ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Maintenance fund clarification

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

andy.wilsy
Newly Registered

Maintenance fund clarification

Post by andy.wilsy » Thu Jan 28, 2010 3:30 pm

Hi,

I am going to make an Tier 1 extension application soon. Though all my dcuments seem in place I have a clarification required for the maintenance fund for me and my dependent.

1) I have a seperate savings account with enough funds, however I didn't recieve any bank statements for few months as there were no transactions made. I did go to the bank and got the statement printed on a HSBC logoed paper, and also got it signed by the bank official. However they didn't agree to stamp it as its not their policy. Though I did get the visiting card for the HSBC official who signed on the printed statement. WIll this be good enough for proof of funds.

2) If not, I do have enough funds during last 3 months in my standard bank account on which the salary is credited. I am sending the statements as part of my earnings, so if I mention this on cover letter, will they also be acceptable for maintenance fund.

It will be great if you could share any of your experiences on this and suggest the best option for me.

Thanks,
Andy

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Re: Maintenance fund clarification

Post by aruni4470 » Thu Jan 28, 2010 4:12 pm

2) If not, I do have enough funds during last 3 months in my standard bank account on which the salary is credited. I am sending the statements as part of my earnings, so if I mention this on cover letter, will they also be acceptable for maintenance fund.
This a better option and easier. you do not have to send maintenance proof from a different account if you have enough to cover the requirement in your account where the salary is credited. As you said just mention the same in your cover letter. After all you do not want to take risk with unstamped statements.

nero_44
Newly Registered

Re: Maintenance fund clarification

Post by nero_44 » Thu Jan 28, 2010 4:40 pm

aruni4470 wrote:
This a better option and easier. you do not have to send maintenance proof from a different account if you have enough to cover the requirement in your account where the salary is credited. As you said just mention the same in your cover letter. After all you do not want to take risk with unstamped statements.
completely agreed. I've provided 12 month of bank statements for earnings and used the same statements for proof of maintenance funds. note that maintenance funds cannot be older than 1 month from the date of application, whereas earnings proof statements CAN. So make sure you grab an up to date set for your earnings proof and that shall cover your maintenance accordingly.

andy.wilsy
Newly Registered

Post by andy.wilsy » Thu Jan 28, 2010 5:02 pm

Thanks for your replies. I do get that and might just finally send the current account bank statements, though I wanted to clarify one thing.
The guidelines say "Ad hoc bank statements printed on the bank’s letterhead are admissible as evidence (this excludes mini-statements from cash points)". I wanted to know if the statement printed by bank and signed ...isn't that a ad hoc statement.

Also what if I send these statements additionally for their consideration, with a back up of my standard bank account which anyway I am sending. I can highlight this on the cover letter that if they satisfied by the printed statements then they should consider otherwise only base their decision on the current account bank statements.

Is that going to be an issue??

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Thu Jan 28, 2010 5:04 pm

andy.wilsy wrote:Also what if I send these statements additionally for their consideration, with a back up of my standard bank account which anyway I am sending. I can highlight this on the cover letter that if they satisfied by the printed statements then they should consider otherwise only base their decision on the current account bank statements.

Is that going to be an issue??
If you risk confusing the caseworker, you risk your application decision!

regards

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Post by aruni4470 » Thu Jan 28, 2010 5:10 pm

Also what if I send these statements additionally for their consideration, with a back up of my standard bank account which anyway I am sending. I can highlight this on the cover letter that if they satisfied by the printed statements then they should consider otherwise only base their decision on the current account bank statements.
It is upto you and there is no harm in sending 2 statements. But, why do you want to confuse the CW by sending two statements when one would suffice and say, choose the 1st if you are happy or else consider the second one? I wouldn't and would keep it simple and straight forward.