ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Maintenance Funds: Dipped below £800 only for one day

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

pussinboots
Newly Registered

Maintenance Funds: Dipped below £800 only for one day

Post by pussinboots » Mon Jan 25, 2010 2:16 pm

I plan to apply for Tier 1 (general) and have a question about the maintenance funds requirement.

My problem is that during the last 3 months, on one of the days, my account went below £800. But I noticed this immediately, and put money back in my account and topped it up to £800 on the same day.

So my bank statement shows the following:

Before 29 Dec 2009:
Balance: £800

29 Dec 2009 :
£70 DR
£70 CR

My question is - would this still be okay? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

mubu

Post by mubu » Mon Jan 25, 2010 2:21 pm

So it was just 70 quid?

I would show some other account with more than 70 quid balance on that day, to be safe...can even be an account in another country (I think).

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Re: Maintenance Funds: Dipped below £800 only for one day

Post by tvn_ramesh » Mon Jan 25, 2010 2:27 pm

pussinboots wrote:I plan to apply for Tier 1 (general) and have a question about the maintenance funds requirement.

My problem is that during the last 3 months, on one of the days, my account went below £800. But I noticed this immediately, and put money back in my account and topped it up to £800 on the same day.

So my bank statement shows the following:

Before 29 Dec 2009:

29 Dec 2009 :
£70 DR
£70 CR

My question is - would this still be okay? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
No, it can be a problem if the bankstatement shows the balance during the day as 730£ or if the caseworker finds this..

as mubu mentioned..
Try to check if you have enough required funds (£70) in any of your other accounts in or out of UK and in one or more accounts in ur name or Joint accoutn holder name for that day and submit those bankstatements so that you are well protected.. please mention the same in ur cover letter that u r using so and so accounts for maintneance funds..

pussinboots
Newly Registered

Post by pussinboots » Wed Jan 27, 2010 8:53 am

Are you saying that you can have £800 spread over different accounts, i.e. that it is not necessary to have the whole amount of £800 in a single account?

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Post by aruni4470 » Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:41 am

pussinboots wrote:Are you saying that you can have £800 spread over different accounts, i.e. that it is not necessary to have the whole amount of £800 in a single account?
Yes, it can be spread over different accounts. The account should be in your name or a joint account where you should be named. Account can be of a UK bank or Non-UK bank.

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Post by ChetanOjha » Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:15 am

pussinboots wrote:Are you saying that you can have £800 spread over different accounts, i.e. that it is not necessary to have the whole amount of £800 in a single account?
Yes. It should be your account. Also mention in your cover letter that you are showing combined sum from your accounts and it is over £800.

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:25 am

Yes Right.. it can be spread over more than 1account IN or OUT of UK but in all those accounts you shd be an main or joint account holder.. if u are using such combination pls make sure u mention it in the cover letter so that CW knows it beforehand..