ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA permit before moving to UK

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

lapi75
Newly Registered

EEA permit before moving to UK

Post by lapi75 » Wed Jan 27, 2010 12:29 pm

Hello to everyone!

Me and my wife are planing to move to UK in spring time.
I am an EEA national - Slovenian and my wife is Japanese so non-EEA family member. We've been married since oct. 2008 (in Slovenia) and living together since in Slovenia. My wife has temporary resident card valid for 5 years. She is looking for work for the past 1 year, but because language barrier she can't find any. That is why we decided to move to UK. We both speak English and have a university degree so we think we have better chance to both find work there. The plan is, that i'll look for work (on line) in the UK, and as soon i've got some positive replays we gonna submit for EEA family permit for my wife, and after approval we gonna fly there together.

Since i wont actually be employee at the time of arrival in UK i am wondering on what grounds should i prove my right of residency for the EEA family permit. I had fill the online application for EEA family permit just for test (not submitted yet) and actually no questions regarding my stay or work in uK pops up since i marked that i am presently not in the UK and that we are traveling together.

So my question is, what documentation do we need to add to EEA family permit application in this case? Do we need to obtain some health insurance before we travel to UK? Do i have to prove with some bank slips that i can support myself and my wife?

I read on some posts that actually you don't need to prove your right to residency before arriving to UK, but you need to obtain the right in first 3 month living in UK (with finding work etc...). Is that true?

Thank you, and good day to you all!

Bostjan

86ti
Diamond Member

Re: EEA permit before moving to UK

Post by 86ti » Wed Jan 27, 2010 1:10 pm

lapi75 wrote:So my question is, what documentation do we need to add to EEA family permit application in this case? Do we need to obtain some health insurance before we travel to UK? Do i have to prove with some bank slips that i can support myself and my wife?
All you should need is your both passports and the marriage certificate. No other requirements for the first three months.

lapi75
Newly Registered

Post by lapi75 » Wed Jan 27, 2010 1:17 pm

Thx 86ti!

That sounds promising! - And almost too easy, hope it is true :)

Thank you again 86ti!

86ti
Diamond Member

Post by 86ti » Wed Jan 27, 2010 1:23 pm

Well, actually your case may be slightly more complicated because you are an A8 national. Check http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/eucit ... ropeanlaw/ and read about the Worker Registration Scheme but I believe that should only be of relevance once your are in the UK.

lapi75
Newly Registered

Post by lapi75 » Wed Jan 27, 2010 1:32 pm

Hello 86ti!

Yes i read about it, i know that once i start working in the UK i have to register under workers registration scheme. And i can not get registration certificate until work for 12 months which means - my wife also can't get residence card but instead she can get FMRS - Family member residence stamp.

But like you said and as i understand all that shouldn't affect to obtain her EEA family permit for first move to UK, but rather our life after entering and start working in UK.

Thanks very much again for your help 86it!!!

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Wed Jan 27, 2010 1:54 pm

lapi75 wrote:Hello 86ti!

Yes i read about it, i know that once i start working in the UK i have to register under workers registration scheme. And i can not get registration certificate until work for 12 months which means - my wife also can't get residence card but instead she can get FMRS - Family member residence stamp.

But like you said and as i understand all that shouldn't affect to obtain her EEA family permit for first move to UK, but rather our life after entering and start working in UK.

Thanks very much again for your help 86it!!!
Be aware tho, things are grim here in the UK jobwise, so I suspect you might need a fair bit of saving to tide you over or take a fairly menial job for a while...
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

lapi75
Newly Registered

Post by lapi75 » Wed Jan 27, 2010 5:37 pm

I am aware of that Wanderer. But for the time present i still have work here in Slovenia as system engineer in telecommunication so we are not desperate to move. So we are not gonna move until we have some work arrange in front. The crisis have to end sooner or later anyway :)

Thx for the comment!

B