ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Gardai halt wedding over fears that union is 'bogus'

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

MAKUSA
BANNED

He needs help

Post by MAKUSA » Thu Jan 28, 2010 6:15 pm

El shaddai wrote:Hi First-Class Moron,i am in support of your points and i know every reasonable and wise person will always come to their senses and never will sell their inheritance for whatever reasons.
To you jhbmike, i dont think you are a good Ambassador to your motherland and you are not a true and Patriotic African, Do you realised at all that Passport is a worldly thing?the day you die your passport dies as well, why dont you retract your brain and show some respect to the Africans.

Jhbmike is an African with an inferiority complex, he thinks that having an Irish passport makes him Irish. Let him stew in his abject delusions.

IrishTom
BANNED

Post by IrishTom » Thu Jan 28, 2010 6:32 pm

rebel82 wrote:Dear jhbmike,
Every person have their own way of thinking maybe you are right what you think but what I am saying that only Africa is not responsible for changing the Irish law.
So we had a referendum for the craic did we? :lol:

IrishTom
BANNED

Post by IrishTom » Thu Jan 28, 2010 6:35 pm

Tuesday August 19 2008

KEVIN Myers’ recent article on immigration understates the problem with Nigerian immigration and social welfare benefits.
According to the Department of Trade’s records, 332 work permits were granted to Nigerians over the years while fewer than 150 were granted refugee status during the same period by the minister for justice.

Stated Government policy and Irish immigration law prohibits the payment of welfare benefits to non-EU nationals, other than those granted refugee status. That, in effect, means the maximum number of Nigerians eligible to claim welfare benefits here is 150.

A massive number of Nigerians have immigrated illegally to Ireland. The previous Minister for Justice stated that no amnesty was to be granted to these people, yet a scheme was designed to allow them remain in Ireland called the IBC/05 scheme.

This scheme granted the right of full welfare benefits to these illegal immigrants.

Those who came to Ireland illegally may, if they so choose, claim unemployment and rental accommodation payments and all other welfare benefits including medical cards.

In effect, the scheme created a new category of immigrant, one that has no lawful basis. Thousands of illegal Nigerian immigrants have never worked in Ireland, yet the Irish taxpayer has to pay for them for the rest of their natural lives.

The IBC/05 scheme was grafted on to existing immigration law, even though no legislation for the provision of welfare benefits to illegal immigrants exists. No Bill to accommodate it was brought before the Oireachtas and no vote on this scheme was ever taken even though it requires a massive diversion of publicly raised funds destined for other purposes and voted on by Dail Eireann.

The scheme was implemented in January 2005. More illegal immigrants were granted leave to remain here under this scheme then than the combined total of legal immigrants granted work permits from non-EU countries over the past four years.

Some 23,178 Nigerians are registered with the Department of social welfare. How is this number possible?

Extrapolating from the figures published last week Nigerians alone are receiving a minimum of €100m in benefits per year. This figure is likely much higher.

The scale of the problem is apparent to ordinary Irish people.

The regulation and enforcement of immigration law and policies is currently in a state of anarchy. Resentment of this injustice against the Irish people is ignored by the political establishment and allowed to fester.

I voted ‘No’ in the Lisbon referendum because of immigration issues. This was the first public expression of that resentment. The time for a debate was before this problem got out of hand, not now. What is now required is action, deportations. We need the political expression of this resentment and soon.

FRANK MAGEE

DUBLIN 17

Pretty much sums it up. :lol:

jhbmike

Re: He needs help

Post by jhbmike » Thu Jan 28, 2010 6:37 pm

First-Class Moron wrote:
El shaddai wrote:Hi First-Class Moron,i am in support of your points and i know every reasonable and wise person will always come to their senses and never will sell their inheritance for whatever reasons.
To you jhbmike, i dont think you are a good Ambassador to your motherland and you are not a true and Patriotic African, Do you realised at all that Passport is a worldly thing?the day you die your passport dies as well, why dont you retract your brain and show some respect to the Africans.

Jhbmike is an African with an inferiority complex, he thinks that having an Irish passport makes him Irish. Let him stew in his abject delusions.
You are so wrong I am an African with a superiority complex to nitwits like you. The only person with delusions is you if you think study in a foreign country that makes you smart. The way I see it is that you you get student visa's to be able to gain entry into Europe.

By the way before we go on with this debate any longer, I think it is only fair to let you know that I am a white person from South Africa. I certainly dont have african descent rather they were Irish.

Oh I know what youre gonna say now. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!What a dearly beloved!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I dare you to play the race card.

IrishTom
BANNED

Post by IrishTom » Thu Jan 28, 2010 6:40 pm

El shaddai wrote:To you jhbmike, i dont think you are a good Ambassador to your motherland and you are not a true and Patriotic African.
If you are so patriotic, why move to Ireland?

IrishTom
BANNED

Post by IrishTom » Thu Jan 28, 2010 6:42 pm

[quote="First-Class Moron] he thinks that having an Irish passport makes him Irish. Let him stew in his abject delusions.[/quote]

The media would have us believe that as soon as somebody touches down in Dublin airport they become "New Irish". :lol:

archigabe

Re: Ignorant f****

Post by archigabe » Thu Jan 28, 2010 6:42 pm

First-Class Moron wrote:
jhbmike wrote:
El shaddai wrote:Hi craicindublin, i agreed on ur point of Govt to step up and do something about the marriage of convenience.But i think u are totally wrong by saying "when people from african countries started a trend of coming into this country to deliver their babies which started from early 98 "is it only Africans coming to have babies in ireland? would have been better if u dont mention any race or continent.
I am from an african country and take no exeption to that statement. The facts are that the majority of applicants that applied for leave to remain based on a child being born here were mainly from african countries. The babies were quite literall falling out on the tarmac.
And i am from Timbuktu,D*******
[Mod edit because of offensive language
First-Class Moron, keep it clean]
First-Class Moron, I just read your previous post here.
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... ht=#317129

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... ht=#317199

Kindly refrain from using offensive language.this will be the last warning.
thanks.
Last edited by archigabe on Thu Jan 28, 2010 6:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

IrishTom
BANNED

Post by IrishTom » Thu Jan 28, 2010 6:45 pm

Not a fan of Myers, but he hits the nail on the head with this piece.

D'you know -- and for reasons you might possibly soon understand -- I was rather hoping that someone else was going to pick up on a story which appeared when I was on my summer break. But no one did. Hmmm. I wonder why? Ah well, into the valley of death, et cetera.

Last week, the figures appeared for the numbers of people receiving full state-subsidy for rental accommodation in Ireland. Nearly 40pc of them are immigrants. Most of these are EU nationals, and are entitled by law to the same benefits as are Irish nationals. So, the 3,061 British-born people who are getting their accommodation paid for by the state are enjoying no more than the rights which Irish people in Britain would get. Indeed, the British are top of the league of foreigners who are claiming rent allowance. And this is not surprising, for they are also the most numerous foreign group, numbering some 112,000, according to the 2006 census.

Second in the list of foreign groups availing of free accommodation, courtesy of the State, are who? Citizens of fellow EU states, such as the Poles, the Latvians, the Czechs or Slovaks? No, indeed not. The people who come second in the rent-allowance league table are the Nigerians -- barely less than the British, with 3,024 claimants. But whereas the British figure constitutes just 2.7pc of the total population of Britons living here, the figure for Nigerians is 18.6pc of their total Irish population of 16,300. Alas, just how many more Nigerian dependents are the beneficiaries of the rent allowances that are being granted to the 3,024 family-heads, I cannot say.

Now this reliance upon the state for the accommodation of so many Nigerians reflects another rather uncomfortable truth which was revealed in the 2006 census, but which has never -- so far as I know -- been highlighted in the media. It is this: contrary to almost all predictions about the impact of immigrants upon an economy, a majority of Nigerians are not economically active at all. For even at the height of the boom, in 2006, only 38pc over the age of 15 were at work.

Maybe this is because so many are too old for work? Not so. There are almost no Nigerians over 50. Their average age is 26.6, with some 10,000 between the ages of 25 and 44. Yes, there are a large number of Nigerian children (3,845 under fifteen), but that figure of 38pc at work is a percentage of the over-15s only. The equivalent working proportions are: Poles, 84pc; Lithuanians, 82pc; and Latvians 82pc. On the other hand, the figures for rental-subsidy (remember: Nigerians 18.6pc) are Poles, 1.5pc; Lithuanians, 3pc; and Latvians, 4.3pc.

Now, you may think that what you have read so far has required a colossal amount of sleuthing -- not so. Most of these figures were presented in five separate national profiles -- British, Latvian, Polish, Lithuanian, Nigerian -- by the Central Statistics Office in its report on the 2006 census, no doubt to make life easier for us baffled, thicko, journalists. Yet so far as I can see, no other journalist has chosen to use the startling CSO revelations, leading to the first of many questions, all of them beginning -- why?

Why are so many people, from a country to which we have no moral or legal or historical obligations, living off this state? Why are they being allowed through immigration, if they have no jobs to go to? Why are they choosing to come to Ireland, when 20 countries or more lie between their homeland and ourselves? And finally, and perhaps most important of all, why is no one else asking why? Why did no one else pick up on the immigration digest so thoughtfully provided by the CSO?

Is it because we are too polite? Too timid? Too stupid? Too scared about being called dearly beloved? Which is all very well, but such intellectual and emotional repression does not usually end benignly. In place of openly spoken and verifiable truths, risible lies are whispered and believed, such as that "asylum seekers" are given free driving lessons and even cars, or that the ducks in public parks are vanishing because immigrants are catching and eating them. The acceptance of such gibberish is the foot-in-the-door of dearly beloved scaremongering, and can only happen in the dark of media-contrived ignorance, and all usually ending in tears.

For the real issue is not the number of Nigerians living here, nor even the absurd and unacceptable dependency of so many of them on this State. No, it is the abject refusal of the Irish people, both through the media and the Dail, to have an open debate about the biggest issue facing this country. Instead, to judge from events this time last year, our national broadcaster will soon be accusing the Catholic Church of beloved -- either for wanting Catholic children in its Catholic schools, or for not preparing places for African children who were not even in Ireland when the school rolls were being filled. And, naturally, for this is Ireland, it's professionally far more rewarding for the media to go on an easy, Catholic-bashing spree than it is to inquire into the complex and possibly discomfiting truths about immigration.

MAKUSA
BANNED

Post by MAKUSA » Thu Jan 28, 2010 6:50 pm

jhbmike wrote:
First-Class Moron wrote:

You are so wrong I am an African with a superiority complex to nitwits like you. The only person with delusions is you if you think study in a foreign country that makes you smart. The way I see it is that you you get student visa's to be able to gain entry into Europe.

By the way before we go on with this debate any longer, I think it is only fair to let you know that I am a white person from South Africa. I certainly dont have african descent rather they were Irish.

Oh I know what youre gonna say now. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!What a dearly beloved!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I dare you to play the race card.
Yeah white South African with no country, you tried to rob and intimidate the indigenes but it didnt work so you try the Irish quick route to get a passport, your sorry arse is confused. By the way i am not going to stoop to your level and start discussing with a sell out or a lost sheep. What student visa deluded man. I dont give a damn if you are white or black, the fact still remains that you ve got a serious complex issue.

jhbmike

Post by jhbmike » Thu Jan 28, 2010 6:50 pm

Great article Irish Tom.

jhbmike

Post by jhbmike » Thu Jan 28, 2010 6:52 pm

No First-Class Moron you are the only one with a chip on your shoulder. Youre previous record on this forum speaks for itself.

IrishTom
BANNED

Post by IrishTom » Thu Jan 28, 2010 6:56 pm

First-Class Moron wrote:Yeah white South African with no country,
Bit of a paradox, that one.
First-Class Moron wrote: you tried to rob and intimidate the indigenes but it didnt work.
The mask slips. If you dislike white people so much, why choose to live in a continent full of them? :lol:

MAKUSA
BANNED

yeah yeah

Post by MAKUSA » Thu Jan 28, 2010 6:58 pm

jhbmike wrote:No First-Class Moron you are the only one with a chip on your shoulder. Youre previous record on this forum speaks for itself.
What record, didnt know you had records. i speak my mind and i dont come here to be liked by ignoramuses.

MAKUSA
BANNED

Post by MAKUSA » Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:01 pm

IrishTom wrote:
First-Class Moron wrote:Yeah white South African with no country,
Bit of a paradox, that one.
First-Class Moron wrote: you tried to rob and intimidate the indigenes but it didnt work.
The mask slips. If you dislike white people so much, why choose to live in a continent full of them? :lol:
Irish tom i dislike anybody who disrespects the opposite race, respect is the word and i dont care if you are white, black or allien. Criticise all you want but dont cross the line. The world belongs to no man.

9jeirean

Post by 9jeirean » Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:01 pm

My Final note on this thread.

@jhmike: A wise man once said: If you find yourself in a hole, stop digging. I am sure you get my drift.

God bless y'all!
What lies behind us and ahead of us is nothing compared to what lies within us

MAKUSA
BANNED

loopholes

Post by MAKUSA » Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:05 pm

Loopholes are there to be exploited, if you dont want exploitation then you need to tighten up your rules within the limitations of the law. The bankers in AIB and all around the world got away with robbery because they could. By all means debate all you want on immigration, it aint going to change a thing.

jhbmike

Post by jhbmike » Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:07 pm

9jeirean wrote:My Final note on this thread.

@jhmike: A wise man once said: If you find yourself in a hole, stop digging. I am sure you get my drift.

God bless y'all!
Enough said, Im going out anyway. Nice catching up with all of you.

IrishTom
BANNED

Post by IrishTom » Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:07 pm

God bless y'all!
`

Nah, hes quite right in his assertion that the majority of people who availed of the IBC scheme/scam are Nigerians. 68% of whom, during the boom in 2006, were on the dole. See the previous articles I posted.

MAKUSA
BANNED

Ciao

Post by MAKUSA » Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:08 pm

jhbmike wrote:

God bless y'all!
And may the Good Lord bless you all.

IrishTom
BANNED

Post by IrishTom » Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:13 pm

First-Class Moron wrote:Irish tom i dislike anybody who disrespects the opposite race, respect is the word and i dont care if you are white, black or allien. Criticise all you want but dont cross the line.
Except white South Africans............ You dont like Brits either it seems. Apparently you call them "white paedophiles". You seem like a charming person. My nation is "enriched" by your presence. :lol:
First-Class Moron wrote:Yeah white South African with no country, you tried to rob and intimidate the indigenes but it didnt work
The only one who posted anything dearly beloved, is you. :lol:
Last edited by IrishTom on Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MAKUSA
BANNED

Irish Scams

Post by MAKUSA » Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:14 pm

IrishTom wrote:

God bless y'all!
`

Nah, hes quite right in his assertion that the majority of people who availed of the IBC scheme/scam are Nigerians. 68% of whom, during the boom in 2006, were on the dole. See the previous articles I posted.
Irish tom, i could provide statistics on loads of Irish scams (i remember back in the eighties when the Irish came with multiple birth certificates and defrauded the UK treasury on multiple benefit claims or your caravan scams etcetera), stop the generalisation. The world is a land of scams. :roll:
Last edited by MAKUSA on Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

9jeirean

Post by 9jeirean » Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:16 pm

jhbmike wrote:

God bless y'all!

Thanks for yielding my call jhmike and maximum respect to you too First-Class Moron. I am sure that you both will agree with me that even if we differ in our ideology and opinion. The african continent and its people WILL NEVER allow itself to be an instrument in the hands of lovey, Never again! So those lovey peddling hates and stale puke on this thread knows where to stick it :wink:

God bless Y'all.

Over and out!
Last edited by 9jeirean on Fri Jan 29, 2010 7:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
What lies behind us and ahead of us is nothing compared to what lies within us

IrishTom
BANNED

Post by IrishTom » Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:20 pm

9jeirean wrote:So those lovey peddling stats
Ive heard it all now. I am a lovey for using stats. Did you get handed that race card upon landing in Dublin airport? :lol:
Last edited by IrishTom on Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

IrishTom
BANNED

Re: Irish Scams

Post by IrishTom » Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:22 pm

First-Class Moron wrote: Irish tom, i could provide statistics on loads of Irish scams (i remember back in the eighties when the Irish came with multiple birth certificates and defrauded the UK treasury on multiple benefit claims or your caravan scams etcetera), stop the generalisation. The world is a land of scams. :roll:
I am sure you could;

- Two wrongs dont make a right.
-Ireland and the UK has a hisotical connection, unlike Nigeria and Ireland.
-Could you provide a link showing that 68% of Irish people in the UK were on the dole?
-I would have no problem with the UK/America/wherever imprisoning/deporting Irish spongers.

MAKUSA
BANNED

Re: Irish Scams

Post by MAKUSA » Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:31 pm

IrishTom wrote:
First-Class Moron wrote: Irish tom, i could provide statistics on loads of Irish scams (i remember back in the eighties when the Irish came with multiple birth certificates and defrauded the UK treasury on multiple benefit claims or your caravan scams etcetera), stop the generalisation. The world is a land of scams. :roll:
I am sure you could;

- Two wrongs dont make a right.
-Ireland and the UK has a hisotical connection, unlike Nigeria and Ireland.
-Could you provide a link showing that 68% of Irish people in the UK were on the dole?
-I would have no problem with the UK/America/wherever imprisoning/deporting Irish spongers.
Two wrongs dont make a right, true but your government needs to tighten up its laws. It's a dog eat dog world. Yeah so UK and Ireland have historical connections does not make it right- you reap what you sow. Nigeria must have gotten robbed at some stage in it's history, its a cycle thing mate. The USA has been robbing the world blind for ages via the UN, IMF, World Bank, WTO, Paris club and investing a lot in Ireland. These things happen.