ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

confused pls help

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

babyflo
Newly Registered

confused pls help

Post by babyflo » Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:20 pm

hi everyone need help pls.

my daugther born here in UK July 2005 she has a 5 year visa on her passport as my dependant that time but I brought her back in my country after 6 mos she was born here, she is turning 5 yrs old this year. I am naturalized British citizen now and I am going to get her back here in UK this coming July for good.

Can I still use her old visa to get here since the visa still valid till Sept 2010 but she is illigitimate child the time she was born and her old visa still on my name, she has a new passport now as me and her father already married? If not what kind of visa should I apply a settlement visa or british citizen as she was born here in UK but I don't have ILR yet the time she was born here? And is it true that I am going to pay £1650 for her settlement visa?

Pls enlighten me as I am going to put the application this coming March. Many thanks.

f2k
Diamond Member

Post by f2k » Wed Jan 27, 2010 5:41 pm

because your child was born here and you are now settled, well you are now a BC, your child has 'entitlement to register' as a BC.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=40944

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/briti ... /borninuk/

navigate on the UKBA site to get the MN1 form and guidance notes.

Dont waste any money applying for settlement visa cause she doesnt need that. Its about £460 to apply for the registration and about £40 for a passport

babyflo
Newly Registered

Post by babyflo » Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:29 pm

f2k wrote:because your child was born here and you are now settled, well you are now a BC, your child has 'entitlement to register' as a BC.

Dont waste any money applying for settlement visa cause she doesnt need that. Its about £460 to apply for the registration and about £40 for a passport
thanks for the reply. my daugther is in my country right now, what requirements should i present to the embassy for her to register as a BC and to have a UK passport? Many thanks again!