ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Name change

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

prasad123
Newly Registered

Name change

Post by prasad123 » Mon Jan 25, 2010 5:53 am

Hello,

I am applying for Tier-1 General from US.

Here is my situation/question:

After my masters in india, i changed my name. I applied for a passport after that, using my Gazette copy. So my passport reflects the new name but all my certificates still have the old one.

So what should I do now? It's difficult for me, sitting in US to take someone's help in India to get modified certificates of my 10th, 12th, bachelors and masters.

Will an affidavit work or accepted by the UK consulate? Your help is much appreciated.

Thanks,
Prasad.

hsmpaspirant2008

Re: Name change

Post by hsmpaspirant2008 » Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:13 am

No need to change change names in all the certificates and you might not be able to do them also.

You will provide proof issued by relevant government dept. that you have changed name and it will be sufficient. You will have to fill the right sections of the application form with name change information.

prasad123 wrote:Hello,

I am applying for Tier-1 General from US.

Here is my situation/question:

After my masters in india, i changed my name. I applied for a passport after that, using my Gazette copy. So my passport reflects the new name but all my certificates still have the old one.

So what should I do now? It's difficult for me, sitting in US to take someone's help in India to get modified certificates of my 10th, 12th, bachelors and masters.

Will an affidavit work or accepted by the UK consulate? Your help is much appreciated.

Thanks,
Prasad.

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:23 am

Ask any of your family members with documents as proof and get affidivit from any of the lawyers in India.. Ask your parents to contact a lawyer how to go about this in ur situation.. Do not need to change the names in the certificates..

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Post by ChetanOjha » Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:24 am

Get an affidavit from nearest Indian Embassy in US. Submit this affidavit with you application and also explain the same in your cover letter.

You also need to fill appropriate sections in the application form.

prasad123
Newly Registered

Post by prasad123 » Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:15 pm

Ok, so the form has appropriate sections to fill-in for name change. That's great.

So an affidavit from a lawyer or Indian embassy here should be easy. Thanks all for your responses.

Does anyone have a format or the verbiage for the affidavit that's been used before and accepted?

Thanks for your time.

prasad123
Newly Registered

Post by prasad123 » Thu Jan 28, 2010 6:33 pm

Any response to my post would be very helpful.

Can I get a format for the name change affidavit?

Thanks.