ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Payslips do not match bank statements - HELP!

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

HMRB

Payslips do not match bank statements - HELP!

Post by HMRB » Thu Jan 28, 2010 10:11 am

Is this a problem? I am paid by cheque by my employer (I pay all my taxes and it shows on my payslips). What I did is when I used to put the cheque into my bank I used to deposit some money with it too and it shows as a total amount on the bank statement (some little cash+salary).

No dodgy business, just that I wasnt aware that they were meant to match up otherwise I would have been careful in just putting the cheque in on its own!

Is this a problem? Is yes what can I do to fix it?

Applying ILR in Feb based on 5yr work permit with one employer.

xyz123

Post by xyz123 » Thu Jan 28, 2010 11:33 am

Are you sure about your bank statements. As far as i know, if you pay in a cheque and cash togather they are listed seperately on bank statements as two items. cheque may take couple of days to clear while cash is straight away available for withdrawl....

HMRB

Hi

Post by HMRB » Thu Jan 28, 2010 11:37 am

Very stupid of me.... the bank asked me if I want it as a single entry or separate and i said make it single and so it shows up as cash+my pay cheque.

I feel like kicking myself for doing this...

Is this a problem and can I do something about this now?

diago_nelson

Re: Hi

Post by diago_nelson » Thu Jan 28, 2010 11:49 am

Can you get a letter from your employer, providing details of your salary, cheque no, bank name, etc. per month, in a tabular fashion? This will help.
I was also paid one month by cheque by my employer and I had provided letter to this effect, for my tier1 appln.
Although my amount in bank stmt. matched with sal. slip amount.
Do you always use to put in cash with your salary ?
You might need to prove why amt. on bank stmt. is ALWAYS more than the amt. on sal. slip.
HMRB wrote:Very stupid of me.... the bank asked me if I want it as a single entry or separate and i said make it single and so it shows up as cash+my pay cheque.

I feel like kicking myself for doing this...

Is this a problem and can I do something about this now?

HMRB

Hi

Post by HMRB » Thu Jan 28, 2010 11:59 am

Its not always that I put cash in with the cheque... Just a few months here and there but it is there in the latest statement that I will have to show the home office.

I can get a employer letter done with all that information in, I think... but dont know if that is going to help or not. I wonder if the bank can give me a letter stating I put a cheque of X amount in or so...

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Re: Payslips do not match bank statements - HELP!

Post by ChetanOjha » Thu Jan 28, 2010 1:27 pm

You can get letter from employer and explain the issue in your cover letter. For ILR you need to show economic activity as it is not point based. And any economic activtiy is fine.Besides, as per the rules you are reqd to submit only 3 moths payslips+bankstatements.

I don't think there should be any reason for your worry. Just make sure you explain things properly in your cover letter (highlight, bold the letters) ;-)

HMRB wrote:Is this a problem? I am paid by cheque by my employer (I pay all my taxes and it shows on my payslips). What I did is when I used to put the cheque into my bank I used to deposit some money with it too and it shows as a total amount on the bank statement (some little cash+salary).

No dodgy business, just that I wasnt aware that they were meant to match up otherwise I would have been careful in just putting the cheque in on its own!

Is this a problem? Is yes what can I do to fix it?

Applying ILR in Feb based on 5yr work permit with one employer.

HMRB

Hi

Post by HMRB » Thu Jan 28, 2010 2:24 pm

Thank you! I shall do that then... :-)

Do I need to write a cover letter even if I have an appointment with the PEO? I wasn't going to write one... thought it was only meant for postal applications.

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Post by ChetanOjha » Thu Jan 28, 2010 2:40 pm

HMRB wrote:Thank you! I shall do that then... :-)

Do I need to write a cover letter even if I have an appointment with the PEO? I wasn't going to write one... thought it was only meant for postal applications.
Treat you application as if you are applying by post. This will help you to documents/prepare application thoroughly.

f2k
Diamond Member

Post by f2k » Thu Jan 28, 2010 2:47 pm

Also check what documentation the application form actually asks for for you particular category.
Bank statements are to show that you can provide for yourself and any dependents without recourse to public funds.

HMRB

Hi

Post by HMRB » Thu Jan 28, 2010 2:52 pm

It just says provide documents to prove continuity in the 5 year employment period for which I am submitting my P60s and a current employment letter. But I wasnt sure if they are going to tally the bank statements against the pay slips.

f2k
Diamond Member

Post by f2k » Thu Jan 28, 2010 3:08 pm

HMRB wrote:It just says provide documents to prove continuity in the 5 year employment period for which I am submitting my P60s and a current employment letter. But I wasnt sure if they are going to tally the bank statements against the pay slips.
seeing that you are going to PEO, just carry the extra information with you but not with the main set of docs that you will hand over incase they ask for it and have any answers to your queries ready. with statements you can even use your Savings accounts as well