ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HSMP Extension

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

kak
Newly Registered

HSMP Extension

Post by kak » Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:24 pm

Hi,
My HSMP approval letter has been issued by Home office during Dec
2007 whereas my entry clearance visa has been stamped during March 2008 valid till 28th March 2010 and I entered UK on 8th Jun 2008.

I am suppose to apply for HSMP extension.

1. I presume I am suppose to use Tier1 general form please confirm
2. I am posted out of the UK by the employer, however I am getting my salary in UK bank account and am accordingly paying applicable income tax, please advice my long stay out of UK although due to job will it going to impact the possibility of getting extension or any other issues.
3. is it necessary for me to come over in UK to apply for extension or I can do it through courier, because at this stage I cannot afford to stay way from the job for so long.
4. apart of mentioned documents do I need to attach any thing else (my original degree, salary slips, filled form, bank statement, marriage certificate, covering letter and birth certificates of kids)
5. Please give me any format of covering letter

thanks in advance for your kind assistance

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Thu Jan 28, 2010 8:40 pm

Yes, you'll need to use the Tier 1 (General) application form and will have to fulfil the Tier 1 (General) criteria for extension. Reading the Tier 1 (General) policy guidance will be useful.
Overseas posting of a UK employee should not be a problem. But I have my doubts if UKBA will return your passport to an address outside the UK.

regards