ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

--------------

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

goodtimeassured

--------------

Post by goodtimeassured » Thu Jan 21, 2010 2:45 pm

----------
Last edited by goodtimeassured on Wed Jul 14, 2010 1:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ben
Diamond Member

Post by Ben » Thu Jan 21, 2010 3:13 pm

Hi goodtimeassured.

Together, you can go to any other EU country to live and work. You'll need an entry visa, but it will be free and issued as soon as possible.

After six months of your spouse working in another EU country, you can both move to the UK.
I am no longer posting publicly on this website - PM me if needed.

goodtimeassured

Post by goodtimeassured » Fri Jan 22, 2010 5:11 am

-------
Last edited by goodtimeassured on Wed Jul 14, 2010 1:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Fri Jan 22, 2010 7:41 am

goodtimeassured wrote:Thanks Benifa,

You mean I should get a entry visa for any EU country for free? What papers do I have to submit? DO you know any EU laws website which can explain the procedures please?

Thanks,
Search here, it's a popular topic.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

eldane
Mood:
Denmark

Six months?

Post by eldane » Fri Jan 22, 2010 11:04 am

Why six months?
After six months of your spouse working in another EU country, you can both move to the UK.
The European Court of Justice ruled in Franca Ninni-Orasche (C-413/01) http://eur-lex.europa.eu/LexUriServ/Lex ... 13:EN:HTML that a fixed-term contract of employment for ten weeks was sufficient for the applicant to be a worker under EU law. The case concerned educational grants and led to the issue of guidelines to the local authorities about when a person is deemed to be a worker. The guidelines concern employment relationships for which a short-term contract has been concluded in advance. The guidelines fix a minimum period of ten weeks for such situations. However, it should be emphasised that a concrete assessment must be made in each case.

Accordingly, an individual assessment must be made in each case, and the ten-week period fixed by the Court in the Ninni-Orasche judgment is thus only to be seen as an example of a situation in which ten weeks of employment were deemed to suffice to obtain EU residence card upon returning to the state off citizenship after having enjoyed community rights.

A Union citizen/an EEA national who has permanent employment, but ceases working after less than ten weeks, may satisfy the conditions for being a worker under EU law in certain circumstances, while another person having worked for more than ten weeks may not always satisfy the conditions because it is not genuine work or for other reasons.

Eldanes/Michael
Last edited by eldane on Fri Jan 22, 2010 11:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Good intentions are appreciated but results are what matters..

Ben
Diamond Member

Post by Ben » Fri Jan 22, 2010 11:08 am

I agree with you, eldane.

The UK, unfortunately, has a different opinion and requires UK nationals to have pursued economic activity in another Member State for at least six months, in order to be treated as an EEA national upon their return to the UK.

This can, of course, be contested - and should be.

eldane
Mood:
Denmark

Post by eldane » Fri Jan 22, 2010 11:14 am

Benifa, this can hardly be news to the UK government and can hardly be contested by the BBA as the British government were present during the negotiations in the court and during judgment announcement as per below. ...Its hardly a new judgment from EUC - it from 2003 so they have had sufficient time to implement it

Advocate General: L.A. Geelhoed,
Registrar: R. Grass,

after considering the written observations submitted on behalf of:

─
the Austrian Government, by H. Dossi, acting as Agent,

─
the Danish Government, by J. Molde, acting as Agent,

─
the German Government, by W.-D. Plessing and M. Lumma, acting as Agents,

─
the United Kingdom Government, by J.E. Collins, acting as Agent, and C. Lewis, barrister,

─
the Commission of the European Communities, by D. Martin and W. Bogensberger, acting as Agents,

having regard to the report of the Judge-Rapporteur,

after hearing the Opinion of the Advocate General at the sitting on 27 February 2003,
Good intentions are appreciated but results are what matters..

goodtimeassured

Post by goodtimeassured » Sat Jan 23, 2010 5:27 am

-----------------
Last edited by goodtimeassured on Wed Jul 14, 2010 1:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Sat Jan 23, 2010 7:54 am

goodtimeassured wrote:guys I am still looking. if someone knows this for sure can you confirm and guide me through the procedures please?

ta
have u searched?

goodtimeassured

Post by goodtimeassured » Sun Jan 24, 2010 7:51 am

--
Last edited by goodtimeassured on Wed Jul 14, 2010 1:05 pm, edited 3 times in total.

goodtimeassured

Post by goodtimeassured » Wed Jan 27, 2010 2:23 am

---------------
Last edited by goodtimeassured on Wed Jul 14, 2010 1:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ben
Diamond Member

Post by Ben » Wed Jan 27, 2010 8:30 am

goodtimeassured wrote:anyone???
Your question was answered long ago.

What more do you want?

Rozen
Diamond Member

Post by Rozen » Wed Jan 27, 2010 11:51 am

benifa wrote:Your question was answered long ago.

What more do you want?
Someone else to do the ground work, and then present it to him on a silver plate? :roll:

goodtimeassured

Post by goodtimeassured » Wed Jan 27, 2010 4:25 pm

----------------
Last edited by goodtimeassured on Wed Jul 14, 2010 1:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Wed Jan 27, 2010 5:26 pm

goodtimeassured wrote:
Rozen wrote:
benifa wrote:Your question was answered long ago.

What more do you want?
Someone else to do the ground work, and then present it to him on a silver plate? :roll:
rozen,

Is it wrong to ask for help? or is it wrong to share something you know which might take me a long time to look for? I guess I got the answers on the forums anyways., Thanks
Have u thought about the logistics? Which country? Language?

Is the prime motive to be with ur partner or to get to UK?

Sorry but I and others obviously suspect the latter.

goodtimeassured

Post by goodtimeassured » Wed Jan 27, 2010 5:51 pm

-----------
Last edited by goodtimeassured on Wed Jul 14, 2010 1:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Wed Jan 27, 2010 6:03 pm

goodtimeassured wrote:
Wanderer wrote:
goodtimeassured wrote:
Rozen wrote: Someone else to do the ground work, and then present it to him on a silver plate? :roll:
rozen,

Is it wrong to ask for help? or is it wrong to share something you know which might take me a long time to look for? I guess I got the answers on the forums anyways., Thanks
Have u thought about the logistics? Which country? Language?

Is the prime motive to be with ur partner or to get to UK?

Sorry but I and others obviously suspect the latter.
I dont know anything about you but one thing for sure there is certainly nothing great in being in the UK.
So why u wanna come here? I hate it too and I'm British....

Rozen
Diamond Member

Post by Rozen » Wed Jan 27, 2010 6:52 pm

goodtimeassured wrote: rozen,

Ofcourse not! But there is sumink wrong when a person keeps asking the same question just because he is not hearing what he wants to hear! I'm glad to hear you got the result you wanted from elsewhere, though!
goodtimeassured wrote:I dont know anything about you but one thing for sure there is certainly nothing great in being in the UK.
Which kinda leaves me bewildered as to why you're fighting so hard to go there! :roll:

goodtimeassured

Post by goodtimeassured » Thu Jan 28, 2010 12:00 pm

-----------
Last edited by goodtimeassured on Wed Jul 14, 2010 1:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rozen
Diamond Member

Post by Rozen » Thu Jan 28, 2010 12:15 pm

goodtimeassured wrote:Thanks but you dont need to judge anything.
Not judging. Just using my 'freedom of expression'!
goodtimeassured wrote:All the five fingers are not same.
Totally agree! Wouldn't it be strange if the hand consisted of just pinkies or thumbs?

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Thu Jan 28, 2010 2:12 pm

You can move as a couple to any other EU member state. The EU citizen will need to work or be studying or be self sufficient. The procedure is straight forward, free and low hassle.

It can be a lot of fun living in a new place. Germany is a wonderful place to live. And the Netherlands. France. Ireland.

Wherever you choose, enjoy yourself a lot while living there. Learn the language and make lots of money. And travel lots to other EU member states.

You can always move back to the UK in the future, but living other places can be a total blast!