ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

TIMELINE AFTER NATURALISATION APPLICATION SUBMISSION

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

indianadr
United Kingdom

Post by indianadr » Wed Jan 27, 2010 4:17 am

Eskar wrote:exactly. they will give your all orginal documents back ...same as NCS. Source .my dad applied for his 1st british passport by this service.
global gypsy wrote:
Eskar wrote:it is way of applying passport where you go to the post office with your application form and document and they check your document and give back to you and send the form to the authority, more like NCS but it cost you like tenna
What does 'Check and Send' refer to?
Does this mean that the post office would check the foreign passport and naturalisation certificate we provide them (these are the essential documents required), and return these documents to us before sending out the passport application form?
No. Not like NCS. Post Office WILL NOT give back your original documentation (foreign passport & Naturalisation Certificate). They mearely check the passport application for correctness ie., name, spelling, DOB, Place of birth etc. They will then send the docs along with fees and application, to IPS

Your original docs will come back in secure mail if you have ticked that on the passport form.

Hope this helps.

Mallik

Spartac

Re: TIMELINE AFTER APPLICATION SUBMISSION HERE, PLEASE?

Post by Spartac » Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:55 am

[quote="MsKay"]Hi Kindley

[quote="kindley"]Hello Mskay,

Considering the fact that most postal applications on here are decided after 2 months of postage to the HO, is it the regular practice of the HO to hand postal applications to a caseworker after a month or thereabout after it was posted or received by them?

[/quote]

I submitted my application through NCS, the Ho processing times do vary have a look through the older posts. Average wait is around 6-8 weeks at the moment. In my case and I maybe wrong I think after payment cleared the bakground checks were made and once information was recieved my application was passed to a case worker who reviewed the findings and made a decision.

A friend of mine recieved her family application back within three weeks so it's any body's guess as to how they handle cases.

Good Luck[/quote]

Hi MsKay,

The average wait seems to be about 5 weeks in the past 4 or 5 months. I think your case is slightly different as you submitted just before Christmas and your application just sat with them till they took the payment out on the 8th. If they have already made a decision that has been exceptionally quick, if you ignore the Christmas delay.

Best of luck - Spartac

global gypsy
United Kingdom

Post by global gypsy » Wed Jan 27, 2010 11:42 am

indianadr wrote:No. Not like NCS. Post Office WILL NOT give back your original documentation (foreign passport & Naturalisation Certificate). They mearely check the passport application for correctness ie., name, spelling, DOB, Place of birth etc. They will then send the docs along with fees and application, to IPS

Your original docs will come back in secure mail if you have ticked that on the passport form.

Hope this helps.

Mallik
Thanks for the clarification.
Hmm, so post office check & send doesn't add much value to the application process. I do feel quite uncomfortable having to send original documents (esp my foreign passport) by mail. But I suppose we don't have a choice. It would be nice if they could provide an NCS type of service where our original documents are verified and returned to us.

I take it this means one can't make any foreign travel plans for the 4-6 weeks it could take for the passport process to be completed?

global gypsy
United Kingdom

Post by global gypsy » Wed Jan 27, 2010 12:35 pm

My updated timeline thus far:

NCS or Postal: NCS – Hounslow
Date of submission or posting: 16-Jan-2010
CRITERIA - 4 years HSMP JR + 1 year ILR (1 Adult)
Date of debit of credit card: 22-Jan-2010
Date of receipt of acknowledgement: 27-Jan-2010 (letter dt 21-Jan-2010)
Date of receipt of approval: Pending
Date of citizenship Ceremony: Pending
Date of passport application: Pending
Method used: Check and Send
Date for passport Interview: Pending
Date of Receipt of Passport: Pending

PCB
Newly Registered

progress update

Post by PCB » Wed Jan 27, 2010 12:59 pm

I tried reaching today again using 0151 672 5626 - 3,1,2 but no luck.

PCB

Eskar

Post by Eskar » Wed Jan 27, 2010 1:06 pm

sorry i guess i gave wrong information ...so far i remember that what was happen with my dad but anyway according to direct gov malik is right. Please accept my apology for the wrong information.

global gypsy wrote:
indianadr wrote:No. Not like NCS. Post Office WILL NOT give back your original documentation (foreign passport & Naturalisation Certificate). They mearely check the passport application for correctness ie., name, spelling, DOB, Place of birth etc. They will then send the docs along with fees and application, to IPS

Hope this helps.

Mallik
Thanks for the clarification.
Hmm, so post office check & send doesn't add much value to the application process. I do feel quite uncomfortable having to send original documents (esp my foreign passport) by mail. But I suppose we don't have a choice. It would be nice if they could provide an NCS type of service where our original documents are verified and returned to us.

I take it this means one can't make any foreign travel plans for the 4-6 weeks it could take for the passport process to be completed?

Eskar

Post by Eskar » Wed Jan 27, 2010 1:21 pm

Again sory about the wrong information but i still remember that my dad said he got his British Naturalization Certificate Back. May b i just did not get what he said or they have chnaged it recently.

however congrats to your 1st step. i just dnt get how come it took 6 days to receive a 2nd class letter. i suppose they do not post it on the it written on top of the letter.
global gypsy wrote:My updated timeline thus far:

NCS or Postal: NCS – Hounslow
Date of submission or posting: 16-Jan-2010
CRITERIA - 4 years HSMP JR + 1 year ILR (1 Adult)
Date of debit of credit card: 22-Jan-2010
Date of receipt of acknowledgement: 27-Jan-2010 (letter dt 21-Jan-2010)

Eskar

Re: progress update

Post by Eskar » Wed Jan 27, 2010 1:28 pm

try to call in morning time when they receive less call
PCB wrote:I tried reaching today again using 0151 672 5626 - 3,1,2 but no luck.

PCB
Last edited by Eskar on Wed Jan 27, 2010 2:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Eskar

Post by Eskar » Wed Jan 27, 2010 1:44 pm

any good news today??? what about your local council??
MsKay wrote:Hi Eskar

HO recieved my documents on the 22nd December, Money deucted 8th Jan. I called the HO last wednesday and the guy said it was handed to case worker on 18th Jan so i guess they made a decision 2 days later. I really hope that i am approved as it has been a very stressful wait.

Will keep you posted
Eskar wrote:MsKay. good luck to your final count down. your precious moment are now just waiting to ring your doorbell. but i just dnt their service you calld yesterda and some1 confimed that it is still pending no decision has been made so far. and you calld 2da ..now they informed it has been decided on 20 Jan. i suppose you will get post by 2morrow after all 2nd class mail cant expect quicker. by the way how long did it take.
[/quote][/quote]

keshgrover
Member of Standing

Post by keshgrover » Wed Jan 27, 2010 2:21 pm

Mskay,

Another couple of days and you will have good news. If you recieve the invitation letter on Friday you can still do it same day private ceremony.

Eskar, Hang on there mate you will have your good news soon too.

PCB, Best time to call them 9 in the morning or 4pm. Keep on trying. I am sure good news is waiting for you at another end.

Kindly and Spartac, have you guys heard any thing. Usually HO takes one week to make decision from the date they take money out of your account.

May God bless you all.
KESH

Eskar

Post by Eskar » Wed Jan 27, 2010 2:32 pm

cheers mate but just a week. so no rush. but i found the forum very interesting people from different cultures and ethnic back ground. but as you r pretty expert does time line very for the family immigrant as i came to uk on a dependent visa with my father even though i applied for BC myself as i become over 18.
keshgrover wrote:Mskay,

Another couple of days and you will have good news. If you recieve the invitation letter on Friday you can still do it same day private ceremony.

PCB, Best time to call them 9 in the morning or 4pm. Keep on trying. I am sure good news is waiting for you at another end.

Kindly and Spartac, have you guys heard any thing. Usually HO takes one week to make decision from the date they take money out of your account.

May God bless you all.

Spartac

Post by Spartac » Wed Jan 27, 2010 2:46 pm

[quote="keshgrover"]Mskay,

May God bless you all.[/quote]

Hey Kesh,

Congrats on getting through this last stage.

I'm about 15 days post submission so perhaps a bit soon. Did call the Nationality Contract Centre today but got nothing from them except that they can't give progress details of applications less than 6 months old - a standard line I guess.

So just waiting and hoping they have picked up their pace post Christmas / New Year and that my application is considered really straightforward and dealt with swiftly.

Regards - Spartac

MsKay

Post by MsKay » Wed Jan 27, 2010 8:08 pm

Hey Guys

No letter today maybe tomorrow will keep you posted.

Eskar

timeline

Post by Eskar » Wed Jan 27, 2010 8:16 pm

Here is quick update, i got acknoledge letter. they didnt even write my first name and i share a letter box as i live in the university campus hope there is no other guy with my surname but one thing it said north west region . does it mean there are different team for different region

NCS or Postal: NCS – Lancashire
Date of submission or posting: 20 Jan 2010
CRITERIA - 5 years - 3 month dependent visa + 4 yr and 7 month ILR
Date of debit of debit/credit card: Transcash
Date of receipt of acknowledgement: 27 Jan, 2010 [dated 23 jan]

keshgrover
Member of Standing

Post by keshgrover » Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:04 pm

Eskar wrote:cheers mate but just a week. so no rush. but i found the forum very interesting people from different cultures and ethnic back ground. but as you r pretty expert does time line very for the family immigrant as i came to uk on a dependent visa with my father even though i applied for BC myself as i become over 18.
keshgrover wrote:Mskay,

May God bless you all.
It all depends application to application. However, family applications seems tobe quicker then others.

Regards
KESH

garichd

Post by garichd » Wed Jan 27, 2010 11:15 pm

HI All,

Below is my timeline, Hopefully It will help those who applied mid December.

NCS or Postal: NCS
Date of submission or posting: 17 Dec 2009
CRITERIA - 5 years WP + I year ILR
Date of debit of debit/credit card: 05 Jan 2010
Date of receipt of acknowledgement: 14 Jan, 2010 [dated 07 Jan]
Date of receipt of approval: 25 Jan 2010 (Dated 18 Jan)
Date of citizenship Ceremony: 28 Jan 2010 (Doing a Private Ceremony)
Method used: Pending

To summarise, I got the approval in 5 weeks (It’s fast considering the Christmas/New Year’s holidays in between)

chakku71

Update

Post by chakku71 » Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:11 am

Applicants- Husband & wife (Indians)
Application- Postal
Criteria- HSMP (4yrs) + ILR (1yr) (ILR was backdated based on the judicial review)
Date of submission- 30th Nov.09
Date of receipt at Home Office-1/12/09
Metord of payment- Cheque
Cheque debited from account- 11/12/09
Acknowledgement letter dated 07/12/09
Documents back by post on 16/12/09
Letter inviting for ceremony (dt 12/12/09) received on 18/12/09
Citizenship ceremony 13/1/10
Applied for passport (by post, paid by credit card) 14/1/10
Letter inviting for interview received on 20/01/10
Interview booked for 21/01/10
Passport received on 25/01/10

So a very quick turn around, impressed

Applied for surrender certificate by post (CGI Birm.) 27/01/10
BB

Eskar

Re: Update

Post by Eskar » Thu Jan 28, 2010 3:30 pm

congratulation but one thing im confused you got acknowledgement letter before the clearance of cheque payment.
chakku71 wrote:Applicants- Husband & wife (Indians)
Application- Postal
Criteria- HSMP (4yrs) + ILR (1yr) (ILR was backdated based on the judicial review)
Date of submission- 30th Nov.09
Date of receipt at Home Office-1/12/09
Metord of payment- Cheque
Cheque debited from account- 11/12/09
Acknowledgement letter dated 07/12/09
Documents back by post on 16/12/09
Letter inviting for ceremony (dt 12/12/09) received on 18/12/09
Citizenship ceremony 13/1/10
Applied for passport (by post, paid by credit card) 14/1/10
Letter inviting for interview received on 20/01/10
Interview booked for 21/01/10
Passport received on 25/01/10

So a very quick turn around, impressed

Applied for surrender certificate by post (CGI Birm.) 27/01/10

Spartac

Post by Spartac » Thu Jan 28, 2010 4:00 pm

Hi Eskar,

They probably cleared the cheque earlier than 11/12 but didnt withdraw the money, hence the acknowledgement letter.

I paid by debt card, the payment was approved on 18/01 but didnt hit my account till 19/01. The Bank told me that the HO haven't withdrawn the money yet, although the payment had been cleared. My letter was dated 18/01, a day earlier than my account was actually debited.

Don't think this is anything to be concerned about.

MsKay - Don't suppose the letter has hit your mailbox yet?

Regards - Spartac

Eskar

Post by Eskar » Thu Jan 28, 2010 4:18 pm

thanks spartac. didnt much about banking eventhough im a student of finance :P. i was asked a question last time. is there different nationality team for different region. becuasae my acknowledgment said northwest region. acknowledgement letter recevied yesterday now precious waiting time :)
Spartac wrote:Hi Eskar,

They probably cleared the cheque earlier than 11/12 but didnt withdraw the money, hence the acknowledgement letter.

I paid by debt card, the payment was approved on 18/01 but didnt hit my account till 19/01. The Bank told me that the HO haven't withdrawn the money yet, although the payment had been cleared. My letter was dated 18/01, a day earlier than my account was actually debited.

Don't think this is anything to be concerned about.

MsKay - Don't suppose the letter has hit your mailbox yet?

Regards - Spartac

MsKay

Post by MsKay » Thu Jan 28, 2010 8:19 pm

Spartac wrote: MsKay - Don't suppose the letter has hit your mailbox yet?
No Letter today called the council and left a message, so hopefully will hear good news tomorrow.

kindley

Post by kindley » Thu Jan 28, 2010 10:06 pm

MsKay wrote:
No Letter today called the council and left a message, so hopefully will hear good news tomorrow.
MSkay,

It'll come.

Good luck!
Last edited by kindley on Thu Jan 28, 2010 10:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Always Seek Further Opinion (ASFO)

Eskar

Post by Eskar » Thu Jan 28, 2010 10:07 pm

No worries MsKay Tomorrow might be your day :)

Not very much post coming on this threat lately. :cry:

Anyone got anymore update :)
MsKay wrote:

mohamedmourad

???????/

Post by mohamedmourad » Fri Jan 29, 2010 4:00 pm

any news mskay ? in your post you say you called the ho on 25 and they told you your case undecided . how come they told you next day when you called again your case was decided on 20 and you have letter been sent to you on 22 ??????? im not understand
Last edited by mohamedmourad on Fri Jan 29, 2010 4:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mohamedmourad

Post by mohamedmourad » Fri Jan 29, 2010 4:03 pm

i heard if some one call ho to ask for apdate they may deley your application is that true ? i called ho 4 time now im worred now