ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Settlement ...

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

rozendeva
Newly Registered

Settlement ...

Post by rozendeva » Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:01 pm

I got my ILR today , under the HSMP Judicial Review terms. My questions are :

1- I completed my 4 years in October 2009. but applied for ILR today and got it as well . Will I be able to get the passport (nationality) in October 2010... or will i have to wait until january 28th next year?

2- Will I have to give Life in the UK test before applying for nationality or am I exempted ?

Many thanks for your advise ...

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Re: Settlement ...

Post by aruni4470 » Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:54 pm

I got my ILR today , under the HSMP Judicial Review terms. My questions are :

1- I completed my 4 years in October 2009. but applied for ILR today and got it as well . Will I be able to get the passport (nationality) in October 2010... or will i have to wait until january 28th next year?

2- Will I have to give Life in the UK test before applying for nationality or am I exempted ?

Many thanks for your advise ...
Post in the 'British Citizenship' section, you will have more chances of getting your questions answered.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Fri Jan 29, 2010 2:26 am

You must be free from immigration control for at least 12 months before you can apply for naturalisation. Therefore, you will be eligible to apply for naturalisation in Jan 2011, unless your ILR is backdated.

If required, one must pass KOL before ILR itself. For people covered by either of the two JRs there is no requirement to take the KOL test.

regards