of my marriage certificate in english
4. Letter of my employer that shows I am working in Ireland
5. Join Bank statement for me and my wife
6. Utility bills with my name and that is of my wife
7. Property document for me and my wife that own a property.
8. Letter from the Government (social welfare) that confirms that I am not receipt of any payments.
etc...

Quick question, is your wife working ?

I hope this helps you and it should put INIS on the spot and no more excuses to delay you.

Nana (The girl to Bitch)

Lutus
Newly Registered

Post by Lutus » Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:26 am

Thanks Nanette

I will try that. To answer your question, no my wife is not working. Perhaps you know - does child benefit and drugs payment scheme constitutes Social Welfare ?

victor8600

Post by victor8600 » Wed Jan 27, 2010 11:06 am

Lutus wrote:Thanks Nanette

I will try that. To answer your question, no my wife is not working. Perhaps you know - does child benefit and drugs payment scheme constitutes Social Welfare ?
I think those are "Social Welfare" payments. However, the general purpose of the documents sent in support of your appication is to show that you were and are legally resident in the country, and you are not a burden to the state. I doubt that those payments can be construed as a significant burden to the Irish state.

Just forward the letter from your local SWO to the Naturalisation Dept. (the letter from step 1 from nanette's guide ;)) and hope for the best.
All your base are belong to us