ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Break in earnings - Please help

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

deviK
Newly Registered

Break in earnings - Please help

Post by deviK » Thu Jan 28, 2010 3:14 pm

Hi all

I have been through these forums and have found them very helpful. Thanks for the valuable information.

I have a Few of questions. We are applying for Tier 1 visa. My husband was out of Work from 3rd week of July 09 and started working from the 1st of October 2009 to date. There is a break of approximately 2.5 months. He also did not receive his Pay because he traveled to India in Jan 09 and May 09. My question is

1) Which Months should we show for claiming the points for previous earnings? He is currently employed, so is it necessary that we start counting the months from latest or can we choose any consecutive 12 months from a 15 month period? Which among the following is the correct one to choose

From November 08 - July 09 and October 09 - Dec 09???? (as there was break of 2.5 months) or

From Jan 09 to Dec 09 (includes latest earnings) or

November 08 to October 09

Please suggest

2) If we include from November 08 we will be getting 5 points more than from pay dates Jan 09 - Dec 09 or Nov 08 to Oct 09 (minimum criteria of 75 points satisfied in all cases). Is it necessary that we should compulsorily include latest months to prove he is currently employed?.

3)My husband did his masters in Australia. The point based calculator has his university listed and awards points for having done Masters and also for English language. Do we still have to show any proof for English language?

Suggestions appreciated. Eagerly waiting to hear from you.

Thanks in Advance.

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Re: Break in earnings - Please help

Post by tvn_ramesh » Thu Jan 28, 2010 3:43 pm

You can use all or part of the November 08 - July 09 and till end of October 09 not till Dec 09 (edited it) earnings not a problem as they fall in the last 15months and is a part of 12consecutive months.. if you apply before march end..
dont worry abt it..

regarding english if your hubbies qualification is recognised by PBS Calculator and gives points for educational and english.. that is enough..

deviK wrote:Hi all

I have been through these forums and have found them very helpful. Thanks for the valuable information.

I have a Few of questions. We are applying for Tier 1 visa. My husband was out of Work from 3rd week of July 09 and started working from the 1st of October 2009 to date. There is a break of approximately 2.5 months. He also did not receive his Pay because he traveled to India in Jan 09 and May 09. My question is

1) Which Months should we show for claiming the points for previous earnings? He is currently employed, so is it necessary that we start counting the months from latest or can we choose any consecutive 12 months from a 15 month period? Which among the following is the correct one to choose

From November 08 - July 09 and October 09 - Dec 09???? (as there was break of 2.5 months) or

From Jan 09 to Dec 09 (includes latest earnings) or

November 08 to October 09

Please suggest

2) If we include from November 08 we will be getting 5 points more than from pay dates Jan 09 - Dec 09 or Nov 08 to Oct 09 (minimum criteria of 75 points satisfied in all cases). Is it necessary that we should compulsorily include latest months to prove he is currently employed?.

3)My husband did his masters in Australia. The point based calculator has his university listed and awards points for having done Masters and also for English language. Do we still have to show any proof for English language?

Suggestions appreciated. Eagerly waiting to hear from you.

Thanks in Advance.
Last edited by tvn_ramesh on Thu Jan 28, 2010 4:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

gotcha
Member of Standing

Post by gotcha » Thu Jan 28, 2010 4:00 pm

tvn_ramesh wrote:You can use all or part of the November 08 - July 09 and October 09 - Dec 09 earnings not a problem as they fall in the last 15months and is a part of 12consecutive months.. if you apply before march end..
If earning period is starting Nov-8 , then last month can claimed is Oct-09. Not beyond that.

earning must be from 12 consecutive months from last 15.

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Thu Jan 28, 2010 4:03 pm

gotcha wrote:
tvn_ramesh wrote:You can use all or part of the November 08 - July 09 and October 09 - Dec 09 earnings not a problem as they fall in the last 15months and is a part of 12consecutive months.. if you apply before march end..
If earning period is starting Nov-8 , then last month can claimed is Oct-09. Not beyond that.

earning must be from 12 consecutive months from last 15.
I stand corrected GOTCHA.. this is 2nd error today.. doing too many things at a time, now time to take a break.. let me edit before misguiding.. that's it for the day today.. thanks agian...

gotcha
Member of Standing

Post by gotcha » Thu Jan 28, 2010 4:05 pm

tvn_ramesh wrote: I stand corrected GOTCHA.. this is 2nd error today.. doing too many things at a time, now time to take a break.. let me edit before misguiding.. that's it for the day today.. thanks agian...
Don't worry. You are doing great job.

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Thu Jan 28, 2010 4:07 pm

gotcha wrote:
tvn_ramesh wrote: I stand corrected GOTCHA.. this is 2nd error today.. doing too many things at a time, now time to take a break.. let me edit before misguiding.. that's it for the day today.. thanks agian...
Don't worry. You are doing great job.
but shd not misguide and say sorry later.. its life n death equavelent for some.. no excuses.. Thanks for the compli.. cheers

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Post by aruni4470 » Thu Jan 28, 2010 4:14 pm

its life n death equavelent for some
It is so true, Ramesh. Keep up the good work.