ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Please help - ILR - More than 180 days outside UK

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

xyz123

Please help - ILR - More than 180 days outside UK

Post by xyz123 » Mon Jan 25, 2010 2:21 pm

Hi

First of all thanks in advance for reading this post. It is slightly long but i have tried to give all details.

I am due to be complete my 5 years on combined work permit and Tier 1 in Sept 10. During 5 years i have been out of UK on number of occassions both business and personal.

My total absences are more than 180 days over 5 years. No absences were for more than 90 days at a stretch.

What documents will i need to have best chance for ILR. My two major visits (6 weeks each time) were due to business work. There were also other business visits. Approximate total days outside UK on business are 110. Other 90 (approx) are personal.

If i ask my employer for a letter, what information is the employer required to provide in the letter. How shall i apply? In person or by post?

My first absence from UK on work permit visa was in Jan' 06 for 3 weeks. If i discount this i come back under 180 days (just, total absence becomes 179 days). Shall i wait unti Feb '11 so i can omit this absence and hence would come under 180 days?

when do the new rules come in place? If i apply in Feb '11 will i still be eligible for ILR on 5 year rule.

Finally I have seen a post on this forum saying the limit is 225 days and that the days that one actually leaves and enters the country does not count. The post was dated some time in 2008. Can any one please confirm either way on 225 days?

Many thanks
XYZ

xyz123

Post by xyz123 » Thu Jan 28, 2010 11:30 am

anyone please?

diago_nelson

Post by diago_nelson » Thu Jan 28, 2010 11:52 am

It is not 225 days. It is 180 days.
If you explain your business leaves on letter from employer, that should suffice. Although I do not have more info on that.
Someone else can definitely help you on this.
xyz123 wrote:anyone please?

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Re: Please help - ILR - More than 180 days outside UK

Post by ChetanOjha » Thu Jan 28, 2010 1:21 pm

Get letter from your employer. Template here. Deduct business absenses(as confirmed by your employer in letter) from your total absense and you will be fine.

Your personal absenses are only 90 so you will be fine with employer letter.In the letter, make sure employer mention that absenses were business travels. Absenses Rule is for 180 days in 5 years out of which no more than 90 days(total) in the last year[excluding business travels].

You can apply either way i.e. Personal or Post. Personal application are preferred as you get decision on same day and it will save to worries for 3-4 months.

xyz123 wrote:Hi

First of all thanks in advance for reading this post. It is slightly long but i have tried to give all details.

I am due to be complete my 5 years on combined work permit and Tier 1 in Sept 10. During 5 years i have been out of UK on number of occassions both business and personal.

My total absences are more than 180 days over 5 years. No absences were for more than 90 days at a stretch.

What documents will i need to have best chance for ILR. My two major visits (6 weeks each time) were due to business work. There were also other business visits. Approximate total days outside UK on business are 110. Other 90 (approx) are personal.

If i ask my employer for a letter, what information is the employer required to provide in the letter. How shall i apply? In person or by post?

My first absence from UK on work permit visa was in Jan' 06 for 3 weeks. If i discount this i come back under 180 days (just, total absence becomes 179 days). Shall i wait unti Feb '11 so i can omit this absence and hence would come under 180 days?

when do the new rules come in place? If i apply in Feb '11 will i still be eligible for ILR on 5 year rule.

Finally I have seen a post on this forum saying the limit is 225 days and that the days that one actually leaves and enters the country does not count. The post was dated some time in 2008. Can any one please confirm either way on 225 days?

Many thanks
XYZ