ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

applying in person

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

adnanmirza

applying in person

Post by adnanmirza » Tue Jan 26, 2010 2:14 pm

hi,
I have a 3 months old baby for which I need to apply Tier 1 General visa. I am the main applicant and already have visa till year 2013.

Can we book via telephone all day? Do I need to take baby as well if applying in person. The online booking system looks crap as it is not giving me any appointment at all.

Please help

hsmpaspirant2008

Re: applying in person

Post by hsmpaspirant2008 » Tue Jan 26, 2010 4:06 pm

No dependants of Tier 1 General need not accompany main applicant for an in person appt.

Yes, online booking system is crap. Yes, you can book appt over phone all if they are available. Usually applicants gets appt over phone when called exactly around 8:58AM just before the rush starts and appts are taken up. If you do not get it on the first day, keep trying about 2-3 times a day until you get it. That is how I did it.
adnanmirza wrote:hi,
I have a 3 months old baby for which I need to apply Tier 1 General visa. I am the main applicant and already have visa till year 2013.

Can we book via telephone all day? Do I need to take baby as well if applying in person. The online booking system looks crap as it is not giving me any appointment at all.

Please help

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Tue Jan 26, 2010 4:35 pm

adnanmirza wrote:hi,

Please help
Is there any reason you want to go for only In person appointment? why dont you apply Dependent visa for your kid by post? maybe u have some reason for In person appointment..

adnanmirza

Post by adnanmirza » Thu Jan 28, 2010 1:49 pm

well we have to travel outside of UK and that is why I am looking for in person.

I will try again tomorrow at 8:58 AM as suggested by hsmpaspirant2008

Thanks for help. will keep you posted

adnanmirza

Post by adnanmirza » Thu Jan 28, 2010 1:53 pm

[quote="hsmpaspirant2008"]No dependants of Tier 1 General need not accompany main applicant for an in person appt.

Yes, online booking system is crap. Yes, you can book appt over phone all if they are available. Usually applicants gets appt over phone when called exactly around 8:58AM just before the rush starts and appts are taken up. If you do not get it on the first day, keep trying about 2-3 times a day until you get it. That is how I did it.

Did you try 2-3 times a day? If all appointments are booked in the morning is it worth trying in the afternoon. I have general feeling that if all appt are booked in the morning, there is no point calling them in the afternoon for tht day.

Please correct me if I am wrong

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Post by aruni4470 » Thu Jan 28, 2010 3:21 pm

I have general feeling that if all appt are booked in the morning, there is no point calling them in the afternoon for tht day.
There might be somebody who cancelled their appointment and that slot is up for taking. There is no harm in trying 2-3 times a day. You might get lucky. All the best.